KEEP JEFF CONINE IN MIAMI

WildMarlinMan2003

Am I the only one who will be heart broken to see Conine leave the Marlins? Yes we HAVE to get another bat but DON'T trade Niner or Choi. Niner and Choi can platoon and we can trade prospects! Let Conine finish his career in a Marlins uni! He is clutch in the playoffs!

480723[/snapback]

I really believe that Conine is hitting his stride, and there is one reason I feel this way. The man is putting up better at bats. He's fouling off pitches when he gets down, and cutting down on the strikeouts. At this point I'd really like us to go out and get a guy like Rob Mackowiak. A guy who will be pretty cheap compared to Finley/Walker, and make our main priority the bullpen.

Guest Guest

Am I the only one who will be heart broken to see Conine leave the Marlins?

480723[/snapback]

:plain Yes, you will be the only one.

let me bring up a scenario from last year. At this time, a lot of members of this board were asking for the FO to go out and get a guy like Rondell White, and send Cabrera back down to the minors. Well, needless to say that didn't happen and in the end we were all glad that that didn't happen. Maybe it will be the same situation with Conine this year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.