5/8 Post Game

Very frustrating one. We handed this one to them on a shiny silver platter. I'm glad Mattingly spoke about this one the way he did.

And despite all the things that contributed to this loss I'm laying this one at the feet of Urena again.

For being the supposed ace he sure doesn't pitch like it. I know he had a "good" start but you get 3 runs in the first it'd be nice to not give the Cubs a chance to get back into it. Urena doesn't need to be Cy Young but I would love for our supposed ace to shut a team out into the later innings here and there. Maybe he'd have a win or two by now if he could ever do that.

Guest CHRISTYTOD
So glad I did not renew my MLB TV this year... money well saved

I'm still throwing this money away (monthly).  I will probably wise up at some point this season!  lol

What did Mattingly say?

Also, Urena is unequivocally not an ace. On a good team, he's a swingman in the bullpen or AAA rotation depth. He doesn't crack the 25-man roster for any of the first place teams right now. 

Urena had a productive offense behind him last year to bail him out when he fucked up an early 3 - 0 lead

They faced a good team on the road and got hammered, which is no surprise in the slightest. One competitive game out of three with the Cubs is really the most one could have hoped for. Too bad they lost it. If only the Cubs had kept their minor  league hasbeen of a SP in there a few more innings.

They faced a good team on the road and got hammered, which is no surprise in the slightest. One competitive game out of three with the Cubs is really the most one could have hoped for. Too bad they lost it. If only the Cubs had kept their minor  league hasbeen of a SP in there a few more innings.

Prior to facing the Marlins, the Cubs were 1 game over .500 so I guess they’re good. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.