Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AnonymousAnomaly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AnonymousAnomaly

  1. Hmm...Who should I blame for this one? Tough one.
  2. Wes Helms in today. He better not screw this game up.
  3. Relax and dea with it. He will be here until june at the least, in my opinion. Not a bad move, just hasn't turned out how we've wanted it too yet. You're smoking dope...
  4. Yeah they made a huge mistake with him. I'd rather see Nate Robertson than Javier. That's sad...
  5. Helms all the way. The little bit he did play cost us some runs and in my opinion the game. Three k's and a routine double play ball that he can't come up with. Not to mention the interference he made to guarantee the run. Yep Helms all the way.
  6. Well the Nats are set up pretty nicely for a sweep. Awesome.
  7. yeah I'm done watching this game...
  8. I'm really confused why Edwin thought it was a good idea to let JJ go out there in the 8th (especially with the heart of the order coming up). Or if you do, at least have two guys warming up just in case. That's one of the few times I agreed with edwin... I like leaving him in the game, Dunn giving up the blast is another thing all together. The one thing that irritates me is that it ALWAYS seems to happen during JJ starts. When hitters face JJ its like they have weights on their bats. When he comes out, it's like they take that weight off and can hit better against the bullpen. That's my theory anyways. It is very frustrating though.
  9. Infante has been dropped to 7th in the lineup today. where can you see today's lineup? http://twitter.com/#...863509925306368 Thank you sir
  10. Infante has been dropped to 7th in the lineup today. where can you see today's lineup? He's Admin. He's got Admin powers.
  11. Infante has been dropped to 7th in the lineup today. where can you see today's lineup?
  12. Wow, what a boring group. It's just for fun guys, chill. I think I like three strike mike, so I may start calling him that when he strikes out in important contact situations.
  13. This just popped in my head..."three strike mike". Maybe a little better.
  14. Mike Fan-a-ton is the best i can come up with. I'm sure someone can figure out something better...
  15. I remember we called Cabs KKKabrera in the game threads his rookie season. so we need a strikeout name for stanton...hmmm
  16. Pretty sure everyone wants Dunn to be our future closer, not Webb. Yeah, turn him into our own little Billy Wagner.
  17. Joe Nathan is another case of "irrelevant minor league #'s" because he spent most of it as a starting pitcher. Which is why I brought it up...
  18. I really don't see Webb being an above average mainstay in the bullpen. His minor league numbers + what I've seen from him this season scream Meh. Guys with a 10.51 h/9 in the minors don't end up being closers, high GB% or not. He's not a closer. Also, he changed his delivery in SD supposedly, and that had a lot to do with his success post-minors; he's a different pitcher now than he was then. Not to mention the fact that looking at his minor league career is irrelevant, considering he started 97 games in the minors; starting is clearly more difficult than coming out of the pen for an inning or two. He's definitely a big league reliever. As a matter of fact, he didn't really do anything wrong tonight. I disagree Erick. There's been many on here saying he could be a future closer, I think you included. It is absolutely not irrelevant to look at minor league numbers for a guy with less than 80 IP in the major leagues. The guys been very hittable as a starter in the minor leagues, I just don't see him converted to a reliever and being an above average pen guy in the bigs. I'm predicting we'll be calling for his head by 2012 at the latest. Edit: Didn't realize he had 25 innings in 09. So that puts him a bit over 80 innings... Joe Nathan had some pretty bad minor league numbers as well and has been a good closer... I'll completely eat crow if Webb ends up being the next joe Nathan. I bet its happened before, I just doubt it will in Webb's case. Probably not likely, but that would be sweet.
  19. I really don't see Webb being an above average mainstay in the bullpen. His minor league numbers + what I've seen from him this season scream Meh. Guys with a 10.51 h/9 in the minors don't end up being closers, high GB% or not. He's not a closer. Also, he changed his delivery in SD supposedly, and that had a lot to do with his success post-minors; he's a different pitcher now than he was then. Not to mention the fact that looking at his minor league career is irrelevant, considering he started 97 games in the minors; starting is clearly more difficult than coming out of the pen for an inning or two. He's definitely a big league reliever. As a matter of fact, he didn't really do anything wrong tonight. I disagree Erick. There's been many on here saying he could be a future closer, I think you included. It is absolutely not irrelevant to look at minor league numbers for a guy with less than 80 IP in the major leagues. The guys been very hittable as a starter in the minor leagues, I just don't see him converted to a reliever and being an above average pen guy in the bigs. I'm predicting we'll be calling for his head by 2012 at the latest. Edit: Didn't realize he had 25 innings in 09. So that puts him a bit over 80 innings... Joe Nathan had some pretty bad minor league numbers as well and has been a good closer...
  20. looks like stanton just doesn't adjust to the outside slider. he just swings from wherever he is standing and hopes to hit it. you never see him reach out and try to slap balls away like gaby or coghlan. I was thinking the same thing...
  21. Hensley's home run pitch is probably the worst pitch I've ever seen. My grandmother could have easily yanked that meatball into the bullpen as well.
  22. bad outing from Anibal tonight. in fact bad pitching all around tonight. :thumbup 8 walks... really guys? oh well take another series tomorrow It's a four game series Guys... SHOULD WE BE WORRIED ABOUT CLAY HENSLEY? It's 12 innings; he's not been pitching well at all though. So yes and no. Current #'s say yes, but sample size says no. Yeah i think he fell down a flight of stairs too recently lol. That can't help.
  23. Then Marlins baseball ain't the team, nor the sport for you :lol Hey thanks! Who are you, my therapist? Take a walk. Jeez.. Yeah, I'm thinking someone needs some PR work. Derek Lowe?
  24. Then Marlins baseball ain't the team, nor the sport for you :lol Hey thanks! Who are you, my therapist? Take a walk.
  25. I'm getting drunk to forget this one. Save up man....it's only the last day of April I'm stocked and ready to go for this season. I love how we've won a lot of one run games, but how about a blow out every now and then. I'm gonna develop an ulcer from watching all these close games.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.