Admin Bowa a Marlin?

RockyMountainMarlin

Guest Juanky

Bench coach...but do you have a link for this? Or just pure speculation...

580633[/snapback]

It was mentioned in the Rosey thread with a quote attached.

Any person who can actually think that Bowa would be a good addition needs their head checked.

Lets go through the lists of sure thing prospects that have developed into stars under him.

List:

580701[/snapback]

The Phillies had many to prospects?

Aside from Ryan Howard that one week I mean.

Any person who can actually think that Bowa would be a good addition needs their head checked.

Lets go through the lists of sure thing prospects that have developed into stars under him.

List:

580701[/snapback]

The Phillies had many to prospects?

Aside from Ryan Howard that one week I mean.

580737[/snapback]

Your freaking hilarious, more like Brett Myers and Marlon Byrd who have been squashed by Bowa.

I thought McKeon and Bowa hated each other.? I know Jack fired him in San Diego.

581011[/snapback]

According to articles they still remain friends :)

581072[/snapback]

Maybe, I'm wrong but I swear I recall hearing that they did not get along last year when we were fighting the Phils for the Wild Card.

Guest Juanky

An article in the Philly Inquirer

Phillies Notes | Bowa will return as ... a Marlin?

By Jim Salisbury and Todd Zolecki

Inquirer Staff Writers

In the days leading up to his firing on Saturday, Admin Bowa promised he would be back in a uniform next year.

Wouldn't it be something if Bowa ended up with the Florida Marlins, the team that caused him so much frustration the last two seasons?

According to a source close to Bowa, the former Phillies skipper already has talked informally with Marlins manager Jack McKeon about joining the staff next season.

The Marlins announced yesterday that three members of their staff - bench coach Doug Davis, bullpen coach Tony Taylor and pitching coach Wayne Rosenthal - would not return.

Bowa could fill one of two roles: bench coach or third-base coach. He is considered one of the best third-base coaches in the business - he's handled the post for the Phillies, Angels and Mariners - and it's possible that the Marlins will shift Jeff Cox, their third-base coach, to the bench.

Bowa also has been mentioned as a coaching candidate for the New York Mets.

He had a conversation with McKeon before leaving Citizens Bank Park on Saturday. The two have known each other for many years. McKeon was the San Diego Padres' general manager during Bowa's ill-fated time as manager in 1987-88.

McKeon's Marlins tormented Bowa's Phillies the last two years. Beginning in July 2003, Florida beat the Phils in 10 of 12 meetings, including four of six in the final two weeks, to win last year's National League wild card.

This season, the Marlins won 11 of their first 12 against the Phillies. The Phils rebounded to go 6-1 in the final seven games against them, including a 10-4 win yesterday.

Joe goes. Pitching coach Joe Kerrigan told the Phillies he would not return in 2005, but the team did not plan to renew his contract anyway.

Kerrigan declined to comment to The Inquirer.

His departure should be well-received by the pitchers. Kerrigan's strong personality rubbed them the wrong way over the last two seasons, although new acquisition Cory Lidle praised the coach for his recent turnaround.

Kerrigan was memorably involved in a shouting match with Brett Myers last season in Montreal. Team insiders confirmed recently that Kerrigan was also involved in a physical confrontation with Tim Worrell in Bowa's office before a game against Florida on April 22.

Some pitchers also have whispered that Kerrigan lost interest in them recently.

Kerrigan must have sensed the end was near. He contacted a programming director at Comcast SportsNet last month about a baseball analyst's job in Chicago.

Extra bases. Coaching changes could be made early this week ... . Bobby Abreu's home run in the third inning gave him 30 for the season. He also finished with 40 stolen bases, the second time in his career he has had a 30-30 season. He is the only Phillies player to do that ... . Shortstop Jimmy Rollins hit a grand slam in the eighth inning, the first of his career ... . The Phillies had a season attendance of 3,250,092 at Citizens Bank Park.

C/O Philadephia Inquirer

God knows he'd do a MUCH better job at third than Jeff "I have a stop sign?" Cox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.