Yelich says "No hard feelings" and "Hang in there"

SilverBullet

Stanton after his trade - ""I've always tried to be as professional as possible during the unprofessional, circus times there!"

Gordon after his trade - “It’s terrible. It’s almost — I’m not even going to say almost. It’s embarrassing. It’s embarrassing. I don’t want to bash anyone, but what’s happened is not good.”

Yelich after his trade - “he has “no hard feelings on my end” toward the Marlins. He wants Marlins fans to feel that way, too."

So yes we were thinking of the exact same comments. 

Stanton wasn't the classiest with that line but he made 100% clear he was talking about Loria and his BS and not about the fans or the city and he did say positive things about the fans and the city too. And if anyone had earned the right to trash talk the organization in public, it's Stanton. So that line didn't bother me.

Gordon? Yeah that was total trash especially when two weeks earlier he said he understood the moves that were coming and the need to rebuild. Being inconsistent in things like this is the worst thing you can do.

Stanton after his trade - ""I've always tried to be as professional as possible during the unprofessional, circus times there!"

Gordon after his trade - “It’s terrible. It’s almost — I’m not even going to say almost. It’s embarrassing. It’s embarrassing. I don’t want to bash anyone, but what’s happened is not good.”

Yelich after his trade - “he has “no hard feelings on my end” toward the Marlins. He wants Marlins fans to feel that way, too."

What stanton said is fine. His time here was an unmitigated disaster and a circus both on and off the field.  Gordon is understandable because he just wanted to keep the team together.  Neither of them lacked class.  The way we handled things was also bad.  The right moves to make, but handled poorly PR wise.

What stanton said is fine. His time here was an unmitigated disaster and a circus both on and off the field.  Gordon is understandable because he just wanted to keep the team together.  Neither of them lacked class.  The way we handled things was also bad.  The right moves to make, but handled poorly PR wise.

Gordon is not understandable when he said exactly opposite points two weeks apart. When he was still part of this team he acted all cool with the rebuild then as soon as he left he acted like he hated it so that he can look cool to the media. 

Gordon is not understandable when he said exactly opposite points two weeks apart. When he was still part of this team he acted all cool with the rebuild then as soon as he left he acted like he hated it so that he can look cool to the media. 

Would you rather him have trashed the team publicly while he was still part of the organization?  What do you expect these guys to say when a core who spends 7 straight months together every year for the past 4 years in Dee's case and 7-8 + years in Ozuna, Stanton, and Yelich's case and the entire time theyve had a joke of an ownership making this the laughing stock in baseball both on and off the field?  They are human and wanted to stay together.  Who really cares what they say on the way out.  I dont think any of those were classless.  Obviously a professional athlete is gonna have the confidence in his teams' ability to think they were just one piece away and not recognize the value of a rebuild to this franchise. 

So yes we were thinking of the exact same comments. 

Stanton wasn't the classiest with that line but he made 100% clear he was talking about Loria and his BS and not about the fans or the city and he did say positive things about the fans and the city too. And if anyone had earned the right to trash talk the organization in public, it's Stanton. So that line didn't bother me.

Gordon? Yeah that was total trash especially when two weeks earlier he said he understood the moves that were coming and the need to rebuild. Being inconsistent in things like this is the worst thing you can do.

Was he inconsistent or just hoping to survive the rebuild and stay in a place where he signed a long term contract to play?

Guest CHRISTYTOD
What do you expect these guys to say when a core who spends 7 straight months together every year for the past 4 years in Dee's case and 7-8 + years in Ozuna, Stanton, and Yelich's case and the entire time theyve had a joke of an ownership making this the laughing stock in baseball both on and off the field?  They are human and wanted to stay together.  Who really cares what they say on the way out.  I dont think any of those were classless.  Obviously a professional athlete is gonna have the confidence in his teams' ability to think they were just one piece away and not recognize the value of a rebuild to this franchise. 

I expect them to be professional about the situation and know that business is business. How many of us dictate what we get in the workplace?  Maybe Gordon should be thankful he is even playing baseball after his PED debacle. Stanton hit .240 just 2 seasons ago. I didn't see him returning any of the money he didn't EARN that year. Probably a good idea for these 'clowns' to just be thankful for being overpaid entertainers.

Maybe Gordon should be thankful he is even playing baseball after his PED debacle.

He should be thankful. Considering he took the PED's whether before or after signing the extension is still up for a debate. He was suspended for 80 games in 2016 when we were pretty much in it the whole season.

The only person that could really say something was Stanton because I believed he really did put up with a lot and did his best. But that chapter is over an done with.

I can't believe you'd defend Gordon on this one. One day he supports what Jeter had to do and 2 weeks later he trashes the same thing he just defended. That's an idiot in my book. 

Probably because he is trying to stay in miami when he chose to commit here and didnt want to be traded, and then when he was traded to a team he didnt choose he let his real feelings out there.  If he told people publicly before the trade what he did after people would bash him for that too.

@fish20 Gordon made all the comments AFTER the trade. He originally said this after being traded:

"Bad things happened over there with the death of our good friend Jose," Gordon said. "Honestly there's kind of no way to rebound from that other than start over. It was built on Giancarlo and Jose, and we lost the focal point for our pitching, a guy who we knew was going to give us a chance to win every day. Honestly in the major leagues, that's pretty tough to win that way."

Then a couple weeks later, it changed to the quote about it being terrible and embarrassment. This is what [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] is referring to.

@fish20 Gordon made all the comments AFTER the trade. He originally said this after being traded:

Then a couple weeks later, it changed to the quote about it being terrible and embarrassment. This is what [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] is referring to.

Ok then i read that wrong and i apologize. Weird to see the change of opinion.  I still am not gonna bash a guy who was nothing but professional here.  Bashing the team is honestly not the most absurd thing to do.  We're doing the right thing from a baseball and business perspective, but i dont mind any player having a problem with what we're doing.