Offseason plans

hovertical

What are you gents and germs getting up to until the start of next season?

I honestly have no idea this year.  I literally can't stand watching either college or NFL football at all any longer so that's out of the question. My hockey team absolutely sucks so won't torture myself there either.  I might get into watching more NBA action perhaps - although I'm waiting for the inevitable injury to Zion to derail the Pels chances at anything significant.  In short, my teams suck and something awful always seems to happen to them. 

Anyhoo, I figure I'll get into some more audio/visual stuff and maybe tinker with learning a bit more about networking at home here.  I have a few raspberry pi projects in mind that may come to fruition. For Christmas I'm planning on getting the wife a nice telescope so we should have fun with that as well. 

On a less-fun side.  I really need to figure out some way to cut down on food costs.  We rarely eat out and always saved a ton by cooking at home but JFC inflation is murdering my wallet now so might have to revamp how we store, prep, and cook food. 

Sports-wise, I'll be watching the Panthers (NHL) and MLS playoffs as long as InterMiami is in it.

Otherwise, the normal stuff really.....getting ready for holidays and whatnot.  It's crazy that it's already this time of year again.

I'm looking forward to the cooler weather, though.

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Sports-wise, I'll be watching the Panthers (NHL) and MLS playoffs as long as InterMiami is in it.

Otherwise, the normal stuff really.....getting ready for holidays and whatnot.  It's crazy that it's already this time of year again.

I'm looking forward to the cooler weather, though.

I really do love the Thanksgiving-Christmas Day stretch of the year. I freaking love gift shopping for people. I almost make it a sport to see if I can out-do everyone else in terms of finding that perfect gift and keep a list of gift ideas throughout the year so it's easy come the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.  Then Christmas Day hits and I get depressed again until Baseball season starts where I experience joy for a month or so before I can no longer hold out hope of having a competitive team and become angry and irritable again until Thanksgiving 😃 

I do really love this board though. Ya'll are great people!

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

I really do love the Thanksgiving-Christmas Day stretch of the year. I freaking love gift shopping for people. I almost make it a sport to see if I can out-do everyone else in terms of finding that perfect gift and keep a list of gift ideas throughout the year so it's easy come the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.  Then Christmas Day hits and I get depressed again until Baseball season starts where I experience joy for a month or so before I can no longer hold out hope of having a competitive team and become angry and irritable again until Thanksgiving 😃 

I do really love this board though. Ya'll are great people!

Feel free to get me something!

I love decorating for Christmas.....I try to add some new lights every year.

I never know what to get anyone, though.  My family is one that if they want something, they'll just get it at the time, which makes it difficult to shop for them.

Edited by rmc523