Giants Trade For McCutchen

CyggyMarlin

so?

you need 5 starters + to get through a 162 game season.

Thank you for the enlightenment.  Having a great first 2 really helps.  And Samardzjia is also a great #3.  Their rotation is pretty damn good if those are your first 3 and you still have 3 months until opening day to figure out 4 and 5.  I think theyll be above average but not close to the dodgers.  I could easily see them grabbing a wild card though.

That’s what I was wondering, how their pitching depth is now. 

Bumgarner, Cueto, Samadzjia when healthy is a pretty damn good way to start any rotation.  And I think their lineup is old, but Longoria, Mccutchen, Posey, Belt, Panik, Pence isnt the worst lineup in the world.  theyll be a solid team if healthy, but i could see them being injury riddled all year.

Exactly. 

that team is much better than the 2012 marlins.  They werent bad last year because their roster was horrific, they were bad because of injuries.  Melancon, Belt missed 60 games, Bumgarner, and Cueto were all significantly injured.  Longoria and McCutchen arent what they once were, but they are desperately needed in that lineup and should help a ton.  They wont be better than the dodgers, but they will be good.

• 2 weeks later...