Everything posted by BaseballGoody2Shoes
-
Rangers close with
As soon as I hear anything on Dellucci, I will let you all know.
-
What was your best present?
Hey Gang The best present I got was my new Dell computer with the Pentium 4 processor in it I won a digital camera at my work's Christmas party, so that was cool...I can't wait to try it out at Spring Training this year I also got two Rockies shirts, new towels for my new bathroom in my new place...candy, $200, a Starbucks gift card (I'm a total 'Bucks girl), other cool stuff too... I think I may treat myself to both the Two Towers dvd and the World Series dvd soon also
-
Merry Christmas To All!
Merry Christmas Everyone I am FINALLY back online...I've missed this place and everyone. I wish you all a wonderful holiday
-
The absence of BaseballGoody2Shoes
Will do I am also happy because it's a week away from work :lol After the crap I've had to deal with this past week (our boss walked out on us last Sunday, leaving the place in an uproar and our Assistant Manager as the interim GM), plus the snobby tightwad customers we get there...I need this vacation
-
The absence of BaseballGoody2Shoes
Happy Holidays Gang Just a note to let you all know that I will be offline from December 6th-14th, as I am moving and will also be helping my friends move...to florida of all places...them, not me. I'll be staying here in AZ, but will drive with them to Bradenton. While there, I will try to find the Marlins World Series commemorative SI issue since I can't find it out here So, that is why I have not been on here in a while. I've been working long hours due to a catastrophe at work this past week and also packing to move. Once I get back, the night of the 14th, I will try to get online and let you all know I got back safely and about the trip. Hopefully Pudge will re-sign...*crossing fingers*
-
The D-Backs signed Jesse Orosco to a minor league
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Grandpa Orosco and Paris Hilton have another thing in common... They are both like a doorknob...everyone takes their turn with them!!!
-
Good Job Royals
I am very happy for this move, because it means I will get to see both my buds Curtis and Brian at ST camp here again
-
You Might Have a Redneck Thanksgiving If...
Gotta love Jeff Foxworthy I dug out my Christmas music while packing boxes to move in a couple weeks and for kicks, I had to put on his "Redneck 12 Days of Christmas"...That man is a genius...taking typical white-trash rednecks and making them superstars in their own rite. Happy Turkey Day everybody :w00t
-
Ron Belliard
When was Ronnie released? I hadn't heard that and I usually hear everything that goes on with the Rox.
-
Caption This! (Caption the photograph)
Can you smell it can you? Boy did I rip one! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol "Guess I had way too much Taco Bell for lunch!"
-
You Might Have a Redneck Thanksgiving If...
On Thanksgiving Day you have to decide which pet to eat. wouldn't that be a Chinese thanksgiving? :lol I'm sorry, I know that's bad :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
-
Andy Fox
Along with Brad Penny and Mike Lowell, Andy Fox was my other favourite on the Marlins, and he will be missed. I got to know Andy when he was with the Arizona Diamondbacks and he's a great guy. Since he signed with the Texas Rangers and they now do their Spring Training out here in Arizona, I am hoping to see him when the Cactus League starts their workouts in February. If I do, I will tell him his sorely missed in Florida as well as with the DBacks. The last memory I have of Andy as a DBack was a day I was out at Bank One Ballpark really early. I was the only fan out by the railroad tracks, watching the players come in (this was before I had gotten my job at BOB). I saw Andy come in and he waved and smiled to me as he came through. I did the same back and watch him drive in. Other guys came by and some stopped and signed for me, others gave me the wave and smile, and all ventured in. Not even an hour later, I saw Foxy coming back out and his car was loaded up. It hit me then that something was wrong, and I realized he'd been traded. He came back out, stopped, and waved to me one last time with tears falling down his face. I was already crying by then too, and waved to him one last time. I knew before the fans did that he'd been traded.
-
You Might Have a Redneck Thanksgiving If...
Redneck Thanksgiving You Might Be A Redneck If: You've ever had Thanksgiving dinner on a Ping-Pong table. Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings. You've ever re-used a paper plate. If you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side. If you've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table. On Thanksgiving Day you have to decide which pet to eat. Your turkey platter is an old hub cap. Your best dishes have Dixie printed on them. Your stuffings secret ingredient comes from the bait shop. Your only condiment on the dining room table is ketchup. Side dishes include beef jerky and Moon Pies. You have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge. The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road". You consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food. You have an Elvis Jell-o mold. Your secret family recipe is illegal. You serve Vienna Sausage as an appetizer. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE...from BaseballGoody2Shoes in Arizona
-
Alot of awards for the Fish....
Which is more miraculous: Marlins win World Series in 2003? Or Carl Pavano is dating Alyssa Milano? You be the judge... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
-
favorite movies
Mine are: Major League Bull Durham Grease Happy Gilmore The Breakfast Club Dirty Dancing Sixteen Candles Ferris Bueller's Day Off Back To The Future The Lord of the Rings movies The American Pie movies Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me ...Just to name a few :thumbup
-
To those who slammed country
Rap SUCKS! It is not music and it will never be! You can call it anything else but music... What happened to good music I don't know, everybody is too busy looking either like a gangster or a whore! The Beatles was good music... Damn it I sound like the oldest SOB on this board... You are not alone dude! There are more like you and me who can not get themselves to turn FM radio anymore because today's music sucks... Besides, the only good music is not even made anymore... I hate rap and the new R&B and hip hop.... :thumbdown I am stuck in the 50' trough the 80's music era; anything before we started the music decline in the early 90's.... I really feel sorry for those of you who were born after 1985 and think DMX or Tupac or any of those guys make lyrics. This is like a totally plastic, cold, lifeless, meaningless generation. Elvis will always be the King and no one will ever ever be as good as the Beatles.... That was music! :afro :geek You are not alone...I love the music from the 50's through the 80's and some 90's...I even like some of the music from now but rap is just meaningless garbage that pays these trash-talking fools some big bucks. I also like country, some metal, and other types...hate opera with a passion and classical music is too boring. My soon-to-be new roommate summed up rap for me in the best way...he says RAP=Retards Attempting Poetry :lol :lol :lol By the way, for those of you who DO like Toby Keith as much as I do...his new album is GREAT
-
Webb mad for losing ROTY
No, Barry doesn't talk to the media because he is an a-hole Amen to that, Juanky *high-fives* I don't know why GiantsIn04 even wastes his time posting here...nobody CARES what he thinks and all he does is bring BONDS into every single topic, it seems! He ought to take his Bonds-loving where it belongs...to the GIANTS board... Now, back to the matter at hand here...Media hype actually helped show people acrossed the country just who Dontrelle Willis is. The exposure gained him a fan following and more support for the Marlins...especially during the World Series, when all those pissed-off Cubs, Giants, and Red Sox fans were wanting to be in the Marlins' and Yankees' shoes...in the Fall Classic. Dontrelle turned the fans on their ear with his pitching style and his finesse...his winning record and yes, not too bad with a bat himself. Brandon Webb has lost respect of many fans out there who thought maybe he could have edged out DW to win the ROTY. I, myself, got sick really fast of all the Brandon Webb hype out here in AZ...probably because I know him and because it's ALL I heard, day in and day out...it was nice to have two other candidates to hear about and watch. I am GLAD that Dontrelle won the ROTY
-
Alot of awards for the Fish....
Congrats to Jack (and the Marlins in general) for the awards...my dad is a member of AARP, so I will have to ask him to save me the AARP Magazine with Jack on the cover when he gets it
-
gold glove winners announced
Will Andres Galarraga be back too?
-
posted on another board
You're right, Jester...a good majority of us can't stand that conceited jack@$$. Bonds sure put on one heck of an act in order to get my Angels heart-throb David Eckstein to like him now didn't he?
-
colored user name
How do you become a VIP Member or a Supporter?
-
Rockies listening to offers
I just hope Toddboy does not become a damn GNAT *shudders at the thought*
-
List of Must See Baseball Related DVDs
I will have to add all three of these to my list of dvds I want...Thank you for posting the release date for the 2003 World Series dvd...I was wondering when it would be out.
-
Giants acquire C Pierzynski from Twins
Wow!!! Now the Giants will have 2 big mouths on their team again...maybe they will lead the division in cockiness and trash-talking :lol :lol :lol What's up with Butt-Nito Santiago? What will happen to Yogurt Torrealba now? Tune into the next episode of "As SBC Park Turns" and find out.
-
Could Bonds be more of a loser?
Fairy Bonds is a conceited jack@$$...plain and simple!