Everything posted by knglover
-
Pirates President Frank Coonelly
I believe that it probably was said after a few drinks and taken out of context. This statement reeks of jealousy based on who said it and the audience it was said to. If it was a financial powerhouse of a team (Yankees, Red Sox, etc.) that said it, I would give it more weight. I am guessing that strikes Alvarez off the list now.
-
Did we win or did we lose in the trades so far? Put your neck on the line.
We're trying to win next year. Can people stop mentioning Bour as a possibility? That would be a loser move. I agree 100%! My thoughts on him are if he was good enough to be a starter, then why did we have to sign Jones to a two year contract last year? I trust the evaluators in the FO a lot more than some.e of you guys and that's obviously justified.
-
Winter Meetings 2014
Isn't Squall's sperm considered a PE No way you wouldn't have elevated levels of testosterone and lowered levels of estrogen from a Squall Special Protein Shake? Like how I capitalized that? I just Copyrighted that BITCHES! SUCK IT!
-
Winter Meetings 2014
I am actually starting to realize that the Morneau thing probably isnt going to happen and with that said I am kind of interested in the Pedro Alvarez possibilty. The guy has never had a high BA but he has amazing power and I have a belief that Butler is good at his job and might raise that BA 20 points or so.
-
Winter Meetings 2014
I was wondering if anyone was keeping track of payroll? Can we even "afford" 1b like Morneau's salary?
-
Marlins Acquire Mat Latos
I only trust Steamers from Cleveland.
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
I know I'm late to the party, but I believe the marlins get 10 million whether Haren plays for the Marlins, The Angels or is the designated pitcher at the park on Sundays. The marlins essentially traded pieces for Dee Gordon and 10 million, and Dan Haren's rights. They should trade Haren, keep the 10 million and use it on someone who wants to be in Miami. I think that's ultimately whats going to happen if Haren wants to play. I am guessing he never puts on a Miami uniform and if he does want to play it's with someone else. Pretty slick move by the Marlins if they do reinvest the money. If not, it's pretty slimey.
-
Marlins Acquire Mat Latos
This signing is too mysterious to be Shields. If he was close to signing anywhere there'd be a swarm of reports on it. Yeah I agree after seeing this.
-
Marlins Acquire Mat Latos
It's Peavy I think Gut or Intel?
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
After sleeping on it (which I think a lot of you should have done), this is going to turn out to be a good deal. The people suggesting that we should have just done the Kendrick/Heaney deal; that would have been impossible because the had Miami on his no trade list. Also that trade was a REAL gross overpay by the Dodgers and they know it. That is the only way you can make a trade between the two L.A. teams. Even if Gordon turns out to be slightly above average, I would rather have him than Kendrick for one season. I am also believing the pitcher is Shields or Peavy. Why else would they want to not announce it in the middle of the night?
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
Uhhh... foreshadowing? lol Wonder who we get in the 2016 post world series win firesale?
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
Heyman and Rosenthal just said on mlb network that the Marlins are instant contenders if they acquire a power lefty hitter. Morneau anyone?
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
Why would we want Freese? Why would we want Haren knowing he doesn't want us.
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
On a lighter note I love this tweet Tom Koehler ✔ @TKREFRESH22 Can't wait to race @FlashGJr in spring training. I hear he is fast. #SpeedKills
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
That the Dodgers are paying his salary. So in theory, if we spin him off to the Angels, he'd be more valuable since he'd cost them nothing. Then again they don't care about money I like my idea even more now . Dumping Freese clears 7-8million from payroll for them and they get a free pitcher to take Richards place til he is healthy. They then have $$ to sign Headley. Just saying. I think it makes too much sense for all involved parties.
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
I'm telling you guys, don't sleep on a flip to the Angels for Freese. They could then swoop in and sign headly afterwards. They have done crazier things.
-
Marlins Acquire Dee Gordon for Andrew Heaney
So Haren will retire if he isn't on an L.A. team. Gammons said there may be a third team involved. Perhaps we flip him to the Angels for Freese?
-
Winter Meetings 2014
Hill's quote (Only words of substance) from the Herald has me thinking that there might be something out there that no one has even speculated and naturally makes me want to speculate even more. His comments lead me to believe that it will be an impact player of "woah" stature if it happens. I am looking at first basemen on teams that don't honestly have a chance in the next season or two that can afford to eat some of a big contract. I keep coming back to Texas and Cincinnati. Imagine for second if we offered Eovaldi, Heaney, one or two low level prospects for Votto and cash. The cash amount coming back is whats important. He is owed 206 million through 2023. Let's say that Cinn eats half of that contract (wishful thinking) and I think they might to get out from it we would have Votto on an 8yr/103M contract. That is a bargain to me. But I am not really sure Cin has the funds to eat that much money. Then look at the other team I mentioned in Texas. Prince Fielder is owed 144 million over the next 6 years. 30 million is being paid by Det. If we offered Eovaldi, Heaney, one or two low level prospects for Fielder and 30 million more paid from TX and a Middle IF. That would essentially make Prince's deal a 6yrs/84M. I would do this in a second especially if Mia can get a 2B too. I know you guys are probably going to rip me about my numbers and the injury history of both guys but I have to believe that if you can get either of these guys at these numbers it might work out. What do you all think?
-
Winter Meetings 2014
Lester is starting to piss me off! He deserves to take his time but damn you know everyone else is waiting on your country ass.
-
Winter Meetings 2014
Moss isn't the clubhouse leader this team need to turn the corner and go out there every day to play to win and to hustle with a winning attitude. In all seriousness, what are your sources saying?
-
Rob Brantly claimed by White Sox
Has there every been another team that has completely and utterly owned the other in trades as bad the tigers have owned the fish? The Tigers should really give Beinfest a job Yankees/Red Sox 1920
-
Rob Brantly claimed by White Sox
Well it was about time for Brantley to become a Superstar and this pave the way for it to happen.
-
2b
Btw, I had a dream last night that we traded eovaldi, Heaney, and cishek for tulowitski. Not sure how I felt about it when I woke up. I know it would have taken more but whatever.
-
Winter Meetings 2014
It's funny because I do have a source, but since you fucks are dicks I'm not sharing anymore real info anymore. What happened to you? You used to be such a good lil sport. I kid because I love you brother.
-
Winter Meetings 2014
Maybe Beane really wanted that dude. Expert analysis We should ask Squall. Doesn't he have a source that lives in a pimple on Billy's ass?