Let's play another round of "WHERE WAS ARMANDO?"

Hotcorner

Home game, extra innings.

There will be no, repeat NO SAVE SITUATION any longer in this game.

'Mando pitched 1 inning the last game, & none the game before.

Starter is out of the game, Manzy is able to get you through 2 innings & the Marlins tie it up in the bottom of the 9th!

10th inning, no Benitez.

11th inning, no Benitez.

What inning are you waiting for to bring in your best reliever? Is there an inning the coaches are waiting for? Is it the 19th inning? Is that the one?

WHY IS OUR BEST F*&$%ING RELIEVER NOT BEING USED IN THESE TIE GAMES LATE??

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I'm ecstatic that Koch made it through the 10th, but it was Armando who should have been pitching the 10th, and 11th if possible. Then if you want to give Koch a try, fine. But in extra innings you MUST GIVE YOUR OFFENSE THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE GAME.

And that my friends, is with your best reliever. Not with a guy who though we're all rooting for, is going to need some time to regain his confidence.

I don't blame the loss on Koch by any stretch. Nor do I blame it on McKeon for not using Benitez. Nevertheless, I am stumped as to why this continues to happen.

Jack is not on top of his game right now. We are not playing towards are strengths. He put a ridiculous lineup out there and like you said should have brought in Benitez. This team is struggling from the all the way down from the Manger to the Players. No one is getting it done right now.

Jack is not on top of his game right now. We are not playing towards are strengths. He put a ridiculous lineup out there and like you said should have brought in Benitez. This team is struggling from the all the way down from the Manger to the Players. No one is getting it done right now.

dont blame the coach's, they dont play.

Guest FishFanInPA

Gagne would be in any of these situations because they know that for those innings he pitches, the opposing team is not going to score....even if it doesn't matter and the game is tied.

Jack is not on top of his game right now.? We are not playing towards are strengths.? He put a ridiculous lineup out there and like you said should have brought in Benitez.? This team is struggling from the all the way down from the Manger to the Players.? No one is getting it done right now.

dont blame the coach's, they dont play. I'm not blaming the loss on him, I'm blaming that DECISION on him.

Would you blame the coaches if they sat Lowell, Cabrera, Choi, Redmond, and Castillo in the same game? Could you blame them then? Still not their fault because hey, the coaches don't play!

They do however make game decisions. I AM saying this particular decision makes no F-ing sense. NONE. I don't want my team going down with its best horse still in the stable.

Jack is not on top of his game right now.? We are not playing towards are strengths.? He put a ridiculous lineup out there and like you said should have brought in Benitez.? This team is struggling from the all the way down from the Manger to the Players.? No one is getting it done right now.

dont blame the coach's, they dont play. I'm not blaming the loss on him, I'm blaming that DECISION on him.

Would you blame the coaches if they sat Lowell, Cabrera, Choi, Redmond, and Castillo in the same game? Could you blame them then? Still not their fault because hey, the coaches don't play!

They do however make game decisions. I AM saying this particular decision makes no F-ing sense. NONE. I don't want my team going down with its best horse still in the stable. its simple, he thought he could have got the job done without having to use armando and he was wrong

it happens...

Wow...... Dont you understand that we were trying to get the most out of Koch?!?!

He pitched a great inning before that mistake pitch, and you have no idea if a game is gonna go for more innings so you dont know how long it will last and you try to get the most out of your relievers from then on (usually 2.0 innings)

I wouldve brought Benitez in the following inning..

You guys need to rationalize before you speak, the game shouldve been over before the 9th inning anyways, Blame missed opportunities. I blame Jack for not putting Choi in Instead of Easly.

I'm with Citan, I remember earlier this year people were complaining from over use of Benitez, we need him to be around for the entire year, and Benitez can't come in and pitch two innings more than once a week I would think. He got a bunch of work during the week. 1 game without Benitez or a few months with an arm problem. It's not a guarentee but at some point Marlins need someone to step up. Can't depend on Benitez every time

think of it like this, koch was aquired a few days ago, if he wasnt used today theres an off day tommorow and he hadnt pitched in like 10 days before that am i correct?

he pitched Friday night didnt catch that. but still, thats very little work. i mean, how many innings has he pitched this month? not much at all i bet

Wow...... Dont you understand that we were trying to get the most out of Koch?!?!

He pitched a great inning before that mistake pitch, and you have no idea if a game is gonna go for more innings so you dont know how long it will last and you try to get the most out of your relievers from then on (usually 2.0 innings)

I wouldve brought Benitez in the following inning..

You guys need to rationalize before you speak, the game shouldve been over before the 9th inning anyways, Blame missed opportunities. I blame Jack for not putting Choi in Instead of Easly.

Citan I don't mind at all that Koch was being used for 2 innings. What I mind is that he was being used BEFORE BENITEZ. And I include myself as one of those people who doesn't want to overuse Armando.

He pitched 1 inning Saturday, none on Friday, and we have Monday off. Therefore he should be fine for at least one inning, maybe 2.

I don't mind Koch pitching at all, but in extra innings I don't think the first guy you want to throw out there is a guy who's confidence has been utterly shattered lately.

The first guy you should throw out there is your best guy available.

....and I do "rationalize before I speak". Note that I said specifically that I did not blame the loss on Koch, nor do I blame it on McKeon. I just hate that particular move. (And I agree about Choi also)

I will not rest until I have convinced everyone in the country of this. It's my quest in life now. I'm on a mission from god. (cue Blues Brothers music)

Home game, extra innings.

There will be no, repeat NO SAVE SITUATION any longer in this game.

'Mando pitched 1 inning the last game, & none the game before.

Starter is out of the game, Manzy is able to get you through 2 innings & the Marlins tie it up in the bottom of the 9th!

10th inning, no Benitez.

11th inning, no Benitez.

What inning are you waiting for to bring in your best reliever? Is there an inning the coaches are waiting for? Is it the 19th inning? Is that the one?

WHY IS OUR BEST F*&$%ING RELIEVER NOT BEING USED IN THESE TIE GAMES LATE??

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I'm ecstatic that Koch made it through the 10th, but it was Armando who should have been pitching the 10th, and 11th if possible. Then if you want to give Koch a try, fine. But in extra innings you MUST GIVE YOUR OFFENSE THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO WIN THE GAME.

And that my friends, is with your best reliever. Not with a guy who though we're all rooting for, is going to need some time to regain his confidence.

I don't blame the loss on Koch by any stretch. Nor do I blame it on McKeon for not using Benitez. Nevertheless, I am stumped as to why this continues to happen.

i agree and i always say this to everyone....in extra innings thats the best way to win or at least keep the team in the game

McKeon likes to throw his players to the lions. Then gets upset with them if they screw up. He did it last year with eventual success. He's doing it again this year with some success. No doubt though that it has cost the team games, last year and this year.

It is rather surprising he wouldn't use Benitez more as a stopper than a 9th inning closer considering he usually likes to use his best player available. Maybe he's still trying to get a feel for the personnel because very few of them in the bullpen and bench have stepped up and performed the miracles he asks of them.

McKeon likes to throw his players to the lions. Then gets upset with them if they screw up. He did it last year with eventual success. He's doing it again this year with some success. No doubt though that it has cost the team games, last year and this year.

It is rather surprising he wouldn't use Benitez more as a stopper than a 9th inning closer considering he usually likes to use his best player available. Maybe he's still trying to get a feel for the personnel because very few of them in the bullpen and bench have stepped up and performed the miracles he asks of them.

The way he keeps trotting guys out there it looks like we are still in extended Spring Training. Not that I necessarily disagree with the approach with as much turn over as there has been in the BP.

It would be nice to see everyone settle into a role as we go into the 2nd half.

Why was Easley playing first? We should have used Conine.

That's what I was thinking. I hate it when Easley is on first. Put either Niner or Choi on 1st and I'll be first. But no Easley. Sometimes I can't bear to look when the ball is coming his way.