Marlins could be lookin at Hall or LaRue?

Ramp

The Marlins, still reeling from the loss of Ivan Rodriguez, are ready to pursue help at catcher. Ramon Castro began the week batting .136 -- "He's guessing all the time, and guessing wrong," one scout says -- and Mike Redmond is nothing more than a quality backup. The problem for the Marlins is that it won't be easy to find a receiver capable of handling the powerful stuff of Josh Beckett, Brad Penny and Co. The Devil Rays would part with Toby Hall, but if the Reds fall out of contention, Jason LaRue might make more sense. . . .

link

Toby Hall would cost too much in players, and LaRue is crappola

Larue is an excellent defensive catcher and has some pop in his bat. He was injured and has struggled so far this year at the plate. The Reds are doing well (1st place) but they need starting pitching in a bad way. Pavano could go to cinci for a deal based around reidling and larue.

Larue is an excellent defensive catcher and has some pop in his bat. He was injured and has struggled so far this year at the plate. The Reds are doing well (1st place) but they need starting pitching in a bad way. Pavano could go to cinci for a deal based around reidling and larue.

like we don't need starting pitching

oh by the way:

larue > hall

Umm...

No? exactly ... Hall has taken a while and he's still rough but man the kid could hit ... easily one of the catchers with more upside in the bigs right now... he has ALL STAR written all over him.

He is by far my favorite DRay player and i've been waiting for him to break out and he will do so eventually, he is young and he has a lot of potential still .... if this is true I say go get him like kids after the ice cream man

He will be costly because I dont see why the DRays would be willing to part ways with him, but if the offer is right than a deal should be made ... it's a no brainer

I wish we can get benito but not gonna happen.

The Royals would gladly give you Benito, I'm sure, but I don't think you want him (especially with another year left on his deal). He's been bad offensively and defensively this year. He's been one of the worst catchers in baseball at throwing out runners with an 18.5% caught stealing percentage and 22 stolen bases allowed. Teams are running all over Benito and he's been charged with 5 passed balls already in a time when not too many passed balls are given. He hasn't made up for it offensively either with a .638 OPS and a .219/.230/.342 split away from hitter-friendly Kauffman Stadium. Benito was once a very good player, but now he's nothing more than a backup catcher, imo. Age has finally caught up with him.

Your team might be better off with Hall as the article suggests. Hall's not a good offensive player, but he's very solid defensively.