Heat Players React to Shaq Trade

RossInfoMan

people are saying that we could be the Lakers of last year w/o Kobe Bryant

but dont you see what could be going on here??????

Phil Jackson left the Lakers for one reason.....KOBE BRYANT

Shaquille O'Neal wanted out of the Lakers for one reason.......KOBE BRYANT

Its obvious that Kobe is a real piece of work to play with so perhaps we might get the Shaq/Malone/Payton trio here with not only the motivation to win but to win without Kobe Bryant as if to show him up.

Getting Payton doesnt really excite me but if he is willing to play the right role and keep his big mouth shut it would be fine

but getting Malone, if his knee is sound would be AWESOME

think about it, being able to run the pick and roll with Wade and either Malone or Shaq.

With the extra touches he is going to get on the perimeter now that Odom is gone and having two experienced and capable big men would make a player like Wade absolutely unstoppable

not just from a scoring perspective, but just like the article said about Wade being a phenominal passer. Wade will give those guys the scoring chances that Kobe took for himself. Wade is a team player and its becoming more and more apparent that Kobe is a straight up punk.

These guys want to play with Dwayne Wade

HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT THESE EVENTS?????

because of Lamar Odom??????

trust me, youre not going anywhere with a player like Lamar Odom

I don't want Rasual starting. He's too inconsistent for my likings, I don't really see much in him but hey prove me wrong.

454155[/snapback]

He hasn't had a chance to prove himself. He's shown signs that he could be a good player when given the chance. Remember when he PWNED Washington 2 times last year in his first few games back? He's also a great shooter, something Caron wasn't. Caron's threes were always so flat. With Shaq in there, he's gonna kick it out sometimes and Rasual is a guy who can knock down shots in bunches when given the chance. It's not like he's gonna be a star or anything. He's gonna be a good role player. If it doesn't work, start Kukoc. (Assuming we sign him.)

454160[/snapback]

yeah, if he works on his shooting then he'll be fine. he has a smooth j and a nice drive to the basket but he has gotta hit those shots if he wants to be a starter.

^^^^Exactly,i love lamar more than anyone. but the fact is with him and caron we are just eastern conf contenders not title contenders. add a legit big man like blount and we might be eastern conf contenders, maybe a lil more. add shaq and were instant title contenders. u all hate how we lost young talent. well we unloaded a s***load of over paid players in grant,and even though odom did good last year by everyone elses standards we overpaid for him. so u lose 2 big contracts and when shaqs gone we have rougly over 40 mill in cap to sign 2 max contracts(2 best players available period). i see no downside here. just lots of money for the future and shaq now.

he is talking about buying out his contract

also, there is a possibility that the Lakers may even release him out right

he is due to make something like 9 million next year after he exercised his player option for this year

now that Shaq is officially gone with Malone likely to follow. Dont be shocked to see the Lakers grant Payton's request to rescind the contract

agree. at first the malone to heat rumors were just that. but since the official word that shaq would come here started,malone has been quoted sayin he would like to come down and give it one more shot to win a title down here. i say welcome to the PF position mr malone.he still has some game left in him.

Wade

rasual

eddie

malone

shaq

to be honest with you, I really dont want Payton anyways

he has attitude issues that we dont need or want

his performance isnt really that great these days anyways

and he would take touches away from Dwayne Wade

Id rather have a PG who doesnt require shots and keeps his mouth shut

honestly, Id rather have Derek Fisher or someone like that

I AM however excited about the possibility of getting Karl Malone as long as his knee is sound

Malone solves our PF issue. remember, when he was healthy he was still good for 18 points and 10 boards a game

Plus, he is one of the top 3 players in the NBA for the pick and roll game (the other two being KG and Duncan)

The thought of Wade and Malone playing the pick and roll two man game with Shaq in the middle gets me really excited

Payton isn't the best person to have when you wanna rebuild that chemistry from last year. He's just gonna whine that he's not getting the ball enough.

I'd take him plainly just because of his point guard skills but I won't be overly disappointed if it doesn't work out.

Payton isn't the best person to have when you wanna rebuild that chemistry from last year. He's just gonna whine that he's not getting the ball enough.

I'd take him plainly just because of his point guard skills but I won't be overly disappointed if it doesn't work out.

454389[/snapback]

Word.

Payton is a cry baby, who just isn't needed at the team. While I don't like Malone, his attitude is much better.

if im not mistaken, payton just has a player option for this upcoming season if he wants to return to the lakers. he has said he'll exercise it, but i'm sure he could pass and sign with another team.

that said, i really dont want payton. he blames it on the triangle, but he really looked like s*** last year. we need a PG, but payton's not the guy.

no to KM... the man is done with......

No to payton unless he comes off the bench......

NO NO NO NO NO

yes to Tony K..... the man cna still ball.....

pg. Wade

Sg. "sry azz Jones"

SF. D.Wright da high schooler needs to start... 30 points in a summa game in his debut?

PF. Tony K

Shaq

Pistons and Pacers who?????

we winning 60-65 games with this line up

2004 Heat = 2003 Lakers (sub Wade for Bryant)

454261[/snapback]

i'm sorry but that has got to be the stupidest statement of the week furman.

454303[/snapback]

How so?

As I cleared up in a later post, I did not mean talent-wise. I meant, as in team to hate. It sucks to see a team trade for a championship like that. I mean, Miami was bringin this team up themselves. Drafting Wade. Drafting Butler. Grant and Jones have been there awhile.

Then they trade it all for the one superstar. I can't fault Miami. Hell, what team would NOT want Shaq? Doesn't mean I have to like the Heat now (not like I ever did). Prepare to see the bandwagon get loaded down.....

hence the Lakers 03 = Heat 04 statement.

SF. D.Wright da high schooler needs to start... 30 points in a summa game in his debut?

454558[/snapback]

I don't know if that's a good point. He was playing against a bunch of inexperienced nobodies basically, it's not like he dropped 30 against some high caliber team. Plus, he also had a lot of TO's.

He's not ready to start just yet, he definitely needs to bulk up. Shaq, his own teammate, is gonna run him over him on accident.

SF. D.Wright? da? high? schooler? needs? to? start...? 30? points? in a summa game? in? his? debut?

454558[/snapback]

I don't know if that's a good point. He was playing against a bunch of inexperienced nobodies basically, it's not like he dropped 30 against some high caliber team. Plus, he also had a lot of TO's.

He's not ready to start just yet, he definitely needs to bulk up. Shaq, his own teammate, is gonna run him over him on accident.

454566[/snapback]

actually heatgirl ive pondered this for a while. I could see wright gettin the start at SF this year for a couple reason. 1. its not the same team anymore,u can start wright and get away with it with shaq.with our other team u couldnt. we had players that could play that position. riley has shown that u grow from starting ur first year(wade,Butler).WE dont need anymore shooters at SF which is what Rasual is we already have eddie on the floor to take care of the wing shooting.rasual should be eddies backup. Like ive said B4 by the time season starts with the heats workout program wright body will be near,or NBA ready.the kid is a slasher and ball handler and is what this team needs without a backup PG and no more odom and buter(slashers). u could very well see Wright starting this year and I for one love the idea. the kid is a stud

You guys act like Wright is going to have a great season without any doubts because he scored 30 points in a summer league game.

Abe Nunez ring a bell?

I seriously doubt he contributes much this year and I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong.

455026[/snapback]

were not sayin based on one game, im saying start him based on potential.should he shine out of high skool like amare stoudamire or as good as Bosh did last year,thats enough for me this year.i beleive should he get the chance to start he will be a 13 ppg player

You guys act like Wright is going to have a great season without any doubts because he scored 30 points in a summer league game.

Abe Nunez ring a bell?

I seriously doubt he contributes much this year and I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong.

455026[/snapback]

were not sayin based on one game, im saying start him based on potential.should he shine out of high skool like amare stoudamire or as good as Bosh did last year,thats enough for me this year.i beleive should he get the chance to start he will be a 13 ppg player

455028[/snapback]

Bosh went to college for a year. The transition from high school is not an easy one.