April 22, 20206 yr Deep in the stay inside order. With no baseball in sight. I saw this and thought, "I'm sure other people would love to talk about how awful the organization has treated us over the years". When the Padres fleeced the Marlins
April 23, 20206 yr They also just wrote about dismantling the 2017 outfield. Man I get it's a slow news time but c'mon.
April 23, 20206 yr They also just wrote about dismantling the 2017 outfield. Man I get it's a slow news time but c'mon. I saw that. Didn't even bother reading it. Like how many times do we need to go over that? It's literally brought up every time any one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna are mentioned.
April 23, 20206 yr I saw that. Didn't even bother reading it. Like how many times do we need to go over that? It's literally brought up every time any one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna are mentioned. Eh. It'll go away once the team starts being successful long term. So, fairly soon.
April 23, 20206 yr I watched the game where they clinched the 97 postseason berth and the post game analysis and interviews and celebration really stood out to me because there was zero inkling that this franchise would become such a punchline. Everyone was acting like that success would become the norm and like that ownership and front office could do no wrong. I guess that's commonplace for every winning team but just thinking about how drastically the narrative would flip just months later and continuing to present day was a little jarring.
April 23, 20206 yr I watched the game where they clinched the 97 postseason berth and the post game analysis and interviews and celebration really stood out to me because there was zero inkling that this franchise would become such a punchline. Everyone was acting like that success would become the norm and like that ownership and front office could do no wrong. I guess that's commonplace for every winning team but just thinking about how drastically the narrative would flip just months later and continuing to present day was a little jarring. I remember it differently back in '97. there were persistent rumors towards the latter half of that season that Huizenga was going to gut/sell the team and it was even one of the questions asked of him during the post-game WS sound bytes on the field by some female reporter (Sorry, don't remember who).
April 24, 20206 yr Eh. It'll go away once the team starts being successful long term. So, fairly soon. It'll take at least a decade of success before that happens. They'll find a way to bring it up. I watched the game where they clinched the 97 postseason berth and the post game analysis and interviews and celebration really stood out to me because there was zero inkling that this franchise would become such a punchline. Everyone was acting like that success would become the norm and like that ownership and front office could do no wrong. I guess that's commonplace for every winning team but just thinking about how drastically the narrative would flip just months later and continuing to present day was a little jarring. Too bad we'll never know what could have been.
April 24, 20206 yr It'll take at least a decade of success before that happens. They'll find a way to bring it up. "The Marlins win the World Series despite trading away the most talented team in baseball history."
April 25, 20206 yr You know looking back through the years especially these mid 20 teens years, the Marlins made some seriously shitty moves.
April 26, 20206 yr You know looking back through the years especially these mid 20 teens years, the Marlins made some seriously shitty moves. Yeah, we're aware. These websites won't let us forget it no matter what we do.
April 26, 20206 yr You know looking back through the years especially these mid 20 teens years, the Marlins made some seriously shitty moves. You don't say
April 26, 20206 yr You don't say I’m on the fore front of cutting edge news. You only get this type of breaking news with me.
April 26, 20206 yr GUYS. This news just broke on my Internet Explorer.......the Marlins traded STANTON, YELICH, AND OZUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm OUTRAGEDDDDDDDDDDD WTFFFF
April 26, 20206 yr I’m on the fore front of cutting edge news. You only get this type of breaking news with me. Can't blame you, it took Fangraphs like 3 years to do an elegy.
April 27, 20206 yr Author What is with mlbtraderumors. I get the marlins are a volatile team. And everyone has an opinion about them but man. I'm not sure there has ever been more articles written about them on a national website. Worse I feel like they are all rehashed articles that have happened before. April 22: The outfield trades April 25 morning: Ray's won the Anderson trade April 25 afternoon: Marlins Gambling away future Are they doing this for every organization? Or are they just especially obsessed with Jeter (maybe they are A-rod fans?). Not to mention two of those articles are rehashes, mind you in a negative tone, of two articles that fangraphs produced during the deadline. The florida trade The marlins declare their type Both articles emphasize the same ideas, manage to be less opinionated. And present the downsides of the moves overall. While at the same time presenting the idea in a reasonably structured argument. The author on fangraphs praises the Nick Anderson trade. Essentially saying it's exactly what everyone in both groups should be doing. Then in the second fangraphs article the author doesn't ridicule the marlins for taking risks. They acknowledge that the marlins strategy suggests a belief in development. And emphasizes that though not what he would think to do (he prefers the Daimondbacks method) understands that by stockpiling these kinds of individuals they increase there odds of success. MLBTradeRumors stick to stories about what might happen, let the other sites look back on what did happen.
April 28, 20206 yr They're doing it for some other teams too. They've talked about how the Padres have gotten guys and stuff too. They just have no normal content right now with everything shut down, so they're trying to write articles about something.
April 28, 20206 yr They're doing it for some other teams too. They've talked about how the Padres have gotten guys and stuff too. Are they trashing those teams, though?
April 29, 20206 yr Author They're doing it for some other teams too. They've talked about how the Padres have gotten guys and stuff too. They just have no normal content right now with everything shut down, so they're trying to write articles about something. I get that. I think all of the sports writing world is suffering. Some sites, like fangraphs, are looking for membership. I guess MLBTRADERUMORS is just producing content.
April 29, 20206 yr Are they trashing those teams, though? I don't know. Haven't cared enough to read the articles about rehashed trades.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.