Finally, after fifty years...

Marlins2003

For those of you who marveled at the stellar catch by an aging hippie of Todd Helton's ninth inning upperdeck foul ball, IT WAS ME !!!!!

I've been carrying a glove to every game I've attended since 1954 and tonight I finally had the chance to atone for missing my first attempt as an eight year old boy off the bat of Moose Skowron, he of the hated New York Yankees.

The veil of shame is finally lifted. And to do it with my ten year old son cheering me on made the catch that much sweeter.

Thank you baseball gods, thank you. I can die a happy man.

For those of you who marveled at the stellar catch by an aging hippie of Todd Helton's ninth inning upperdeck foul ball, IT WAS ME !!!!!

I've been carrying a glove to every game I've attended since 1954 and tonight I finally had the chance to atone for missing my first attempt as an eight year old boy off the bat of Moose Skowron, he of the hated New York Yankees.

The veil of shame is finally lifted. And to do it with my ten year old son cheering me on made the catch that much sweeter.

529476[/snapback]

You should sit next to me. I am a ball magnet, I had Alex's Grand Slam against the Phillies hit me on the shoulder. I have also been hit by countless foul balls (one by Dave Berg comes to mind...ouch) and caught more. I stopped bringing my glove hoping the balls wouldn't come my way.

Thats awsome man. I caught 3 batting practice home runs. 2 from todd helton and another by i dont know who. And Pierre also threw the ball he warms up with in the 7th inning to my section (126) and it was kinda high but i jumped and snow coned it. I left with four baseballs lol. The one I caught from Pierre Im getting it signed for sure on Sunday by him :D

529476[/snapback]

I saw the ball fall there. Was kinda far away though. It was around section 455 right?

Congratulations :thumbup

My dad got his first foul ball ever last year during the WS, he said he waited forty years for his and finally got, although it was not on the fly, but no one interferred with the foul, he was like a little kid that night, plus we beat the Yankees that night too :D

Im still looking for my first foul ball though or home run ball considering I sit in the fish tank, but when I was 8 years old, I was in Port Charlotte watching the Orioles vs Rangers in Spring Training, and I was hanging out around the batting cages when Cal Ripken Sr came out and tossed me a ball that Cal Ripken Jr hit and ripped the cover off around the seem, and he told me to wait that his son will be out to sign the ball, I waited and got Cal Ripken Jr autograph :thumbup but ruined when his brother signed it right after him :thumbdown

529476[/snapback]

I saw the ball fall there. Was kinda far away though. It was around section 455 right?

529490[/snapback]

454, front row

Thats awsome man. I caught 3 batting practice home runs. 2 from todd helton and another by i dont know who. And Pierre also threw the ball he warms up with in the 7th inning to my section (126) and it was kinda high but i jumped and snow coned it. I left with four baseballs lol. The one I caught from Pierre Im getting it signed for sure on Sunday by him :D

529485[/snapback]

Cool, JP is the man, section 126 is where I sit, where are you in the section, I sit in row 1 sit 6, just above the WS trophy, in 2002 Andruw Jones caught a ball in front of me and tossed it to me, after I was dogging him the whole game lol

Guest Moneyball

529476[/snapback]

nice catch i saw the catch and said that was an awesome catch. Congrats. i was in sec 150 row 25.

It took me 17 years to catch my first foul ball it was last year Aug 12th. the feeling is unexplainable and when that foul ball is coming to you your concentrating so hard on it that everything else around you isn't happening. after i caught my cell phone starting ringing, friends and girlfriend saw me on tv it was awesome. So i know the feeling Marlins 2003 congratulations.

I can never catch a foul ball, anytime one even comes remotely close to where i'm sitting everyone is standing up shoving each other to get close to where it will land, pshhh. Sitting in the first row anywhere must be nice :) .

In the Giants game two days ago, the bat of JT Snow (I think it was him but forgot) went flying into the stands and it hit some lady in the head and eventually landed in some kids lap. I was sitting right near there... so close, yet so far.

529476[/snapback]

Wow! Congrats!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.