Miami Marlins 2018 Opening Day Roster

C- Tomas Telis, Chad Wallach, Bryan Holaday

IF- Justin Bour, Starlin Castro, Brian Anderson, Miguel Rojas, Garrett Cooper, Yadiel Rivera 

OF- Lewis Brinson, Cameron Maybin, Derek Dietrich, Braxton Lee 

SP- Jose Urena, Caleb Smith, Odrisamer Despaigne, Dillon Peters

RP- Brad Ziegler, Kyle Barraclough, Drew Steckenrider, Junichi Tazawa, Tayron Guerrero, Chris O'Grady, Jarlin Garcia, Jacob Turner

DL- Realmuto, Riddle, Straily, Prado, Graves, Hernandez, Chen 

So Lee is the 4th OF? If he made the team wouldn't it make more sense for him to get everyday AB's?

Since Lee was originally optioned down I think he's only up now because of all the injuries and eventually gets sent back down to play every day. Calling him up now was done to not have to DFA anyone else since they'll likely have to DFA 3 people already, with Nicolino already counting as one of them. 

I bet Jarlin is going into the pen despite earlier thoughts and Richards is in the rotation.

I think so too but I think Straily has to throw on Friday for this to be figured out. Jarlin is the 5th starter by name only as of now. If Straily misses one start Jarlin gets it, if Straily pitches Game 5 Jarlin goes down to work on starting, if Straily misses more than one start then Richards comes up. 

To add to the point [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] made in a thread recently...

The Phillies will have ten players making their Opening Day debut. Some have mlb experience before, but that is almost half the roster.

Also that's a weird thing to even count because very few players debut on Opening Day so every single team has several guys at their first Opening Day every year. If this roster is so new and unknown we'd have multiple guys not having their first Opening Day but being at their first MLB game ever period and by my count the Marlins only have one guy who fits that bill and that would be Braxton Lee. All 24 other guys have already played in the majors before tomorrow. 

Well at least the lineup is out

1. Lewis Brinson ® CF

2. Derek Dietrich (L) LF

3. Starlin Castro ® 2B

4. Justin Bour (L) 1B

5. Brian Anderson ® 3B

6. Garrett Cooper ® RF

7. Miguel Rojas ® SS

8. Chad Wallach ® C

9. Jose Urena ® P

Notables are Cooper in RF and Wallach behind the plate. Really thought it would be Telis.

Why is Maybin out and not Dietrich? I thought Cooper might play because Lester is a lefty but replacing the righty Maybin and leaving in the lefty Dietrich seems to be counterproductive. 

Dietrich actually did pretty good against LHP last year. I thought he would hit 6th in the lineup though. Had JT been able to play he would have hit 2nd probably. I thought Maybin would somehow play.

The real head scratcher is Wallach, even Holladay should have gotten the start head of him.