Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BaseballGoody2Shoes

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BaseballGoody2Shoes

  1. I got my Angels/Giants WS DVD at Best Buy last year after Christmas, and will definitely have to get this one. If the 1997 Marlins World Series comes out on DVD, I'll get it as well.
  2. Happy Halloween to you too, LCastillo, and to everyone here on the board...and of course, to our World Series Champs I wish we could have dressed up at my work today (Einstein Brothers Bagels)...my boss would have let us, but the CORPORATE JERKS wouldn't let us
  3. NICE picture of Miggs there Now if only I could find a sexy one of Penny....
  4. I am also happy for Todd Helton
  5. Another hurdle in the re-signing process. Congrats though Mike - you deserve it. ANd I hope now, there is more ammunition in the age old Rolen vs. Lowell argument. Like I said, give me Lowell any day... Rolen sucks!!! Lowell RULES!!!
  6. Yeah people, lay off of her. She has EVERY right to love Miguel if she wants. She's not out to marry him; she was just merely pointing out that she likes him and thinks he's a good-lloking guy. THAT'S ALL...so get off her case!
  7. That's awesome BB84 I am so glad you guys had a lot of fun there. I bet the players enjoyed you guys too
  8. Hey Super Angels, who is that in the picture in your post?
  9. BaseballGoody2Shoes replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    tommorow night. i think he was on once, in fact i remember Leno talking to Beckett on the phone on his show after the pennant clincher i think Thank you for the info I will have my vcr set for that
  10. That's okay...wait till Brad Penny meets me next year...there'll be romance in the air *wishful thinking* I :wub: Brad!!!
  11. a guy came into the store saying that the marlins were going to get swept. i wanted to risk getting fired by smaking him upside the head but i knew i would just let the Marlins do it for me :lol . to that guy F*CK YOU!! MARLINS ARE THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!! That sounds like the scenario at my work too. I work for Einstein Brothers Bagels and we had customers that would come in, knowing I was all for the Marlins, and they would taunt me, telling me we'd lose our @$$e$ to the Yankees...well now I get the last laugh at them....muhahahaha!!! Something to look forward to tomorrow when I return to work after being off all weekend I'll be wearing a perma-grin on my face :lol :lol :lol
  12. I was happy as hell when we got Jeffy back and snagged Ugy Obviously someone knew what they were doing :w00t :thumbup :whistle
  13. According to the Sweeney/Rockies rumor mill in Denver, Mark wants to return to the Rockies and I am hoping he will do just that. I am hoping to see him back at Rockies Spring Training Camp here in Tucson come February.
  14. I think Mark Sweeney will remain a Rockie, as will Chris Stynes...if Dan O'Dork (O'Dowd) is SMART enough to keep them both. The Rockies let go of Bobby Estalella, Jose Jimenez, and Chris Richard, freeing up room and money to keep a hold of Sweeney, Stynes, and possibly Jay Payton. I think Pudge will stay. The damn Yankees will get Vladdy G...because Greedy George will pay the big Buck$$$ to have another winning team. Watch and see what big names he gets and what players he tosses in a fire sale. I hope the Royals will keep both Curtis Leskanic and Brian Anderson.
  15. It's hard to say who will win it between Brandon Webb, Dontrelle Willis, and Scott Podsednik...anything is possible with these sports writers. As for the batting title, I think Todd Helton should have won it. Pujols K'd on his last at-bat and Helton was intentionally walked...damn Padres!!!
  16. I know that would be a lot of us...but I was saying it coming from a Rockie fan's point of view too. I had another Rockies fan tell me they considered this World Series victory to be a major slap in the face to the Rockies, instead of them supporting it. I don't think that's so. I think that MOST everyone in the National League is proud and are happy for the Marlins...within a few exceptions, of course
  17. Me too Alkazoid *high-fives* Let the Fire Sale begin I want to watch Steinbrenner burn in hell :lol
  18. Congratulations to the Marlins from their BIGGEST fan in Tucson, Arizona I have been a Marlins fan ever since 1993, when the Fish and their expansion brothers, the Colorado Rockies (I am a Colorado native) became teams and joined Major League Baseball. I have seen both teams go through their highs and lows and have stuck with them both all the way. There are three current Marlins who were also Colorado Rockies players...Pierre, Harris, and Hollandsworth...and I am glad to see them all get a ring finally Being in Arizona, I took a liking to the home team also and that is where my fondness for Brad Penny comes into play. He came up through their minor leagues before going to Florida in the trade for Matt Mantei. By the way, Mantei still follows the adventures of the Marlins to this day and keeps in touch with some of the guys so I know he was rooting for the Fish I've become friends with Matt since he came here...great guy. As for Penny, he still remains a big favourite in my heart, as does former Diamondback Andy Fox. I am also happy to see Brad and Andy get a ring. Overall, I am very happy for all the guys...a much-deserved victory over the Yankees and for Josh Beckett, a much-deserved MVP award...way to go guys!!! I hope Trader Jack will win the NL Manager of the Year because he certainly deserves to Dontrelle Willis also deserves to win the NL ROY
  19. A lot of the teams are now offfering cruises with the team for the fans...I know the Diamondbacks are doing one this year and the Red Sox did one last year. I think if it weren't so costly, I'd love to go on it. I think it would be a fun way to meet the guys and make some great friendships with the team.
  20. Welcome to the neighborhood, Lilybug I've been a Marlins fan since their inception (1993, along with my native Colorado Rockies, the Marlins' expansion brothers). I have watched this team go from their very beginning, through the 97 World Series, through the 1998 Fire Sale, and beyond. I am so glad to see them come back with a vengeance and see Jack McKeon and the boys win it all. Feel free to post to any of us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask WAY TO GO MARLINS WE LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!
  21. I see NOTHING wrong with what the guy did...he just showed his love and support for the Marlins. What a crock of crap! I suppose now they're gonna go after the people who designed the YUCK THE FANKEES t-shirts I saw being sold on eBay?! Sometimes I really think the donut-loving police have no class, no sense of humor, and just plain SUCK!
  22. And to think that Mike Hampton and that @$$ monkey Barry Bonds BOTH said we couldn't do it...screw them both...I hope they eat crow the rest of their careers!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.