5/10 In the Desert on a Fish With No Name

2 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

so much for the so called pitching depth and there isn't a decent 4 and 5 SP. The team has to rely on experiments. I know Elieser and Sixto are injured but this is ridiculous 

I think Cabrera would be up in the big leagues but he’s out too. Not many teams have 5 great starting pitchers. 

Just now, Michael said:

It's all numbers with the Dodgers, Padres, Red Sox, Astros, A's, Yankees, etc etc etc ... that's the game now, man.

To an extent, yes.  But all of those teams have 5 starters and don't use an opener.  Baseball, like any sport, needs star power.  None closer relief pitchers don't have star power. No one goes to a baseball to see a starter or a a bunch of relief pitchers.

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

To an extent, yes.  But all of those teams have 5 starters and don't use an opener.  Baseball, like any sport, needs star power.  None closer relief pitchers don't have star power. No one goes to a baseball to see a starter or a a bunch of relief pitchers.

A's and Yanks have definitely used Openers, at the least. I feel ya, though.

Beyond Donnie this 2x per week bullpen game crap and a subpar bench and crap catching falls on the owners and Ang and their failure to see this during the off-season when just about any of us said those were areas that needed upgrading. They tried with Gio I guess but keep pushing when that doesn't work. Kinda weird when a team starts a season without an innings eater at the backend. At least for mid season trade value.

• Like 1