Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The back-ups in tomorrow?

Featured Replies

Word going around is that Abe Nunez could be in the line-up tommorrow, also Castillo could be given the day off. With a day off Monday McKeon could be looking to give some guys two days off.

During the week, Jack said hed like to give Easley a start this weekend and also said he might give Nunez a start, so Im guessing well see both tomorrow.

With the day off Monday I think he will want most of the lineup in. We are going agaisnt Millwood we need something in there..

 

Don't you mean Millwood is going up against US ! :thumbup

There likely won't be much of a drop off by putting Nunez in. I hate to say it, but Conine has been more of the anti-clutch so far. So until he gets his bat going, we should see if Abraham can continue his ST hitting streak.

There likely won't be much of a drop off by putting Nunez in. I hate to say it, but Conine has been more of the anti-clutch so far. So until he gets his bat going, we should see if Abraham can continue his ST hitting streak.

hehe... tonight there were 2 on, lowell was at the plate, the count was 3-0, and i was praying he would swing at the 4th pitch.

 

he of course took the walk, loaded up the bases, and you know the rest...

There likely won't be much of a drop off by putting Nunez in. I hate to say it, but Conine has been more of the anti-clutch so far. So until he gets his bat going, we should see if Abraham can continue his ST hitting streak.

hehe... tonight there were 2 on, lowell was at the plate, the count was 3-0, and i was praying he would swing at the 4th pitch.

 

he of course took the walk, loaded up the bases, and you know the rest... Ugh, the fourth time in 5 games we have loaded the bases, and gotten nothing from it. :mad :

Why would we have our backups in tom?

 

If we have a day off monday than players shouldnt mind playing on sunday because they coukd relax on mon.

 

And we need some good players in to face Kevin M.

 

I dont understand why we would put in our backups...unless we really want to make fun of the Phils and show them that even our backups can beat them.

Do they really need a rest after only a week into the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Nu?ez could be something, but its a bit too early to start giving them time to rest.

 

During spring training many of the starters played sporatically, half a game or less. Conine didn't play for six days before opening day because he was sick. Lowell sat out many games because of his problem. Luis still has hip problems.

 

They've now played five games straight, intense games. You know the Expos are going to play us hard in PR. This early in the season resting them is the right thing to do. It's also important to give the bench guys some playing time so they don't get rusty. Nunez has one MLB so far, I don't remember if Easley has had any.

I dont understand why we would put in our backups...unless we really want to make fun of the Phils and show them that even our backups can beat them.

He knows the reason... :lol

Keep Easley on the bench, I don't see him being a good sub for Castillo, not even near. As of Abe, give him the start. He earned it in ST plus Steve is struggling. Bring it on!

I feel that Nunez should get the start for Conine since he is trying to recover from his infection so maybe back to back days off will help him out.

Do they really need a rest after only a week into the season? Don't get me wrong, I think Nu?ez could be something, but its a bit too early to start giving them time to rest.

its not because the players need a rest ... it's basically because Jack doesnt want Nunez and Easley to cool off ... they were blazing hot in the spring, so if you keep them in the bench for too long they are just gonna cool off.

 

 

I say Nunez for Niner ... leave Easley on the bench, and maybe bring him out in the 5th or so.(that way he gets a couple of at-bats) ... i dont know ... start em both :thumbup

it said in the herald that Nunez was coming in for Niner and Easley for castillo

 

good luck to both of them

I dont understand why we would put in our backups...unless we really want to make fun of the Phils and show them that even our backups can beat them.

He knows the reason... :lol lol...thats the only reason I could think of.

I want to see Abe in as well. Easely will be a good back-up this year, but I want to see Castillo in the line-up after he went 3-for-4 last night. And El Dictator should be behind the plate today as well.

Castro should be in too. I think we will be fine - I am excited about Easley and Nunez...they could shine today.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.