MLB The Show 20

Anyone use the API, the thing where the catcher calls for each pitch and location?

I've seen many don't use it because they think its cheating but that makes no sense. In reality if I'm the pitcher my pitch selection should be influenced by my catchers suggestions and then I can use it or shrug it off so in this game I like to at least know what my catcher is thinking before deciding on my pitch. Sometimes I go with and sometimes I go with my own instincts just like reality.

I think it's an underrated feature.

Anyone use the API, the thing where the catcher calls for each pitch and location?

I've seen many don't use it because they think its cheating but that makes no sense. In reality if I'm the pitcher my pitch selection should be influenced by my catchers suggestions and then I can use it or shrug it off so in this game I like to at least know what my catcher is thinking before deciding on my pitch. Sometimes I go with and sometimes I go with my own instincts just like reality.

I have it enabled sometimes, but I usually just throw whatever pitch and location I think is best. I have found that feature to not be that good. It'll call for 3 change-ups in a row or a fastball on an 0-2 count when a change or slider would make more sense. Following it usually gets me in trouble.

• Like 1

I have it enabled sometimes, but I usually just throw whatever pitch and location I think is best. I have found that feature to not be that good. It'll call for 3 change-ups in a row or a fastball on an 0-2 count when a change or slider would make more sense. Following it usually gets me in trouble.

Try it with Jeff Mathis as your catcher and then get back to me.

• Like 2

I'm very superstitious during my franchise, I use auto fielding, auto base running, whatever the catcher calls for i throw. I let the full player ratings take effect to create a true sim. CPU base running won't be as aggressive as you, so i don't think advantage of it. Sounds boring, but creates a better sim play. Basically what ArmorAndSword does on OS.

I am doing March to October, liking it more this year than last year. So far 37-21 with the fish.

My next task in it is to complete a no-hitter with Alcantara starting in the 7th.

Well that no hitter is screwed. (Cause you mentioned it.)

I am doing March to October, liking it more this year than last year. So far 37-21 with the fish.

My next task in it is to complete a no-hitter with Alcantara starting in the 7th.

I tried to do March to October with the Marlins last year, but had to crank the difficult down twice, all the way to All-Star, just to squeak into the playoffs. and maybe it is a function of me getting better or maybe the mechanics of the game have gotten better, but I really think it's a testament to the current 2020 Marlins roster that I just reached the NLCS with the Marlins at Legend (max) difficulty.

And even though his ratings aren't amazing, I freaking love hitting with Corey Dickerson. Doubles City, y'all.

• Like 1

And even though his ratings aren't amazing, I freaking love hitting with Corey Dickerson. Doubles City, y'all.

Some players you just do well with. I hit really well with Tommy Pham for example. Nice quick swing.

I've started trying to focus on zones while hitting and it has improved my batting eye considerably in a very short amount of time. I take a lot of pitches until two strikes now. I'm doing the NL East showdown a second time so I can get enough vouchers to get the Brian Anderson face of the franchise card. Using this method and taking pitches, I was able to score five runs off of Scherzer (only needed four) in just nine batters.

I'll try and finish it up again tonight, doing three more missions and then the final showdown against deGrom. If I can succeed on those three missions, I'll have successfully taken the final showdown from a 15-0 deficit to 15-9 (best is 15-10, I was unsuccessful in one mission). 15-5 right now.

Showdown is a great way to try out some cards and get some stubs and experience points, really. Very very fun and challenging.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying March to October so far, the dynamic difficulty setting has really helped out. I'm excited to try Showdown but I want to wait until I can sit down and focus without distractions. M2O is way more suitable for short spurts between the kids the wife the in laws and working from home.

Final three missions and final showdown didn't take too long. Got the three missions done successfully and made it 15-9 so I had to score 7 runs to win the final showdown. Only needed 13 batters, scored 8 (walk-off grand slam with Acuna).

And I now have the Face of the Franchise Brian Anderson. That's good stuff.

• Like 1

Final three missions and final showdown didn't take too long. Got the three missions done successfully and made it 15-9 so I had to score 7 runs to win the final showdown. Only needed 13 batters, scored 8 (walk-off grand slam with Acuna).

And I now have the Face of the Franchise Brian Anderson. That's good stuff.

I just completed the NL East showdown but can’t figure out how to redeem the affinity cards

I just completed the NL East showdown but can’t figure out how to redeem the affinity cards

Go into Team Affinity, go to the team you want to use them in and go into Missions. "NL East Showdown Exchange" - You have to redeem one at a time so it's a little slow but that's alright.

Just destroyed the AL West showdown. By the time I got to the final showdown, I had 12 runs (you can actually have it tied by the final showdown if you sweep the missions now after the newest patch) and my lineup had Joey Gallo, Matt Olson, Yordan Alvarez, Mike Trout, Jeff Bagwell, and FOTF Shohei Ohtani. Only took me five batters to finish the final showdown against Verlander and I used the vouchers to push towards that FOTF Ohtani.

They've updated Showdowns even further, now you can get six vouchers per completion so 24 points total to wherever you want.

As a trade-off, there are less stub rewards which is totally fine.

Is the entry fee the same?