Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bakercolonelreb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bakercolonelreb

  1. I don't know why people love parity. I mean, the NFL has like 25 8-8 teams (exageration) every year, and it makes it ridiculously tough to create a dynasty. It makes what the Patriots have been doing extremely impressive. Personally, I love when leagues have dynasties. Every fan loves to either a) cheer on a winner, or b) hate a winner. In NFL, it's hard to find teams to hate. I mean, it USED to be where an NFL fan could hate the Cowboys. Then this parity crap starting coming up, and now a team can go 13-3 one year, and 4-12 the next season. That's no fun. What I love about the MLB "system" is that I can sit back and know that I can hate the Yankees every year. It's tough to hate a perennial .500 team that spends about the same as every other team. It's a lot easier to hate a team that spends 8 billion dollars (another exageration). It's also easier to root for underdogs when....there are actually underdogs. Teams like Nationals come from nowhere. The Marlins of 03. Teams that use chemistry, small ball, etc. defeat "evil empires". I love the fact that I can sit back and continually hate the same teams year in and year out, instead of having to hate the Packers one year, the Ravens the next, the Patriots the next, etc.
  2. Nothing wrong with dating someone, realizing it isn't meant to be, and moving on. I don't know Brad Penny personally, nor do I know Alyssa Milano. So I can't say that either one is too good for the other. For all I know, they're both normal people like you and I, except one throws some serious heat from the mound, and the other is extremely hot and is an actress.
  3. I just hope he's happy and that he's not expecting much from her because.... yea.... 854665[/snapback] Why do you say that? You know her? :confused
  4. "He has miles and miles to go in understanding what the National Football League tempo is like That sounds like a problem. "Miles and miles to go" does not sound like instant success. Then again, I don't know if you meant that he was going to be Rookie of the Year or turn out to be the best player from this draft eventually.
  5. ARod says hes playing for the DR... has he ever been to the Dominican? 853919[/snapback] He does have Dual Citizenship to the DR and USA and announced during the All-Star week that he would be playing for the Domican team 854076[/snapback] ok, well it isn't as bad as I originally thought. Fortunately, I prefaced my statement by asking aloud if he had dual citizenship.
  6. thank you for furthering my point 853817[/snapback] Theres certain things that aren't worth arguing, and this is one of them. There is some type of elitist movement to discredit the south and Southerners in general. They paint the south to be an area of uneducated, racist, religious fanatics. The sad part is most of these elitists know nothing about any of the southern states or their histories. 853876[/snapback] true. Sorry about the interruption. Back to talk ove Canada and Toyota.
  7. is ARod a Dominican citizen? Does he have dual citizenship? If he doesn't, than that is sad. I mean, he might as well just pick a country to play for. (If he's never been a dominican citizen) Arod has no ties to the DR. None. His parents might, but he does not. That's like me claiming to be from Alabama because my mom was. I've never lived there, therefore I cannot be considered an Alabamian.
  8. you can play for any country you have ties to 853770[/snapback] Sooooo, I bet there are gonna be some sick teams for African countries. And I bet Spain puts together a nasty team too, since most hispanics can trace at least some Spanish decent (even if it was just one conquistador). My picks for top teams: England, Germany, Spain, a variety of West African countries.
  9. Cordero is Mexican.(I believe) ARod is Dominican. Yes, I know they are not born there, but they still should/will play for their native country. 853698[/snapback] shouldn't it be what their citizenship is? I mean, my "native country" is England. If I was a major league baseball allstar, I wouldn't try playing on an England team. If so, I bet Europe would have some pretty sick teams. The American team would be pretty empty.
  10. That is true. It's the truest sense of the word prejudice. Prejudice...aka prejudging. Which is what people do all the time to states such as Mississippi. People sh*t their pants if someone makes an openly prejudice comment about black folk, but if someone makes a prejudice remark about a Mississippi citizen, then it's followed with a :lol . Interesting.
  11. Mav, inside the park homeruns don't count 851980[/snapback] yes, because if you watch Ichiro take BP he hits tons of inside the park homeruns. :plain think first. :banghead I hear he bombs em in BP...i've never seen it live, but that's what I hear.
  12. BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK Most annoying home run call OF ALL TIME. 852347[/snapback] Yes! Pretty much anything Chris Berman says, including "...that one is out to (insert local town in state's name here)!" I want to beat him with what's left of his hair. 852450[/snapback] i.e. last nite. "That one's out to East Lansing!"
  13. By the way I think you lack empathy to an extreme degree. You do whatever Limbaugh and President tells you. We go in there and bomb, destroy, and disorder an entire country in order to get the WMDs, oops, I mean spread our freedoms and ideals. That took a lot of balls. We are there. Now because the majority of the American public thinks (1) Iraq is making us less safe and (2) they fear for the lives of American troops, you are ready yet again to bahbahbahbah the Limbaugh (aka Bush) line. You've been had. Bamboozled. And you have no clue. Have empathy. Place yourself in an ordinary Iraqi's shoes. I know it's difficult. We have an opportunity to keep the s*** from hitting the fan. Don't support withdrawal. I don't hate George Bush, nor do I hate Republicans or conservatives. They have just as much right as any to voice concerns and opinions. Many of them have good ideas and many of them I respect. If anything, I'd say YOU hate liberals and would rather not have to deal with them or hear their side. That saddens me. 852395[/snapback] I consider myself a conservative, and I don't really like to get involved with politics too often. That being said, I'd just like to say: Well put, Shamrock. Well put.
  14. someone missed my Big Lebowski reference
  15. what about an American team?
  16. I hate this phrase used in baseball chatter: "whatdaya say kid!" He doesn't say a damn thing, he's up to bat. Another one is this: "good eye". That may be so in the majors, but in Little League, "good eye" simply means "alright, you got lucky...you aren't going to swing the bat anyway, so maybe you can get a walk".
  17. Well, it isn't like he's going to be up for reelection in 2008.
  18. well it was Alabama and Mississippi they were talking about.... I mean they really don't even have schools down there yet, do they? :shifty 849093[/snapback] Interestingly enough, I believe Nissan has a plant in Mississippi (thus throwing out the schools idea). To further prove my point (of disproving your education remark), Smyrna, TN has a Nissan plant. Tennessee isn't high on the list in education. Spartanburg, SC has a BMW plant. Once again, all three of these states have low scores in education, yet all can handle automobile plants.
  19. How exactly should I get myself prepared for the draft? Pushups?
  20. Is "chinaman" the preferred nomenclature?
  21. Calouses (easier for a batter to build calouses than pitchers, because the blisters appear on different parts of the hand)
  22. from that durtay durtay 7-1-3 :plain actually, I like his music. I like the "screwed" parts of his (and lil flip, chamillionaire, etc.) songs. Although I don't like the whole song to be chopped and screwed (i.e. T.I.'s Urban Legend). I guess since I'm not too far from Texas, I've had an affinity for Houston rappers (along with Memphis of course).
  23. I dont understand what's so funny? People don't throw the frisbee? Throwing the frisbee is probably a favorite pasttime of mine. Great way to get some exercise (running down the frisbee) and get some sun. I guess it's not as fun as Halo 2 or whatever anymore....sad

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.