Hey Cape, let me give you some FACTS....

dawg31

I read your trash talk regr Penny, as usual, you speak without knowing facts. As far as Brad being in it for the money, the Marlins were approached by Brads agent before the season began to try to work a deal to sign him for a 3-4 yr deal for a WHOLE LOT LESS than he ever would have mad thru arbitration, they sd no, when he started off so strong, then they came to him and sd ok, we will do it now if you will make it happen, so he sd no. Not one player on the field, is out there for any reason other than the love of the game, their talent and THE MONEY. It is a business, for the owners as well as the players. As far as Brad and Jack having a problem, only once, when Jack and Rosey took him out of the rotation and told the other team members before telling Brad. Jack actually told Brad he respected him for standing up for himself. One of the 1st phone calls Brad recvd after his debut with the dodgers was from Jack, he told Brad how proud he was of him and that he really loved Brad. Josh Beckett on the other hand, trashes Jack every chance he gets, yet you have no problem with that. I sat with a member of Jacks family at the mets game who told me Josh gives Jack alot of crap, all the time. But then again, he is your golden boy, he is the one to save the Marlins. Well, I hope soon that he lives up to his potential. I am glad Brad was traded. The fans and the organization has made him feel so welcome, and they see what Brad brings to the team. You guys never did.

Don't take a cheap shot at this fantastic organization. Bradley is a great player and a fine man, we are all sad to see him go., but we feel we treated him fairly and with the respect a franchise victory leader deserves. And that contract situation you mentioned was much more complicated than you make it seem.

Guest Jack1

I am happy for Brad and he is much better off out of this organization.

Beckett is the golden boy but he unfortunately often comes off as a spoiled rotten brat. That probably gets old to the other guys (and coaches) on the team.

I read your trash talk regr Penny, as usual, you speak without knowing facts. As far as Brad being in it for the money, the Marlins were approached by Brads agent before the season began to try to work a deal to sign him for a 3-4 yr deal for a WHOLE LOT LESS than he ever would have mad thru arbitration, they sd no, when he started off so strong, then they came to him and sd ok, we will do it now if you will make it happen, so he sd no. Not one player on the field, is out there for any reason other than the love of the game, their talent and THE MONEY. It is a business, for the owners as well as the players. As far as Brad and Jack having a problem, only once, when Jack and Rosey took him out of the rotation and told the other team members before telling Brad. Jack actually told Brad he respected him for standing up for himself. One of the 1st phone calls Brad recvd after his debut with the dodgers was from Jack, he told Brad how proud he was of him and that he really loved Brad. Josh Beckett on the other hand, trashes Jack every chance he gets, yet you have no problem with that. I sat with a member of Jacks family at the mets game who told me Josh gives Jack alot of crap, all the time. But then again, he is your golden boy, he is the one to save the Marlins. Well, I hope soon that he lives up to his potential. I am glad Brad was traded. The fans and the organization has made him feel so welcome, and they see what Brad brings to the team. You guys never did.

496408[/snapback]

CAPE = PWWNNEEDD

I am glad Brad was traded. The fans and the organization has made him feel so welcome, and they see what Brad brings to the team. You guys never did.

496408[/snapback]

I take exception to that comment. Brad Penny was a vital member of the World Series Champions. His contributions were very much appreciated by all Marlin fans. For you to say he was never welcomed in South Florida is just flat-out wrong. I wish Brad the best in LA - except when he plays the Marlins.

I hope we kick his a$$.

:hat

No one was taking a cheap shot at the Marlins organization, we love the Marlins, and Brad loved the Marlins. I was addressing the comment that cape made saying that Brad was in it only for the money. That was not true, sure the money is an issue, it is a business, for the players and the organization. Even though Brad is gone, I still follow the Marlins and wish them well. I dont want to see anyone on the team do bad, or the team as a whole. Jack is awesome and I hate seeing fans blaming things on him as well. I just get really tired of seeing trash talk about these guys when they dont deserve it.

Dawg31,

I think all Marlin fans appreciated everything that Penny did for us especially watching not only him but all the other players grow as Major League players over the last five years.

Unfortunately, in order to get something good we had to give up something in return.

Good luck to Brad in his new team and thank you very much for 2003.

:hat

No one was taking a cheap shot at the Marlins organization, we love the Marlins, and Brad loved the Marlins. I was addressing the comment that cape made saying that Brad was in it only for the money. That was not true, sure the money is an issue, it is a business, for the players and the organization. Even though Brad is gone, I still follow the Marlins and wish them well. I dont want to see anyone on the team do bad, or the team as a whole. Jack is awesome and I hate seeing fans blaming things on him as well. I just get really tired of seeing trash talk about these guys when they dont deserve it.

496469[/snapback]

Tell Brad he will be greatly missed and some of us wish him the best. I think he is a young underrated pitcher that will continue to improve. I think LA is a great fit for him.

I know that most of you guys did support Brad, and I thank you for that. I tell you, he did leave a piece of his heart there. I have no ill feelings toward the Marlins, even with the trade. I know its business, and actually I really think it will be the best thing ever for Brad. I dont want anyone thinking I was taking shots at the organization, because that was not my intention, they were very good to Brad, he had no complaints. Its the few fans on this board that I get so furious at. Anyway, enough of that. I know you guys will be fine. You have a team full of world series champions and that counts for alot. They will get the kinks worked out and things will turn around, Hey, who ever thought we would do what we did last year???? good luck to everyone, and thanks again. I probably wont be able to stay out of here, I do still follow the Marlins.

I know what ya mean dawg, I'm tired of those who keep "cheap shotting" certain players just because something goes wrong. Brad Penny was great for us, and always will be a great guy no doubt. Don't mind SpamFish, he's given a bit of an "ill feeling" towards Penny, Cabs, Lowell, and a few others - it seems or so I've seen in the posts from SpamFish.

You know, I think the ones doing the major bashing were also complaining about not being able to get anyone to sign balls. Oh well, what goes around, comes around.

496498[/snapback]

I was one who never seems to get anyone from the Marlins to actually stop and sign my team ball I was having but that's no reason to bash someone over it if that was who was bashing him. Penny was a great guy, and in the majority, our pitching staff as a whole are great, Burnett signs often (He signed during rain delays for me), Manzy is great, Bump too. I don't think many starters stay after though, only seen Willis once. Penny should do great in LA, and I expect him to be their ace too.

Brad was awesome for us. He will be missed as a Marlin. Brad has been really good to our fans. I don't see why anyone would bash him. It's not right. I wish Brad the very best in LA. I am sure he will be succeed over there. *hugs to Brad*

Brad was awesome for us. He will be missed as a Marlin. Brad has been really good to our fans. I don't see why anyone would bash him. It's not right. I wish Brad the very best in LA. I am sure he will be succeed over there. *hugs to Brad*

496504[/snapback]

No doubt, definitely low for someone to bash Brad like that, or any Marlin. It'd be funny if one of these days, someone bashes a Marlin and they make a username just to tell them how it really is. That'd be priceless.

Dawg - Are you related or in close contact with Penny? If so wish him well from the true Marlins fans here in S. Florida.

Let's not forget....PENNY won 2 games in the World Series last year....I thought he should have gotten equal billing for CO-MVP.

I will surely miss his tenacity on the mound. He was a great, consistent ace for our team. I really enjoyed watching this team mature into the WS team we saw last year.

I wish Penny and Choi the best in LA....there is a strong chance he will get another ring with the Dodgers this year.

I just hope we have not jeopardized this season by letting him go....I thought it would have made more sense to sign him and let Pav's go in the offseason. I mean Pavano is going to demand more $$$ than Penny through arbitration...Not to mention, I question Pavano and the last 2 yrs (are they a fluke, or is he capable of being a consistent contributor to the rotation on an ongoing basis).

I agree with the idea of trading Beckett ---his prima donna attitude without the ability to back it up can really annoy the fans as well as the coaches and teammates. I enjoyed hearing that he was put in his place over the locker incident. Trade him now while teams see great potential, meanwhile will he ever have a complete injury free year.

I honestly think in LA Brad Penny will become the Ace of the Staff within the next two seasons.

496497[/snapback]

I think he automatically becomes the ace ... whos their ace ?

Nomo? ... certainly not

ishii ... one he learns to keep the ball down and stop walking people

weaver ... has the potential but will never reach it ... or he already did

E.jackson ... too young

O.Perez ... is done

Lima ... its not lima time

496408[/snapback]

1) I don't like Beckett. I say he is a cocky bastard who has done little outside of last season and gets a free pass with many as did Penny for bad performances.

2) I said Penny could never reach his potential in Florida. For whatever reason he needed the change and was glad that the Marlins shipped him off to Los Angeles.

3) For the time he was here, I could not stand the way Brad Penny pitched on the mound personally. Once he lost his cool on a bad call by an umpire or something went wrong like an error, Brad wouldn't last too long out there,

So before you start ranting, realize I don't like Beckett or Penny.

Oh and BTW, I knew Penny used Beckett and Burnett as an excuse for why he could never pitch like a #1 guy with the Marlins. I am so glad they got rid of him. I don't care whether he pitches 3 no hitters and has 5 20-win seasons, because he was never going to do it for us. I doubt he will do it anyway because he has no respect for himself. He can't even keep in shape during the season and he, while here, clearly became OK with himself only being a #3 guy at best.

I don't like mediocrity.

Maybe Penny will change in Los Angeles or wherever he may end up next, but god forbid that team get a true ace because there goes Penny back into his "I can't do better so I shouldn't try to be better" mentality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.