April 6th Marlins vs Cardinals

Just now, Michael said:

How many seasons were you SirNotAFishFan then?

There were a lot of seasons, probably 2012-2019, when I didn’t have a lot of time to watch Marlins games, pretty much at all, I only actually watched on tv or the stadium a few games a year during those seasons and just had to follow along with the Marlins game recaps, highlights and box scores, so I wasn’t used to hearing the name Giancarlo Stanton from Rich and Tommy everyday like I had heard them say Mike.

Until last year, then I was able to watch a lot of games, but prior to that I think the last time I watched almost a full season, must have been around the ‘10-‘11 season, I think he was still Mike back then. 😂

2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

There were a lot of seasons, probably 2012-2019, when I didn’t have a lot of time to watch Marlins games, pretty much at all, I only actually watched on tv or the stadium a few games a year during those seasons and just had to follow along with the Marlins game recaps, highlights and box scores, so I wasn’t used to hearing the name Giancarlo Stanton from Rich and Tommy everyday like I had heard them say Mike.

Until last year, then I was able to watch a lot of games, but prior to that I think the last time I watched almost a full season, must have been around the ‘10-‘11 season, I think he was still Mike back then. 😂

Dang that's a long time to be unable to watch but glad to have you back in the fold! ❤️ 

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Sandy will just need to keep throwing up zeroes 

If Sandy is going to throw up, can he do it off camera? I'm eating.

• Like 1
Just now, Michael said:

Dang that's a long time to be unable to watch but glad to have you back in the fold! ❤️ 

Thanks!

Yeah, my first season as a Marlins fan began officially at the beginning of the ‘03 season, not after they won the WS, but at the very beginning of that year, actually my first Marlins game was in May of ‘03 a few days before they called up Dontrelle Willis.

Prior to that I was a Cardinals fan, but that was mainly because I was a young kid during the McGwire years and my family lived around the STL area during those seasons. Great time to be a baseball fan! And the Cardinals always have a special part of my memories as a kid learning about baseball, but since the beginning of ‘03 I’ve been a Marlins fan 100%. 😂

• Like 1
Just now, SonOfJack said:

This seems to be something that happens to you often

At this rate I might last only 20 minutes.

• Banana 1
Just now, Rydawg said:

Little off of the plate but I'll take it.  Sandy is on today. Hopefully he can go 7 today.

Alfaro with a good job framing on that one too, credit where it's due.