Billy the Marlin performer fired

Admin

I'm more excited for the season right now than I was in February 2017. So at least for this fan, the life is still there.

I'm starting to feel like the fan base will eventually grow to be more excited about this era of the team than they were (or thought they were) about the previous eras. It might take some extra time of course and yes this is assuming the rebuild works of course.

Guest CHRISTYTOD
what an incredibly musty and old timey post.

Real mature. Makes sense though, based on many posts I have read. Some of us ARE "old-timey" - with age comes wisdom. :) 

Guest CHRISTYTOD
I'm starting to feel like the fan base will eventually grow to be more excited about this era of the team than they were (or thought they were) about the previous eras. It might take some extra time of course and yes this is assuming the rebuild works of course.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  I am super excited about many of these new prospects we got in the trades. I don't feel the least bit like "doom and gloom" for this season or future seasons. Can't wait to watch the youngsters develop! 

I'm more excited for the season right now than I was in February 2017. So at least for this fan, the life is still there.

I’m genuinely happy for you as long as you realize you’re one of about 400 Marlins fans. 

I will be excited in 2020 if/when new ownership starts reinvesting all of this money that’s being saved into IFA signings and plugging the holes needed to take this team into the playoffs.  

Until that time, I feel sodomized*

*if I knew what that felt like

I’m genuinely happy for you as long as you realize you’re one of about 400 Marlins fans. 

I will be excited in 2020 if/when new ownership starts reinvesting all of this money that’s being saved into IFA signings and plugging the holes needed to take this team into the playoffs.  

Until that time, I feel sodomized*

*if I knew what that felt like

So you feel sodomized AND you want Jeter to invest money in plugging holes? Wow. You must like pain. 

Guest CHRISTYTOD
Just ignore that kind of stuff, take it from whom it comes. You seem like a great poster and I appreciate your opinions. I noticed your sign-up date, you're an "old-timer" only in terms of your membership here. 

Thanks! I stopped regularly posting years ago because it could get hostile when people didn't agree with each other, but I have always been here reading. Every now and then, I feel compelled to post. I think this group currently posting is pretty fair with each other for the most part. The one common denominator is that we all love the Marlins and we are ALL frustrated!  Now we just need to get through it and get to that next WS!  (optimism)  

Thanks! I stopped regularly posting years ago because it could get hostile when people didn't agree with each other, but I have always been here reading. Every now and then, I feel compelled to post. I think this group currently posting is pretty fair with each other for the most part. The one common denominator is that we all love the Marlins and we are ALL frustrated!  Now we just need to get through it and get to that next WS!  (optimism)  

:hill   I got this!

This New York Post writer regrets naming his son after Jeter, says him firing the guy in the Billy suit is the worst thing Jeter has ever done... You couldn't make up stuff this stupid...

https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/i-regret-naming-my-son-after-derek-jeter/

thats hilarious.  maybe im in the minority, but i think naming a child after a professional athlete is stupid enough, but imagine only beginning to regret it after he fired the guy in a fucking mascot costume.

thats hilarious.  maybe im in the minority, but i think naming a child after a professional athlete is stupid enough, but imagine only beginning to regret it after he fired the guy in a fucking mascot costume.

Yep and if you are gonna name a kid after an athlete and you're at least smart enough to choose someone as legendary to you as Derek Jeter is to a Yankee fan then to think regretting the choice because of something so trivial is absurd. I mean, does this Billy thing really take away what made Derek an iconic Yankee and thus take away the whole point of choosing that name to begin with?