GONZALEZ BATTING .205!!!

i love Mr Bass if he hits .200 all year i dont care.

I also agree, he has stellar defense. Which saves runs. Runs saved are like runs scored. right....anyway yeah finally his bat is starting to come around......his problem is he tries to hard and he puts himself down to hard.

his defense sure makes up for his lack of offense though :D

Sigh. Listen to yourselves. You all are euphoric over .200! That isn't acceptable, regardeless of defense.

Please God, make Sea-Ass sit.

And don't yap on about his stellar defense. I'd take Jeter's crappy D and sweet wood over the Sea-Ass D and those pathetic excuses for at-bats anyday. He is clueless at the dish 9 times out of 10. It's embarassing and makes a third of the line-up garbage.

Feel free to flame me out as you see appropriate... But he still sucks hind teat regardless.....

sSigh. Listen to yourselves. You all are euphoric over .200! That isn't acceptable, regardeless of defense.

And don't yap on about his stellar defense. I'd take Jeter's crappy D and sweet wood over the Sea-Ass D and those pathetic excuses for at-bats anyday. He is clueless at the dish 9 times out of 10. It's embarassing and makes a third of the line-up garbage.

Feel free to flame me out as you see appropriate... But he still sucks hind teat regardless.....

Well your entitled to your opinion, but the fact is we do not have Jeter as an option so no one is arguing with you that we wouldn't trade Sea Bass for Jeter. I Think your looking at it all wrong though. I mean SeaBass's offense is suspect but we are stuck with him, there is nothing anyone on this baord can do to change that. So rather than just criticize the fact that he struggles offensively I think we should also recognize his STELLAR defense. While that may not excuse him offensively it doess make up for it a bit, you cannot deny he gets to a lot of balls other guys could not and makes plays others would not. That saves runs. You can flame him all you want he's what we got... Go SeaBass!

Sigh. Listen to yourselves. You all are euphoric over .200! That isn't acceptable, regardeless of defense.

Sorry but not everyone is blessed with a ton of talent.

If not for A-Gon, we would have lost tonight and a few more games.

You can say what you want and hate on him all you want but we're happy because .205 is better than .170.

He could continue going 2-4 and get his average up to .250.

And you need to calm the hell down because this is only a game.

Umm....so im guessing u would have rather seen us lost that game... :blink:

Defense is extremely underrated. It is just as important as offense.

Thats awesome and everything, but you you gonna play?

Anway Jeter hurts a lot of his offense with the extra runs that go by because of his lack of range. Even the most conservative numbers saw him costing the Yankees 30+ runs last season. So, how many do you think A-Gon saves as the one of the best fielding IF in the game? 30+ as a conservative estimate.

NOTE: SS Josh Wilson is making good progress in Carolina after a disapointing 2003 season. He's still only 23 and is our SS of the future...not Wilson Valdez.

I feel hopeless everytime Gonzo comes to the plate, but I don't care what everyone says, this guys is an awesome defensive asset in our team, I can't count in my hands the times he's saved our asses from hits that would have been runs. Even if I scream every time he gets striked out, I jump of joy when he makes spectacular catches... Sorry, I'll take his .200 anytime.

The thing that pleased the most was seeing AGon bunting in the game.

As long as he continues to go up there swinging for the fences he's going to be pitched a certain way. Mix it up AGon, make them pitch to you. Good job.

I agree I really liked the bunt. He was using his head to get on base which is always a plus