Gregg shut down with infalmation of the knee

dom2613

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I mean i dont wish an injury on any1, but he has no business pitching out there, especially with stubborn ass Fredi who will keep him as the closer. He should be called the opener instead for blowing so much sh*t.

yea please go on the DL

Yeah...b/c making the bullpen worse + decreasing his trade value by not pitching anymore this year, is something this team really needs. :rolleyes:

Do you think his trade value will increase by constantly blowing saves? :rolleyes:

Do you not think he's capable of getting a couple more? I mean, it's not impossible. He does have 29, this year. As a matter of fact, even if a reliever sucks, odds are he'll get more saves, than blown saves. It's not the hardest thing in the world. Some are just better at it, than others.

Regardless...Gregg has still been one of the better relievers on the team, this year (overall). So, I don't see why everyone is so happy and giddy.

yea please go on the DL

Yeah...b/c making the bullpen worse + decreasing his trade value by not pitching anymore this year, is something this team really needs. :rolleyes:

Do you think his trade value will increase by constantly blowing saves? :rolleyes:

Do you not think he's capable of getting a couple more? I mean, it's not impossible. He does have 29, this year. As a matter of fact, even if a reliever sucks, odds are he'll get more saves, than blown saves. It's not the hardest thing in the world. Some are just better at it, than others.

Regardless...Gregg has still been one of the better relievers on the team, this year (overall). So, I don't see why everyone is so happy and giddy.

Beacuse hes costing us the playoffs man

hes blown more saves than ever as of late and thats even worse considering we cant win 2 games in a row anymore

yea please go on the DL

how does he make the bullpen worse :blink:

Because he's a veteran presence that can show the younger guys how to suck (He's worked well with Kensing and Pinto recently).

yea please go on the DL

Because he's a veteran presence that can show the younger guys how to suck (He's worked well with Kensing and Pinto recently).

Or perhaps b/c the only reliever who's actually been better than him has been Joe Nelson...and he's been better than Nelson at inheriting runners.

Just b/c Gregg is out of his role (I think we all knew he was never a true closer) doesn't mean he sucks.

yea please go on the DL

yea but he hasent been able to close games

i mean it sucks especially when our pen guys like joe nelson matt lindstrom logan kensing etc have been pitching so well to keep the lead for gregg to blow it in the ninth

he cant be our closer if he keeps doing this

walking the leadoff batter, hitting a batter wth 2 outs , hell he got the 1st 2 outs last night before he blew it

o and his splitter or slider or w/e that crap is. it sucks alwasy gets hammered or in the dirt he needs to put it together but he can do that as a mid reliver

Erick, there is nothing that can save Kevin Gregg's trade value, which is now miniscule since he leads the league in blown saves. The most we could get for him is a mid-level prospect or a bench player.

Please, no more defending Gregg.

Thank you, thank you, thankkk youuu!

people need to stop defending gregg like if he was a stud who just had a bad week or something.

btw bro, awesome sig lol its about the only funny thing that is gregg related.

This needs to happen, you can't keep doing this to the other guys on the team, Gregg is one guy and that is all it takes to lose a game. The rest of the team put together the performance to win, and Gregg has been taking everything the other guys who played in the game did and throwing that right in the garbage.

Demoralizing to a team... seriously..

from CBS:

Struggling Florida Marlins closer Kevin Gregg says he's taking a break to rest a sore left knee that has bothered him the past three or four weeks. In his absence, manager Fredi Gonzalez said he'll use Matt Lindstrom or Joe Nelson as the closer. Lindstrom, touted as the Marlins' closer of the future, has no career saves. Nelson's most recent save was in 2006.

The ailment wasn't previously disclosed, and it helps explain why Gregg is 0-4 in his past seven outings with an ERA of 16.20. "Unfortunately I think I made a bad decision of trying to play through some inflammation in my knee, and it has cost me and cost the team a couple of games," Gregg said Saturday.

"Unfortunately I think I made a bad decision of trying to play through some inflammation in my knee, and it has cost me and cost the team a couple of games," Gregg said Saturday.

I don't buy that for a minute. This has all the makings of a false injury. It happens all the time! A guy goes through a spell of suckage and humiliation and then all of the sudden gets "hurt" or, all of the sudden says Oh, well I was hurt, that's why I sucked".

Bull!

Kevin Gregg knows his future here is no more, so he figures instead of just walking out on the team, he'll fake an injury. Thank god we'll never have to see that guy pitch in a Marlin uniform again.

I didn't know that the medical term "for i suck at closing games" was inflamed knee, regardless glad to see he is not the closer anymore, or at least for know, in all reality though i hope he recovers well and doesn't become the closer ever again, hell he should be a middle reliever.