Frisaro mentions Ohtani as possibility

SonOfJack

Otani sent a detailed questionnaire to all 30 teams asking close to a dozen questions including one that says something to the extent of "Why should I join your team?" 

Frisaro pretty clearly says there's basically zero chance of the Marlins even being in on Ohtani but he answered the "Why should I join your team?" question in relation to the Marlins just in a hypothetical sense.  

It's called writing fluff articles in the slow days of the off-season. Give Joe a break. 

Otani sent a detailed questionnaire to all 30 teams asking close to a dozen questions including one that says something to the extent of "Why should I join your team?" 

Frisaro pretty clearly says there's basically zero chance of the Marlins even being in on Ohtani but he answered the "Why should I join your team?" question in relation to the Marlins just in a hypothetical sense.  

It's called writing fluff articles in the slow days of the off-season. Give Joe a break. 

Joe writes fluff articles in July.

They are not expected to pursue Shohei Ohtani, the star pitcher/outfielder from Japan, in part due to the financial commitment signing him would require, according to several industry sources familiar with the Marlins’ thinking.

Marlins was out of Ohtani' bidding war. No one expect them to chase him.

Is it really true that the marlins did not bid for otani because they did not want to pay the 20m posting fee in case they win?

Sullivan totally went off on them because of that in the podcast  today. 

I mean likely they wont have won anyway but why not try? I mean you pay like 25m to get a player worth 100+,that is a bargain.

Btw is jeter running the team now? I think he is a smart guy but they need a real gm with the power to make decisions.