Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jimmy

  1. Jimmy replied to kingzfan10's topic in Sports
    A 2 year old article. Gaby is still not a power prospect, that takes care of that comparison. And Pujols is an excellent first basemen, something Gaby Sanchez is not. Pujols is also in the top 3 overall hitters in the game, something Gaby is not, as has been mentioned, he profiles as a 10-15 HR(in his best years) first baseman. As usual, you are grasping for straws.
  2. Is it any different than an inexperienced president with an old VP?
  3. Considering he was likely to be non-tendered means that his "trade value" is irrelevant anyway.
  4. Jimmy replied to kingzfan10's topic in Sports
    Gaby Sanchez MVP = A. Pujols :notworthy For comparing Gaby Sanchez to Albert Pujols you officially qualify for the loony bin.
  5. A laughably inexperienced republican VP nominee and a laughably inexperienced democratic presidential nominee. Its the year of people who have no business being in the positions they are in!
  6. You don't even need to seriously search for corruption in the GOP, just watch all of the lobbyists' cash fall out of Republican politicians' pockets as they walk down the street! :lol Oh please. How many DNC corruption scandals have we had in the last three years? I believe it was one. By comparison, we've had the massive Abramoff scandal, plus things like Ted Stevens just recently. Even the GOP's VP pick is under investigation. Shocking. Both parties are equally corrupt. I live in a state where democrat corruption is so severe and widespread that it has essentially ruined the state, doing almost irreparable damage. All politicians are corrupt, all parties are corrupt. There are skeletons in every politicians closet.
  7. I can only think of two members here that appear to be supporting McCain and a third who potentially might be put he hasn't been posting here for very long. You talking about me?
  8. I still smile when I think back to Dr. Gupta tearing apart Moore's "Sicko" film piece by piece on national news. Showed just how underhanded the guy is, as there was nary a fact in that entire movie.
  9. Michael Moore is worthless. His films are all filled with inaccuracies and straight out lies, and poor editing. How this guy still does what he does is beyond me, as you cant call someone who makes up the majority of his films a documentarian.
  10. You don't even need to seriously search for corruption in the GOP, just watch all of the lobbyists' cash fall out of Republican politicians' pockets as they walk down the street! :lol Oh please.
  11. Where is Jimmy on this one? Congrats to Gaby Sanchez, I still think he will be a mediocre major leaguer in his best years.
  12. Maybin and Raynor would be nice, but after those two theres no one thats ready that I think will make much of an impact at the MLB level.
  13. Jimmy replied to kingzfan10's topic in Sports
    Or alot less defense and alot less power. DLee is not a good comparison. And I also dont share the optimism for Trahern, although he is young.
  14. Raynor has nothing more to gain from AA. He is MLB ready.
  15. I havent watched Sting in TNA because I dont like TNA, but the guy is a few months away from being 50, I have a hard time imagining he still puts on great matches.
  16. wow cena injured again not that big of a surprise rey gets a ttile shot o and orton is back in 2-3 weeks Cena has only missed time to injury, what, once? Either way, I would love to see Christian back in WWE. Nash and Team 3d are worthless and in Nash's case incompetent too, and Sting was just ruined by WCW and TNA.
  17. Jimmy replied to kingzfan10's topic in Sports
    Dallas Trahern= Brandon Webb I know he's your buddy and all but, really? I mean, seriously?
  18. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    Morrison is the better defensive 1B. no he isnt and Gaby can play 3B 1B RF and Catch i dont think morrison can move anywhere else Logan Morrison was named best defensive 1B in the FSL as well-in the same article, and lets not forget up to and including last year Sanchez was constantly rumored to have to DH because he was just plain awful defensively no matter where he was at. Meanwhile, Morrison was always noted to have been a good glove at first, and he has only gotten better. Morrison has the better glove, and always has, and its not even debatable.
  19. Issac Galloway was a steal in the late round. Solid at everything, spectacular at nothing. I hope he develops as he should, i.e. be more like Stanton and less like Hickman(although he does show occasional flashes) and Justin Jacobs.
  20. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    Errors are the worst way to gauge a players defensive ability. Morrison was regarded as a good defensive player and he has only gotten better. Sanchez for the longest time was known as the guy with no position because he is just awful on D. While he may have made improvements, his D is not-probably not anywhere near-as good as Morrison's.
  21. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    Morrison is the better defensive 1B.
  22. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    Except for the premier prospect part. He OPSd over 800 because of a strong last month, but that doesnt get him off the hook for the rest of the year, and I know how tough Jupiter can be on hitters. And while his OBP likely wont be anywhere near as high in the show as it is in AA, he also doesnt have the power you want from a 1B. Listen, you arent going to change my mind on Gaby, I dont see him as anything special, and I obviously am not going to change yours. Might as well wait and see for ourselves who is right, right? But I will say I am not going to listen to marlins1's ludicrous proclamation that Gaby is a future all star and let him get away with trying to pass off information that he likely posted himself on a fan submission site to Will Carrol.
  23. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    If I recall correctly, August knocked all of Gaby's stats up significantly last year in jupiter, as I believe he was hitting somewhere around the .260s and OPS in the low 700s. Edit: It was in the .740/.750 range the majority of the year. I dont hate Sanchez, I just dont think he is the prospect some think he is. He is 25, shows minimal power-especially for a 1B, and besides one story has always been derided for his stone glove. Marlins1 claims-constantly-the guy is a gold glover and sure fire future all star, and falsely attributes something a message board poster said-a poster that is probably marlins1 himself-to Will Carrol. That is, and I am sorry to say, laughable. If he can even match Mike Jacobs stats in avg and obp I will be truly shocked, and he has no shot at matching the power #s. I just, IMO, think MLB pitching is going to eat this guy alive. This is my predicted career stat line, as a Marlin, for Gaby Sanchez: .262/.301/.374.
  24. Jimmy replied to Marlins1's topic in Sports
    Um, Jimmy, what are you talking about? I am pretty honest about not knowing a ton when it comes to minor leaguers, but I know that Gaby Sanchez didn't "struggle in Jupiter all year until the last month or so", mainly because he didn't play in Jupiter this year. Here are his numbers, month by month, in AA Carolina this year: April:.303/.400/.461/.861 May: .340/.433/.470/.903 June: .297/.390/.451/.841 July: .379/.453/.670/1.123 August:.290/.410/.623/1.033 So he hasn't "struggle all year" at any level. He's 5th in the Southern League in AVG, 4th in OBP, and 7th in SLG. He struggled last year in Jupiter.
  25. We will likely never get the kind of power output at 2B we are getting out of Uggla ever again. That said, his plate discipline has always left something to be desired, and considering he is almost 30 already, I doubt that will change. He is what he is. See ball, hit ball, or whatever it was he said.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.