Who Would you rather get?

TealMonster

im goin with walker.

1. he plays GREAT Defense.

2. OF, he can play right, and cabs can go to left. AND PIERRE CAN STAY IN CF.

3. offense, i think walker will put up better numbers then finley for the 2nd half.

and alot of people speculate weather walker can stay healthy. i think he will remain healthy. im not that worried about it.

I rather get Walker because he would go str8 to RF and Cabrera would go to left and they both have cannons for arms. also I would move conine to first and bench choi cause conine is looking better at the plate then choi.

JP CF

Castillo 2B

Lowell 3B

Walker RF Put the Lefty between the 2 righties

Cabrera LF

Conine 1B

Gonzo SS

Redman C

Pitcher

WALKER!!!!!! :thumbup

1. he plays GREAT Defense.

477740[/snapback]

correction, he did play great defense in his prime. Now he's just average.

2. OF, he can play right, and cabs can go to left. AND PIERRE CAN STAY IN CF.

As I said earlier, what's the big deal? We wouldn't get burned by Pierre's weak arm as much in left as we do in center. Finley's a former gold glove center fielder he can get the job done.

3. offense, i think walker will put up better numbers then finley for the 2nd half.

If he stays healthy he probably will, but the chances of him staying healthy aren't that good.

and alot of people speculate weather walker can stay healthy. i think he will remain healthy. im not that worried about it.

Well thanks for clearing that up, the choice is obviously Walker now that you say so. :plain

Besides all that, the most important factor with Walker is the money. Walker is going to command a good portion of money next season, and that's money that we just can't afford to take on if we want to have any chance at signing Pavano or Benitez this offseason.

i vote for Admin Walker, if we can get them to pick up some salary (which i think they would). he's the kind of player who can make a difference. even if Finley comes over here and plays well, he will only be performing the way we hoped Conine would perform this year, and Conine at his best would not be a very imposing #5 hitter. Walker at #3 or #5 changes this offense. the injuries are scary, but ask yourself this - will getting Finley help us win the World Series? it might get us the NL East, but we need to see some big offensive changes in order to win the Series. that will only come with taking a risk on Walker.

also, to all of you out there who want Finley because he's going to be gone after this year, consider this - we are going to be giving up some pretty solid prospects in order to get whoever we end up bringing over here. personally, if we are sending away Stokes and Murphy (the two names i've heard recently), i'd rather get a player who will be around next year too.

oh, and one more thing....Conine is 38 years old. he's no spring chicken, and we've got him signed through next year too. going from Conine to Walker actually makes this team younger by one year.

ill take walker, if he stays healthy and we can get colorado to pay most of his contract, he is the perfect fit for this team.

477770[/snapback]

Colorado's reason for trading Walker would be to get rid of his salary. It would be pointless for them to trade him and then eat most of the contract. If we were to get them to do that, we would probably have to give up 4 or 5 of our best prospects and that just wouldn't be worth it considering Walker's injury problems.

So no matter what if we do trade for Walker he will be a burden come off-season, and a huge burden if he continues to have injury problems.

also, to all of you out there who want Finley because he's going to be gone after this year, consider this - we are going to be giving up some pretty solid prospects in order to get whoever we end up bringing over here. personally, if we are sending away Stokes and Murphy (the two names i've heard recently), i'd rather get a player who will be around next year too.

477772[/snapback]

I have my doubts as do many other people as to whether Stokes will even make it to the big leagues. If he doesn't become a more disciplined hitter he may just be another Rob Stratton. As for Murphy, you might want to check his stats for this year, he's not that great.

Between those two, Finley.

I don't think the offense needs a big jolt, just more depth. Even if he falls off his pace in the second staff Finley gives us a speedy lefthanded bat capable of playing all three outfield positions.

Anyways the worse thing for a low revenue team is a big salary on the DL, and I'm not sold on your prediction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.