Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Bullpen is the most unpredictable thing in the game, since they pitch so inconsistently. Beside Scot Sheilds and Mariano Rivera, name me 3 relievers who are dominant year in and year out. You can't. Relievers are a crapshoot at best, i.e. Todd Jones and Armando Benitez.
  2. We have won 1 series all year!! Quit saying we should win a series. We are this worst team in MLB. We'll be good in 08 and 09. Maybe and maybe not -- who says he keeps Uggla, Ramirez or Willingham ? They may make more than the minimum by then and be traded away. In 2 years? They won't even be arbitration eligible.
  3. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I'm kind of of the mind that this isn't true. The reports are supposedly from expatriates. Are there no reporters on the ground in Iran? I suppose it's not surprising if they don't have access to parliament.
  4. According to Bill Bryson's arresting work on the english language Mother Tongue, there was a major movement in the early days of the United States among a few major politicians and many other revolutionaries to have a National language included in the Constitution. This language was, naturally, German. If the founding father's had intended us to have a national language, we would have one. I think it does spit in the face of the constitution to arbitrarily make this decision.
  5. This poster sucks :thumbdown I guess y'all know better but I am just afraid of a wasted year if we don't get someone drafted that can play for us. Look at Allison -- couldn't we have had Conor Jackson instead ? Why is this organization so reluctant to pick a fielding position as opposed to all those pitchers ? You can have all the pitching you want if you don't score runs they won't win. Our hitting has been solid this year. Our pitching is terrible. Or can you not see past your irrational hatred of Loria and see the truth of the matter? What did the White Sox have last year that helped them win? Great pitching. Hmmm...
  6. One of the things that I hate about the democrats they cater to illegals more then they do their own citizens often. Oh, come on. That's ridiculous.
  7. Maybe try J-Will at first?
  8. Have we seen any explanation as to why Vargas went from a solid, above average rookie pitcher to a terrible sophomore? Besides "Walks". Any change in mechanics?
  9. Culpepper is 5th. As far as Mike Vick is concerned, he shouldn't be a quarterback in the NFL. He's got a canon, but his accuracy is just terrible, and he doesn't come close to making good decisions.
  10. I think in the late 90's nothing topped Knicks v. Heat, but I think the Heat and Pistons could get a pretty good rivalry going if they both make it again and we see some sparks.
  11. I remember that. I was seven, and I distinctly remember lying down on the floor watching my first no hitter. I'll always have a place in my heart for Al.
  12. Most of the time the arguements are waged by closed minded people. This thread has mostly been fought by them. I'd say expecting any thing buy closeminded ness from a thread entitled "Top 13 Democratic Lies" is a bit much.
  13. He's a quality player, and I think he should be in the hall. He's been great for a decade.
  14. Stephen A. Smith That necktie guy from Crossfire. Tucker Carlson Bill O'Reilley Colmes Katie Couric
  15. This could convince me to buy a Wii. Especially if they do get Sonic on there. That'd clinch it. Online I can call it the Wii, but in person, I have to say Revolution. Wii sounds too dumb. When I went to Gamestop the other day, the guy had asked me if I wanted to reserve anything right away. I told him no but what was waiting to see how the Revolution would turn out. Surprisenly he had came back and said its no longer called Revolution, but called Wii. I think after that and talking with the guy for a minute or two, I've gotten over my hesitation to call it Wii out on the public. Yeah, but it just sounds so goofy, especially if you are talking to somebody who hasn't heard of the name change. Either way, this news, plus Mario Galaxies makes it look like my dorm will be decked out with a Wii on the hi-def.
  16. bobbob1313 replied to El Guapo's topic in Sports
    Best movie ever, I says.
  17. This could convince me to buy a Wii. Especially if they do get Sonic on there. That'd clinch it. Online I can call it the Wii, but in person, I have to say Revolution. Wii sounds too dumb.
  18. Waoh, wait a minute. We had Jeff Conine?
  19. You r 100% right about Ruth maybe u r right about the white sox lineup lets watch the upcoming months and see how they holdup It won't matter. They will win with pitching, just like last year. Even when these player's cool off and revert to their norms, they'll keep winning.
  20. The market for baseball is small. Hence: Small market. I disagree with that characterization as well. This is potentially a very large market with the right ownership that has vision, a new stadium and competitive team. When we were winning, it would be impossible to say this ownership didn't have vision. They made all of the right moves, and people still didn't come out.
  21. I like ur commentary bobob but you have boxed yourself in the corner with an unfair premise...homers....remember that was the deadball era... Ruth had 60 dingers and Gehrig had 47 (unheard of in those days) after that you had Lazzeri with 18 other than those 3 no other player had double digits homers. What made them murderors row was anyone in the whole lineup was considered deadly threat offensively http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlib...1927yankees.stm Ruth alone had more home runs than all but 3 teams in the league. That means for this to be comparable, Thome would have to hit about 200 homers on his own. They hit almost 1/3 of the total homers in the AL that year. The White Sox would have to hit 800 homers as a team. I don't think anyone considers Pierzinksky a real threat, despite his hot start. I think they'll be lucky to have 3 guys over 30 homers and 3 guys over .300 by season's end, as Thome and Konerko are pretty much the only one's who have a history of being great hitters.
  22. I did qualify that it was early in the season!...booyah22 defend your comment that the ChiSox are not in the top 5 this season. Show your body of evidence... in comparison which 5 lineups are outperformining the white sox? I love the Tribe I go to ST at Winter Haven all the time but even if they have the highest batting average offense is better distributed in white sox's lineup. I am just saying keep an eye on that team they are hitting and hitting and hitting. They look like they may be very special This is one of the most idiotic things I have read. Come on. Yes, those numbers are certainly impressive, but its early in the season. Crede is one of the most streaky players in the game and I bet his avg with even out around .250 or so. I wouldn't even put this in the top 5 lineups THIS season alone. BTW I gave empirical evidence not unsubstaciated subjective impressions like you did booyah22 which is an idiot's approach to an argument...That means in your 6th grade literacy level I presented numbers and didn't just talk out of the side of my neck like you did That can be a pretty potent lineup, but those guys are almost all hitting over their career averages by a lot. If you had said one of the better hitting teams in the league to this point, it'd be ok, but to compare them to Murderers Row is idiotic. Thome is on pace for 70 homers and Konerko is on pace for 35. That's not murderer's row. It's spectacular for sure, but not one of the greatest lineups ever. While we're on the subject of the Sox, can we all agree they benefitted more from timely homers than any amount of "small ball" last year?
  23. MW is 6.45 in Florida. Doesn't seem to be hurting too many people.
  24. bobbob1313 replied to El Guapo's topic in Sports
    The Babe outhomered most of the other teams in the league. That'd be sorta like hitting 150 HR's today I would think. He was amazing for doing what he did in an era when homers weren't that common, and his fame will never be matched by A-Rod, Pujols, or Bonds put together. Seriously, does anyone know a person who hasn't heard of Babe Ruth? Smalls didn't really know about him. but he pretended he did so the other kids would like him.
  25. I do definetly agree with most everything, including the bit about the 2 party system being broken.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.