This team is motivated and fighting...

Imagine working longer days for a year and not having enough vacation time or off time to make up for it? Imagine all the late night crashes and fighting fatigue.

That is what is happening to the Marlins. Our field players like Juan Pierre, Luis Castillo, Mike Lowell, Jeff Conine, Mike Redmond, Miguel Cabrera, and Alex Gonzalez play almost every night and this season they didn't have the usual offseason.

Hopefully this All Star Break will allow them to rest and allow our pitching staff to heal a little and get back in gear for a great run.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

cheers! i think with a little rest, once again they'll have the eye of the tiger.

seriously, before every game this team should watch rocky. it'll be inspirational.

I hate to have to throw this out there, but imagine making $3 mil a season. I'd leave my heart on the field before not giving my all cause I'm tired. The Yankees season was just as long as ours was and they don't seem to be very tired.

I hate to have to throw this out there, but imagine making $3 mil a season. I'd leave my heart on the field before not giving my all cause I'm tired. The Yankees season was just as long as ours was and they don't seem to be very tired.

446575[/snapback]

yankees had some bad streaks too

I can't blame them, either.

We all would get really tired if we had to leave our $400K second homes, trudge to the park every day in our $100K SUV's and play a baseball game. Heck, sometimes they even have to get on a private charter plane and stay in $400 a night hotel rooms!!!!!!

I dunno how they do it.

team suxs thats the real reason we get 10 hits to the butt pirates 8 and lose. sweeeeeeeeeet

Team suxs team suxs TEAM f***ING SUCKS!!!!!!!!

i dont know what else i can say.....

man..... im so fed up with these LOSEEERS... how did we win a WS again?

team suxs thats the real reason we get 10 hits to the butt pirates 8 and lose. sweeeeeeeeeet

Team suxs team suxs TEAM f***ING SUCKS!!!!!!!!

i dont know what else i can say.....

man..... im so fed up with these LOSEEERS... how did we win a WS again?

446671[/snapback]

Now, tell me how you really feel? :thumbdown

Yes, they make good money, they live in nice homes, but it isnt an easy life the way you think. they have what, one day off a month? and sometimes that is a travel day. They are on the road constantly, they put in long hours, the stress level has got to be incredible, and they have no life of their own from febr 15-end of sept. no family reunions, no weddings, no funerals (unless parent etc). Not to mention the time and financial struggle put in during their minor league days, working for slave wages. I dont think you hear them complaining. They gave it all to be here, and they will get it together, cuz they are professionals!!!!!!

I wouldnt blame fatigue as much as I would blame a lack of fundamentals. Base running and defensive errors have cost this team a lot. We saw examples of both yesterday. This team does not run as well as last year's and the defensive errors have become a glare.

This team needs to get back to fundamentals.

Yes, they make good money, they live in nice homes, but it isnt an easy life the way you think. they have what, one day off a month? and sometimes that is a travel day. They are on the road constantly, they put in long hours, the stress level has got to be incredible, and they have no life of their own from febr 15-end of sept. no family reunions, no weddings, no funerals (unless parent etc). Not to mention the time and financial struggle put in during their minor league days, working for slave wages. I dont think you hear them complaining. They gave it all to be here, and they will get it together, cuz they are professionals!!!!!!

446792[/snapback]

Boohoo. If it's so tough, let them go work in an office at a job they hate and make 30k a year like the rest of the shlubs in this world. I never feel bad for baseball players. They get to do what they love and are ridiculously compensated for it.

No one asked you to feel sorry for anyone, I am just saying, they give up alot for that money. You get to have a normal life while working at your job for 30k. You could go out and find another close to that salary, if they lose their job, they got a long way to fall. Pressure here is more than you or I will ever know.