Fernando Tatis Jr. Fractures Wrist

Michael

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn, jokes aside, just read that the accident was in December and Tatis hasn't seen team doctors until now because of the lockout. Those are the stupidest parts of the lockout. That's just ridiculous.

Agreed completely.

I don't think medical-related interaction should be affected throughout a lockout.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Agreed completely.

I don't think medical-related interaction should be affected throughout a lockout.

I get how/why that's a thing but it's unrealistic and stupid, it's not like the doctors are talking to the player about contractual stuff or whatever might really be an issue between owners and players. Worst case scenario have some kind of third party who can be a witness to say "they only discussed the injury, no business talk took place." The way it is now is stubborn and hurts everyone on both sides of the lockout.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I get how/why that's a thing but it's unrealistic and stupid, it's not like the doctors are talking to the player about contractual stuff or whatever might really be an issue between owners and players. Worst case scenario have some kind of third party who can be a witness to say "they only discussed the injury, no business talk took place." The way it is now is stubborn and hurts everyone on both sides of the lockout.

it was part of the pure pettyness of the owners involved.

when the NHL had their lockout, they included a provision to allow players to continue to see team doctors and continue on with any rehab related issues.

MLB chose to not allow this.  

Why?

Cause they just wanted to be petty assholes.

That said, Tatis is a fucking moron. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

it was part of the pure pettyness of the owners involved.

when the NHL had their lockout, they included a provision to allow players to continue to see team doctors and continue on with any rehab related issues.

MLB chose to not allow this.  

Why?

Cause they just wanted to be petty assholes.

That said, Tatis is a fucking moron. 

There you go, glad to see that could be changed if they had the brains to do so.