Sixto to Undergo Another Shoulder Surgery - Expected to be ready by "Spring Training"

rmc523

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/09/sixto-sanchez-to-undergo-shoulder-surgery.html

Marlins righty Sixto Sanchez is set to undergo arthroscopic bursectomy surgery on his throwing shoulder on October 5th, Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald reports (via Twitter). Sanchez, currently Miami’s eleventh-ranked prospect according to MLB.com, is expected to be ready for Spring Training 2023.

I'm writing him off for all of next season and beyond.

I said after the original setback that I'm not counting on him for anything, and that continues to prove to be right.

it's going to be annoying when/if Sixto ever comes back and pitches in a big league game. We're going to hear about all the "adversity" he went through, and all about how "determined" he was to "never give up"

We're not going to hear about how he got injured picking up a Big Mac, or whatever the hell it was that happened with him. 

6 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

it's going to be annoying when/if Sixto ever comes back and pitches in a big league game. We're going to hear about all the "adversity" he went through, and all about how "determined" he was to "never give up"

We're not going to hear about how he got injured picking up a Big Mac, or whatever the hell it was that happened with him. 

And he'll be pitching for a different team and hurl a CG SO against us

Really not sure how this guy is still ranked so high on many prospect lists.  I assume that changes come this winter, cause holy fuck, at some point you have to actually produce results.  Its shit or get off the pot time, thankfully he will lose prospect status sometime in the next year or so.

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Really not sure how this guy is still ranked so high on many prospect lists.  I assume that changes come this winter, cause holy fuck, at some point you have to actually produce results.  Its shit or get off the pot time, thankfully he will lose prospect status sometime in the next year or so.

2034 prospects list

Marlins number 6 prospect, Sixto Sanchez, age 36, coming off his 31st shoulder surgery ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.