Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Malman

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Malman

  1. HanRam! :plaindance
  2. mueller down on strikes, sandy alomar jr up...he is still playing...no sh*t alomar flies out to abercrombie...marlins comin up...ouch malman...low blow...being that i started the thread and was doin play by play for everyone...how about a hip hip hurray for james(me)!!! Just kidding James... Keep up the play-by-play as you are ahead of Gameday anyway!!! :thumbup
  3. I had to work up my own URL since it's not on MLB.com as far as I can see....but here ya go. Marlins @ Dodgers GameDay Link Great job Stag...thanks! Never send a boy44 to do a man's job... :notworthy
  4. It is on the radio. WQAM Doesn't help me at work... :hat
  5. Anyone have a gameday link??? :mischief2
  6. Why is it that the US only has three starters in the first place? Seemed kind of odd to me when I first saw the rosters. Are the other teams loaded with relievers as well? I'd give the ball to Beckett - that guy knows how to win a big game.
  7. Interesting option. Didn't he go to the U? Also, I thought it was Tomas not Timo...
  8. Malman posted a topic in Sports
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a billionaire owner??? :confused Wang, Reckson nab Nassau Coliseum deal by MONTE R. YOUNG STAFF WRITER March 16, 2006 Nassau County Executive Thomas Suozzi has named the team of billionaire businessman Charles Wang and Reckson Associates to renovate the aging Nassau Coliseum and develop the surrounding 77 acres of prime county land. Suozzi will formally announce the $1.6-billion deal with Wang, owner of the Islanders, at a news conference today in Mineola, according to sources close to Suozzi. Last month, the county narrowed the candidates for the development to two: Wang's and Reckson Associates' Lighthouse Group vs. the New York Mets Development Corp. and Sterling Equities, with partner Blumenfeld Development Group. 'We are thrilled' "We got a call from county officials that our proposal had been accepted and we are thrilled," said Reckson Associates chief Scott Rechler, in a call from Australia, where he is on a business trip. Rechler said the development of the hub area has been talked about for decades, but "This is the most momentum I've seen with public support for what the hub area can be. It's becoming a reality." The decision comes after months of intense negotiations over the development of the area in Uniondale that has come to be called the Nassau Hub. County officials said Nassau will get a renovated, state-of-the-art Coliseum financed entirely by the developers. The $1.6-billion project includes a 22-story apartment tower, hotels, a stadium for a minor league baseball team, a sports technology center and a convention center. Deal makes dollars, sense Residents have long complained about conditions at the 16,300-seat Coliseum, one of the oldest arenas in the NHL, including shabby rest rooms and a sometimes leaky roof. Wang said he has lost millions of dollars because the facility has few luxury suites. County officials are projecting $162 million in new property tax revenue, and sales tax revenue on merchandise including tickets and food. The Lighthouse Group will pay the county $1.5 million a year in rent for the Coliseum. Suozzi's panel of three county employees, headed by Deputy County Executive Helena Williams, informed the winner yesterday, but also asked Fred and Jeff Wilpon, of the Mets and their Coliseum Redevelopment Corp., to keep their offer on the table for future consideration if a memorandum of agreement and a lease cannot be reached with Wang. Wilpon ready if needed Jeff Wilpon said he got a call yesterday from a county official telling him they had lost. He maintained that his group had the better plan and that Wang's plan, which recently added a minor league stadium, now looks a lot like the Mets' plan. "I'm happy that we were able to help the county get a higher price for the hub area," said Wilpon. "We were going to bring baseball to Nassau, but the one thing we didn't have was control of the Islanders. I told Suozzi that, if the deal falls through, we will be there to help out." The deal still has a number of hurdles, including approval by the Nassau County Legislature. The county will now move to formalize a memorandum of agreement with Wang and then to reach a lease agreement. Suozzi will then recommend approval by the 19-member Nassau County Legislature. Lawmakers will review the proposal before sending it back to Suozzi for final approval. Wang will then go before Hempstead Town officials for zoning approval. Legis. David Denenberg (D-Merrick), chairman of the planning development and environment committee, which will take first crack at reviewing the Coliseum plan, said, "Once we get a proposal we will act swiftly but we will also act thoroughly. There's no 'done deals' with the legislature." Wang will spend $320 million for renovations and new parking facilities at the Coliseum. His proposal also calls for extending the Islanders' lease on the Coliseum through 2025 and for the construction of a sports technology center, housing and a conference facility. County sources said the deal turned on which bidder could provide a professional team to play in the newly renovated Coliseum. They said the Coliseum Redevelopment Group tried to reach out to Wang through NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, to get the Islanders to extend their Coliseum lease. But Wang said he had no interest in partnering with anyone other than the Lighthouse Group.
  9. I just got home, it looks like Mitre had a pretty good outing for himself today. Yep...Petit as well. We really have some depth on our staff.
  10. 2-2 after eight. Petit has been perfect - six up, six down for the Fish. Petit strikes out John Rodriguez to end the top of the ninth. Fish will come to the bat with a chance to win it. 3 excellent innings for Petit. :notworthy
  11. Looks like it's Petit time... 1-2-3. It's still 2-2.
  12. even better, another 1-2-3 inning for Mitre. 5 Ks now Somebody call Spike... :shifty
  13. Todd Walker and/or Tony Graffanino??? :whistle
  14. In all honesty I'd wish they would just dump Moehler...I suppose he'll be history by the All-Star break. In any case, he's a number five starter as best. I'd rather give Mitre the ball every fifth day instead. :confused Ideally...I'd love to see - Willis Vargas Johnson Olsen Nolasco :notworthy
  15. I think its more like players like Johnson and Nolasco pitching themselves into the rotation. Exactly...it's not what Olsen has or hasn't done. It's what Nolasco & Johnson are doing...thus making Olsen expendable. Willis Moe Vargas Johnson Nolasco :mischief2
  16. Split ?!?!? :plain
  17. Tickets for Panthers games are so expensive. Does anyone know of any deals or promos? Thanks. Miami Subs was offering a voucher for two free tix with the purchase of a value meal. I got one at the Sawgrass location. Not sure if the promotion is still on...
  18. Not sure if Olsen's still pitching but the Nats have added 3 more runs and now lead 5-0. *edit, yep here's the scoring* Olsen gave up a walk, RBI double, and a single. Tankersley relieved him, then balked in a run & allowed an RBI single. ----- Meanwhile in Viera, Jose Garcia comes out of the pen & gets a 1-2-3 fifth inning. Ricky Nolasco's now thrown 7 scoreless innings in the spring. A dark horse for the starting rotation perhaps? :mischief2 Could be pushing Olsen out the door with his performance this Spring... :mischief2
  19. This looks to set up nicely for the Marlins - they can offer a B level pitching prospect for Gaithright and if Tampa holds out for the Olsen...the Marlins can counter and ask for Dukes. What's the consensus here on Dukes? Would most be in favor of dealing a top pitching prospect for Elijah??? :mischief2 I would deal Olsen for Dukes as would I.... but the deal would have to include Dukes' new shrink too... Bring us the Prophet and bring back Harvey Dorfman! :notworthy
  20. This same mistake is made by fans during spring training's every season. I just hope Reggie is the exception. OMGAbercrombie! :notworthy
  21. This looks to set up nicely for the Marlins - they can offer a B level pitching prospect for Gaithright and if Tampa holds out for the Olsen...the Marlins can counter and ask for Dukes. What's the consensus here on Dukes? Would most be in favor of dealing a top pitching prospect for Elijah??? :mischief2
  22. Whew...thanks for thread HC. I was starting to get a little worried! :notworthy
  23. Great info. Thanks for sharing. Is there a PECOTA website you would recommend?
  24. Ramp, make him an offer he can't refuse How 'bout - either you play left in Miami or first in Albuquerque... :mischief2
  25. stokes goes yard off benson in the bottom of the 2nd, 1-0 Fish !!!!!!!!! Wow...Stokes is hot. How does he not make this team??? Is there room for him? Would love to see some sort of platoon with him and Jacobs. :thumbup yeah much better showing from Petit today. The problem with Stokes making the team is that if Jacobs is the starter, they have Wes Helms who could platoon with him if need be, and Helms has a very good history vs lefties. If Stokes could play the outfield he'd have a much better opportunity. A bench player who can only play 1B seems kind of a waste... Although that would be a nice bat for pinch-hitting. I guess Lenny Harris has basically been making the team without any defensive usefulness either. Any way you slice it...Girardi is going to have to make some tough decisions!
Background Picker
Customize Layout

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.