The Disney/Fox deal includes regional sports networks

poptart

This could potentially be bad if they go the direction of ESPN, which is a total joke right now. Laying people off and losing money.

lol, espn is not in any way shape or form losing money.  they happen to be making less money than they were at one point, but that is completely different than losing money.

That's just semantics. They are losing subscribers because of cord cutting in particular and other things. Losing subscribers is losing revenue, which is losing money based on their operating budget. Hence the massive layoffs. But I'm not saying they are operating at a budgetary loss in the sense that the Marlins have been.

that's not semantics.  losing money is different than making less money than they were before.

It's semantics because it doesn't alter the overall point I was making. ESPN isn't nearly as flush as it was 5 years ago. Much of that has to do with cord cutting, but their poor decision making in programming and their inability to adapt their content in accordance with new changes in the media world have a lot to do with it.

Speaking only on recent experiences with ESPN, I used to always watch the 6pm Sportscenter everyday (b/c the local news just blows). The "new and improved" SC is now a nightly attempt at shoving a social disparity discussion into my brain.  Not what I am looking for and I am guessing that a majority of guys in my demographic feel the same way.  Just a thought on another reason why ESPN isn't making as much money as they used to.

Also they need to get the NHL back on ESPN.