Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Fine, he is overrated, but he's also a great player, so occasionally, the hype fits. And Edmonds is definetly overrated. When my friend's and I went to the game on saturday, every catch he made we said "Web Gem!". The guy has bad range, so he has to dive for balls that most guys would get to. Same as Griffey now.
  2. They were talking about how they knew it was going to be tough for Dontrelle this year, but they assumed it would be lack of run support but instead Dontrelle is "not valuable" and he has done himself in these past few games. Have they not even WATCHED these games? They just look at the box score which is incredibly deceiving. Is this the same show where one of their "Analysts" said Jon Papelbon would be his number one pick in all of baseball? Ok. :thumbdown If it wasn't the only baseball show on tv, I wouldn't watch it.
  3. That being said, Bush is unfortunately a big government republican (remember the days when that didn't exist) who needs to allow some of his tax cuts to be repealed, quit this constitutional amendment declaring some people inferior bs, etc. He's not a republican. He's a republican about gay marriage and god and that is it. Any real conservative or republican should be disgusted with him and his presidency.
  4. The last 5 years or so has been like living in this constant nightmare that just seems to get more and more unbelievable by the day. Yeah, being able to take home more of your paycheck and keep more of your hard earned money is such a horrible thing! Yeah, but at what cost? I mean, yeah it's great to have that extra 2% of your paycheck, but there are just so many social programs being cut that I can't really see how it's justified. I love when republicans criticize those damn, dirty "tax and spend" liberals, and then turn around and become "Cut and spend". Let's face it, the only thing conservative about the modern republican party is their style of clothing. The sad thing about that is, the majority of Republican voters never even consider that. :o Well, the reason's the republicans I personally know have given me are these: Homosexual marriage Terrorism Bill and Hillary and of course Democrats raising taxes.
  5. The last 5 years or so has been like living in this constant nightmare that just seems to get more and more unbelievable by the day. Yeah, being able to take home more of your paycheck and keep more of your hard earned money is such a horrible thing! Yeah, but at what cost? I mean, yeah it's great to have that extra 2% of your paycheck, but there are just so many social programs being cut that I can't really see how it's justified. I love when republicans criticize those damn, dirty "tax and spend" liberals, and then turn around and become "Cut and spend". Let's face it, the only thing conservative about the modern republican party is their style of clothing.
  6. Maybe Olsen or Vargas and somebody else. Maybe Anibel Sanchez?
  7. It's obvious he was joking, hell the article even stated "Bush said, laughing." You guys really need to stop taking things so literally. I blocked out that part, because even thinking about Bush laughing makes me feel ill. The guy has the world's worst laugh... "Uheh heh. Uheh heh"
  8. Vince is overrated. He's not efficient offensively (only shot 43% from the field in the regular season) and is a mediocre shooter from 3-point range, yet takes five 3's a game. He's a good player, but there are a number of players I'd take over him. He's the best player on any poster or trading card in the league.
  9. It doesn't matter. Team chemistry is overrated in baseball. This isn't Major League. nobody is going to throw any games.
  10. ya so the british were kind enough to give the jews a homeland. how noble of them. my point still remains that you cannot compare texas which won her independence and israel which relied on the charity of another nation. Texas won it's independence with the help of American forces flooding into the land and helping the Texans kick Mexico out. The Texan Republic was in name only. The only reason Texas became independent was because people from other parts of America went in and wanted protection and statehood in the land, so they began a war. It sounds to me like you just have an unexplainable hatred for Israel.
  11. I'll add Adrian Beltre.
  12. What I don't understand is why he would do this to the few loyal season ticket holders he did have ? This surely is not the best way to do business. Even if the Marlins do get a stadium in So Fla, does anyone think that people will just flock to the new ballpark ? I think its gonna be a tougher sell than he thinks. Are you really that thick? Come on, he didn't do this because he thought it woudl help them sell tickets. He did it because the money they'd get from revenue sharing and whatnot covers the salary, and the ticket sales are just gravy. And yes, the fans will flock to a new stadium. They always do.
  13. Well, so much for that.
  14. Then why is there no lapse at the plate? Please stop watching if you can't stand it. Cabrera has a far better arm than Lowell. Cabrera has more range than Lowell does. Cabrera is still learning the intricacies of third base in regards to his new partners on the infield. I doubt Cabrera has better range than Lowell, as Cabrera is just as slow as him.
  15. Yeah, I'm all for sabermetrics, but this year, Cabrera is nowhere near Lowell was last year. Maybe in the month he played in 03 he was, but he hasn't been so far. I mean, one thing I miss about Lowell that really annoys me with Cabrera is Lowell would have barehanded that slow roller in the 2nd today and made the throw.
  16. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Patton Saving Private Ryan Glory Behind Enemy Lines Black Hawk Down Platoon Braveheart In that order. .....
  17. And another error that costs a run...
  18. I agree absolutely that Girardi needed to get up and kick some dirt around after that miserable call at second base last night. But this business about showing emotion or enthuriasm in his face....huh?.....when was the last time you saw Joe Torre in the dugout. Torre loks like he's at a funeral. I was at the game, I don't even remember that play.
  19. I don't remember him ever being good.
  20. His defense is terrible. It makes me hurt just watching him.
  21. I'm really impressed with how he has been taking walks lately. Sign of maturity.
  22. i like that idea... cabs probably wouldnt I'm kind of sick of Cabrera at third. It's painful.
  23. Without Baseball Info Solutions data, I don't know, but I assume it's a combination of all. Cabrera hasn't been so hot either. Why does Cabrera have to double clutch every single ball? It annoys me that plays are much closer than they should be.
  24. Not a problem, I respect you for apologizing. I never said he deserves to be shot, I was merely trying to imply that he was not above the law just because he is a politician and if a regular citizen cannot obtain a permit even if they have a legitimate reason, then neither should he. He can rely on 911 just like every other citizen that is in trouble if he feels so strongly about his ineffective and unconstitutional gun control laws. I just think the "He made his bed let him lie in it" does come off as you are saying if he's afraid someone's going to try to kill him, it's his problem. That sort of sounds like you are saying if it happens, it's his fault. I think if he feels his life is in danger, and (big if) there is a loophole in the law that says if you feel you are in danger you can carry one, then I don't think it's a problem.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.