5/10 In the Desert on a Fish With No Name

Our opener, Ross Detwiler, is throwing.

It worked well last week. But why be more like Tampa who wins way more than we do basically every single year using smarter strategies? Better to stretch out relievers and mediocre starters so we can say we have “5 starting pitcherzzz.”

Edited by Erick

1 minute ago, Erick said:

Holloway’s always walked a ton of hitters, extending him to throw more innings isn’t exactly going to help.

His stuff is nice 1 time through the order.

Wish we more like the Rays.

I agree with your assessment of Holloway.  

I couldn't disagree with you more on the Ray's.  I hate their brand of baseball.  It's all numbers with them. 

I'd rather stop watching baseball altogether if I had to cheer for a team like the Ray's. 

Just now, Rydawg said:

I couldn't disagree with you more on the Ray's.  I hate their brand of baseball.  It's all numbers with them. 

I'd rather stop watching baseball altogether if I had to cheer for a team like the Ray's. 

It's all numbers with the Dodgers, Padres, Red Sox, Astros, A's, Yankees, etc etc etc ... that's the game now, man.

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

So you love Donnie?

Just now, Rydawg said:

They were in the World Series last year and are competitive basically every year in the AL East with payrolls lower than ours.

I wouldn’t mind winning more.

Just now, Erick said:

They were in the World Series last year and are competitive basically every year in the AL East with payrolls lower than ours.

I wouldn’t mind winning more.

Their payroll would be higher if Joe Frisaro was their beat writer.

• Haha 1