Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bakercolonelreb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bakercolonelreb

  1. I liken Emo to the Abercrombie crowd. Shell necklaces are worn because they like people to think they're surfers. Spiked hair to make people think they're badasses. The music is terrible. It's really whiny, but the main problem is the lack of musical talent. There are no guitar solos, no drum solos, no sick bass lines. I don't understand. Junior high kids could play the stuff, and their voices are still high enough where they could whine with it too.
  2. bakercolonelreb replied to BIG Z's topic in Off-Topic
    When I'm flipping through the channels and I see gay Date My Mom, I change the channel. When I'm flipping through the channels and I see heterosexual Date My Mom, I stop for a second laugh at the toolsack pieces of s*** on there, then change the channel.
  3. Florida Marlins- teal Flip Flops- rainbows Oakland A's- Billy Beane Airplane- movie Home Improvement- Tim Allen Wedge- Cheese American Eagle- s*** Star Wars- space Chicago Cubs- Derek Lee Backpack- hiking Admin- marlinbaseball.com Holly- quiz Montana- mountains Baseball Tonight- ESPN 1997- World Series
  4. That was actually very funny. It was well-written too. Lot's of subtle jokes amongst the obvious jokes...haha, hilarious
  5. Might I add....academics aren't on par with UF, but Oxford, MS is an insane college town. Feel free to drop by the Grove this fall. You won't want to leave. Wayyyy too many Southern Belle sorrority girls in their sundresses for you be able to leave.
  6. What schools are you seeing besides UF? 872372[/snapback] Atlanta (2 Nights) for Georgia Tech Tallahassee (1 Night) for Florida State 872481[/snapback] Wow, I'm pretty sure GT will NOT be a great college experience. Atlanta will be a great experience, but Georgia Tech is full of future engineers. What does that mean? That means 60% dudes. That sucks. That sucks a lot. Have fun hanging out with 20 year olds who drink coffee all day and study all night.
  7. because it's an interesting tidbit from around the world. I found it interesting for sure.
  8. TO wants a new contract in the middle of a new contract. Normal? No. Right? Probably not. But, I remember TO defending himself by saying that if a team can break a contract and cut someone, then he can break a contract and get a new one. I dont know.
  9. bakercolonelreb replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    One fact: Warren Haynes' song "Patchwork Quilt" was written about Jerry Garcia after he died. Possible fact/Possible rumor: The harmonica in "Rosa Parks" by Outkast is played by the pastor of Andre 3000's childhood church.
  10. I just wanted to know where people get off proclaiming that what someone says is "proper English" is the absolute proper English? So, because some authority says that the phrase "I done washed my clothes" is improper English it MUST be improper? I know a handful of English professors who will say that such phrase is NOT improper, it is a dialect. Thus, ebonics is "proper English".
  11. The bullpen is defined as Keep up on all the latest in news, politics, and interesting bits from around the world. This article is from a reputable newspaper and the other I posted was from the Washington Post. The Bull Pen is a place for news, these are news articles, and I posted them in their correct places. Instead of moderating me, if you think I have violated a rule, complain to Admin or another mod. Ive done nothing wrong and they will tell you the same. Good day! 859372[/snapback] He's got a point. Sorry toots.
  12. ahhh, accidentally typed the W before the H. That's how we dun talk down hurr in Miss-ippi. haha
  13. Who is it different? Ebonics is a DIALECT of english. Sicilian is a dialect of Italian.
  14. I think that's the main idea to gain from this Sandro. It wouldn't hurt to try. At best it helps. At worst, nothing changes.
  15. because i had a burger for breakfast this morning.
  16. like f_m, I don't think they're teaching it as a foreign language. I believe they're trying to use it to get across to students. I don't know where you being an educator validates your opinion anymore, either. I'm educatED, I don't see a problem with it. Hell, it isn't making them dumber. It's just a way of getting them to learn the material. If it works, then good for California!
  17. I'm done arguing with someone. You can only argue with someone ignorant to minorities for so long. Not everyone had the pleasure of speaking normal English from an early age.
  18. YOU don't understand that you aren't in the situation as a Black American. They don't grow up going "man, I'd love to just say "aks" instead of "ask" b/c it pisses whitefolk off.
  19. Two claps on the back for you. You speak with the exact same grammar and vocabulary amongst friends that you would to a 5 year old kid, or two your boss. Now, excuse me whilst I raise my voice in a loud cry of "bulls***!"
  20. Ebonics is hardly a recognized or respected "dialect".? Actually, it is; and the proper name for it is African American Vernacular English (AAVE). You may want to read up on it before spouting anymore crap on a topic that you obviously know nothing about. :thumbup 867459[/snapback] Yeah, so it has a name that is politically correct. Big deal. Still not impressed. 867478[/snapback] If my goal were to impress you, I'd be disappointed. Thanks for missing the point, though. 867486[/snapback] I didn't miss the point. I understand what you are saying, but the whole point of why I posted here originally was to encourage people to learn to speak in a more professional manner to help them succeed. 867496[/snapback] How about speaking in a professional manner WHEN IN A PROFESSIONAL SETTING.
  21. I can take such African Americans who are well respected in their community such as Jesse Jackson. I hear talk of Bill Cosby. I can sense a taste of ebonics in his language! I can look at Malcom X, I can look at athletes (ones who have college degrees!). btw, I know Southerners who don't speak with Southern accents. I guess we should eliminate the Southern accent. It has a connotation with ignorance.
  22. sounds like every other American. I also speak different amongst my friends than when I speak to a friend's mom. I don't call my friend "sir", but I call his father "sir". I don't use foul language around his parents as well. "sounds like an identity crisis"? More like, you've been proven wrong on a subject you know nothing about (you practically admitted to knowing nothing of ebonics--AAVE). You can argue all you want, but your points are being proven wrong THROUGH EXAMPLES repetitively. Give me some educated points please! Read up on AAVE. Study it. Do like any educated human being would do.
  23. I'm supposed to impress people with my language? Maybe in a professional setting...but I'm not talking about a professional setting. I'm talking about normal conversation. I don't speak AAVE, but I sure speak to my friends much different than when I speak to my professors. No?
  24. *still waiting for links*
  25. "I be 22 years old and Ima gonna be a good worker here at SBC." 867433[/snapback] That sounds like an Italian plummer man. 867449[/snapback] LOL. I wasn't really going for anything specific. I just blended different themes to make one conglomeration of incoherent speech. 867460[/snapback] and if someone said "I be 22 years old and Ima gonna be a good worker here at SBC" I'd have no problem understanding him. None whatsoever. It would take a completely ignorant fool to not understand him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.