Cubs signed outfielder Todd Hollandsworth

SuperAngels

probably should never have been starting anyway. going into the season with Hollandsworth, Pierre, and Encarnacion was pretty shaky.

i'd hoped he could rejuvinate his career here, but except for one hot streak (in May I think) it was basically one long slump for Hollandsworth. His struggles led to the callup of a certain Mr. Miguel Cabrera though, so maybe we should thank him. :)

He did awesome once he was moved to a pinch-hitting role. Had some big hits in the playoffs too.

Other teams continue to sign players... :whistle

i liked him

i dont know why all of you are calling him hollandsworthless

the cubs have made far better trades and signings than us this year

Were you watching the Marlins the first half of the year? Actually, I was Mr. Fish4WildCard.

It has been at least 4 years since I have started being a fan, which is a long time considering I'm only 15 years old

Now that we have established that....

Were you watching the Marlins the second half of the year? When he was playing the pinch hit role? The playoffs?

Cubs got the Dusty-approved veteran mojo working! Hollandsworthless, Mercker, Glover, Selby, and Jamey Wright all in one day. The last 3 were for minor league deals but you know Dusty will bring them up and start them when Corey Patterson and Juan Cruz have one bad day.

F4WC, I think he was talking about the offseason. But I'm not sure.

i liked him

i dont know why all of you are calling him hollandsworthless

the cubs have made far better trades and signings than us this year

Were you watching the Marlins the first half of the year? Actually, I was Mr. Fish4WildCard.

It has been at least 4 years since I have started being a fan, which is a long time considering I'm only 15 years old

Now that we have established that....

Were you watching the Marlins the second half of the year? When he was playing the pinch hit role? The playoffs? read above post...

Yes I was, in fact with my parents since we can't go often, I got to go to like 2 games and then 3 in the playoffs. All great seats.

At least now I am gonna have season tickets.

Hollandsworth was a good bench player, but he stunk it up when he was starting at the begining of the season. I look back to the begining of last season, when this event took place.

(Scene: The fishtank, Marlins down, 1 out, 1 man on, Big Todd coming up. I'm needing another beer, and the thirst is getting to me)

Friend: Where you going? They got somethin startin here.

Me: No they don't, look who's up.

(Big Todd hits into double play as I walk up the aisle to beer stand)

he had that 3 week stretch that was absolutely mind boggling

he had about 17 doubles and hit well over .300

it was insane

Yeah, after he cooled his jets on the bench for a few weeks. Looked like he was fighting to get that starting job back. Got to give him credit though for coming through big time in the playoffs.