Samson said Marlins cheated too in 2003

Ema2R

Second, Samson said, no, those Marlins weren’t the Houston Astros before the Houston Astros, because he mentioned the Astros violated Major League Baseball rules by using technology combined with trash cans and maybe buzzers to cheat their way to the 2017 world championship.

So what the Marlins did 17 years ago was legal by MLB standards.

It still is.

“Just know that the year we won the World Series in 2003, the bench players, their entire role every game of the World Series, they had one job to do,” Samson told my students. “That was to steal the signs of the New York Yankees.”

I'll bet the Yankees bench players attempted to do the exact same thing.

Samson needs to just shut it already.

OK this line is laughable:

"Not only did the Marlins win that World Series as a wild card team after doing the same in 1997, but they did so in Game 6 at Yankee Stadium, where Bronx fans still haven’t recovered." They've won a title since then themselves, I'm sure they're fine.

And what a terribly short article.

• Like 1

I've defended Samson a bit because he was always nice and professional with me directly, but this is getting to be kind of ridiculous. His need for attention rivals some of my 6th graders at this point.

I didn't mind how he could sort of peel back the cover and reveal some "inside" info sometimes, but yeah, he's just throwing things out there for attention.