Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jimmy

  1. I just hope people have tempered expectations of this player. And no, I dont care what John Gall says, to be quite honest. For all we know McPherson is John Gall #2. I am sorry if I seem negative towards McPherson. I am willing to give him a shot, but I dont think he is more than a bench player in MLB and I could care less about monster stats in Albuquerque. Now there's a surprise. :whistle I dont know why anyone would care what John Gall has to say. He is not an analyst, he is just a mediocre AAAA player that should of retired long ago to pursue more lucrative interests. Maybe real estate or Wall Street.
  2. I just hope people have tempered expectations of this player. And no, I dont care what John Gall says, to be quite honest. For all we know McPherson is John Gall #2. I am sorry if I seem negative towards McPherson. I am willing to give him a shot, but I dont think he is more than a bench player in MLB and I could care less about monster stats in Albuquerque.
  3. I have a Mets black alternate cap that I stole from someone like 8 years ago. I wear it to play softball in, as I dont want to get my Marlins hats dirty.
  4. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! But it's not for any of those reasons. We didn't need Manny and I feel we were giving up too much. Giving up what exactly ? A bust 1st rounder ? We'd have a chance to get 2 1st round picks in next years draft when Manny deserted us after the season. The Marlins would have made a statement to their players that they are serious, instead the players now know that this front office will never be about winning, but just about being as cheap as they can. Only an ignorant person would call a 24 year old, already in the big leagues a bust. :whistle Being 24 and being in the big leagues isn't a reflection of talent, its a reflection of our needing someone cheap and affordable to play right field. What about 21 in the big leagues who was 5th among right fielders in MLB in OPS two years later as a 23 year old, which was his first full season?
  5. I am glad, as the trade just did not make any sense for the Marlins.
  6. Not only a hitters league overall, but his #s take a big drop off, especially slugging, away from Albuquerque. It is very doubtful that he could even put up Mike Jacobs #s. I am not against giving him a shot, but most people have very unrealistic expectations of a 28 year old who was always owned when he came up to MLB by the superior pitching(while always raking in the minors), who hasnt stepped foot on an MLB diamond in 2 years, and whos defense makes Cantu look like Brooks Robinson at 3rd.
  7. Gaby Hernandez has been mediocre/average ever since he was in the SALLY league as a 19 year old 3 years ago, and had two mediocre years in Carolina before he got hit hard in Albuquerque this year.
  8. Stay in Albuquerque where he belongs.
  9. The Pirates had a very good deadline, with the haul they received for Jason Bay and what they got for Nady.
  10. Excellent news. The Dodgers wont win anything with the guy they have managing, but that is neither here nor there. This deal made absolutely no sense for the Marlins, as far as the game on the field goes, and would of hurt for a while. And the Pirates essentially just raped both the Dodgers and Red Sox, getting Andy LaRoche, Craig Hansen, and Brandon Moss(and someone else) for Jason Bay. Well done Bucs.
  11. Well, everyone's been getting bargains so far, so why do we have to pay? How long is Rhode's contract? Also, we might still get Grabow, since hes a prospect, and not in the majors yet, while Rhodes is.............I think, really I have no clue I really dont think we gave up that much. Gaby was below quite a few pitchers on the organizational depth chart, and is still quite raw. Good luck in Seattle's organization Gaby.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.