February 2, 20242 yr 7 hours ago, pollythewog said: I’m confused how anyone here thinks otherwise and thinks the franchise stiffing him, not extending arraez, no QO Soler, isn’t a pattern It is all a part of them being cheap fucks.
February 2, 20242 yr 5 minutes ago, hovertical said: "When he plays" Very curious on your opinion on this Jazz question here. Not to deny that Bruce is being a cheap fuck over such little money and yes it would have been so much better if they just gave him what he asked for... but don't the Marlins have a case with Jazz over his inability to stay on the field?
February 2, 20242 yr 8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Very curious on your opinion on this Jazz question here. Not to deny that Bruce is being a cheap fuck over such little money and yes it would have been so much better if they just gave him what he asked for... but don't the Marlins have a case with Jazz over his inability to stay on the field? Why are you asking me lol Does my constant mocking of him not reflect my opinion accurately lol
February 2, 20242 yr 8 hours ago, pollythewog said: Look I’m hugely critical of jazz here but he’s also a great player to root for and I love him, I own his jersey. He’s one of the brightest spots this team had when he plays. I’m confused how anyone here thinks otherwise and thinks the franchise stiffing him, not extending arraez, no QO Soler, isn’t a pattern We can look at it purely from a numbers/performance standpoint separately from a "good will" standpoint. On paper, there are legit reasons he didn't deserve the figure he was trying to get.....and clearly the arb panel agreed with those on-paper reasons. Would it have been a good gesture to just give him the additional amount for a few reasons such as the CF switch, overall team morale, etc. - sure. But from purely a numbers standpoint, it's a valid approach. That said, I'd agree, they clearly have a pattern of being cheap and seem to have no intention of following through with their "spend when it's time" promise.
February 2, 20242 yr 31 minutes ago, rmc523 said: We can look at it purely from a numbers/performance standpoint separately from a "good will" standpoint. On paper, there are legit reasons he didn't deserve the figure he was trying to get.....and clearly the arb panel agreed with those on-paper reasons. Would it have been a good gesture to just give him the additional amount for a few reasons such as the CF switch, overall team morale, etc. - sure. But from purely a numbers standpoint, it's a valid approach. That said, I'd agree, they clearly have a pattern of being cheap and seem to have no intention of following through with their "spend when it's time" promise.
February 2, 20242 yr i honeslty don't care if Jazz got the extra money or not. the ONLY people that care are Jazz, Bruce, and all of us idiots on this board lol. I don't think he should get it because he hasn't improved his batting at all since coming over. he can be pitched to the same way as always, his weaknesses are still his weaknesses and all he's done is crow online about how great he is - but he can't stay on the field, hasn't really improved as a player, and well...that's about it. I'm not saying he's a bad player. I appreciate the fun and energy he can bring - but he talks a LOT more than his body of work should suggest. Acuna is a total pile of shit but that dude fucking hits the ball and can back up his boasts. Jazz seems to think he's at Acuna's level but is nowhere even close in reality. It's whatever really. No casual fan is going to be "oh we gave jazz some extra money! i'm going to some more games!" When Jazz breaks his vag again this year and is out for 40-60 games i'll be ready to move on. I'd 100% rather have Gallen back at this point - and I loved Jazz's game and that trade when he came over (but he's literally not improved at all AND can't stay on the field).
February 2, 20242 yr The Jazz Chisholm arb case is a bunch of so what in the end. If Jazz wants to use it as motivation to be a better player than good for him. He wont because he has never used anything negative said about him to make him a better overall player. Yes Bruce is cheap. But I don't really fault them for taking a hard line with him, because quite frankly he doesnt deserve more.. Sure its only what? 300k they went to battle on, but for a team as skinflint as this one, every dollar literally matters (because well we know why). But the more agregious issue will be if they let the Arraez case actually fucking happen. That is stupid. (and they will becasue they are cheap) Jazz still has time to improve himself, but he needs to be less concerned with the flashy things and far more concerned with the meat and potatoes things essentially. So we will see.
February 2, 20242 yr Author 1 hour ago, Das Texan said: If Jazz wants to use it as motivation to be a better player than good for him. Then*
February 2, 20242 yr Just now, Michael said: Then* Looks like @Das Texan will need an editor for his blog
February 2, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Das Texan said: he needs to be less concerned with the flashy things and far more concerned with the meat and potatoes things With milk?
February 2, 20242 yr Just now, SilverBullet said: egregious* I may need to re-think giving him a blog.
February 2, 20242 yr 31 minutes ago, Admin said: I may need to re-think giving him a blog. Like I wont run things through spell/grammar check on a legit blog.
February 2, 20242 yr 1 minute ago, Das Texan said: Like I wont run things through spell/grammar check on a legit blog. Where's your first entry? Just be like me. I write up the entry and then ask AI to edit it for me. I've found it does a decent job most of the time though I occasionally have to self-edit a little afterwards.
February 2, 20242 yr 13 minutes ago, Admin said: Where's your first entry? Just be like me. I write up the entry and then ask AI to edit it for me. I've found it does a decent job most of the time though I occasionally have to self-edit a little afterwards. You've been self-editing quite a bit down in the basement from what I've heard.
February 2, 20242 yr 1 minute ago, hovertical said: You've been self-editing quite a bit down in the basement from what I've heard. That wasn't me. That was this user JackSon or something I heard.
February 2, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Admin said: That wasn't me. That was this user JackSon or something I heard. Walls must be awful thin
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.