Cabrera 500 club

Yeah, if he stays healthy and keeps progressing. He's already got 45, so he's 455 short. :lol Let's assume he plays until age 38... that's 17 seasons. He's got to average 27 per year or so to reach it. It's safe to say that if he doesn't have any significant decline in performance and any prolonged injury period he will reach 500 rather easily.

If he becomes a monster and averages 40 per season... that's 725 jacks. But it's important not to get ahead of ourselves. :thumbup

Yeah, if he stays healthy and keeps progressing. He's already got 45, so he's 455 short. :lol Let's assume he plays until age 38... that's 17 seasons. He's got to average 27 per year or so to reach it. It's safe to say that if he doesn't have any significant decline in performance and any prolonged injury period he will reach 500 rather easily.

If he becomes a monster and averages 40 per season... that's 725 jacks. But it's important not to get ahead of ourselves. :thumbup

678113[/snapback]

Wouldnt that be the first Marlins Hall of Famer :D

Yeah, he probably would be the first player to go into the HOF as a Marlin.? If the stadium becomes a reality, then I think we'll sign him long term.? We should sign him to a 10 year $120 million contract after the 2008 season and make sure he goes in as a Marlin.? :thumbup

678129[/snapback]

Marlins are starting to spend that money . Expect many fans :jump :drool

Guest markotsay7

Calm yourselves. I'm sure 3 years ago people were asking if Beckett would win 300 games. I bet in the early 90s people said the same about Van Poppel and Brien Taylor. Things happen.

And it's absurd to sign anyone to a 10 year contract, ever.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cabs put up 600-650 home runs, but I don't want to get too optimistic. That's a ginormous number. Then again, I'll take a career BA of .310 500+ HRs 1500 RBI and a half dozen World Series rings.

Calm yourselves. I'm sure 3 years ago people were asking if Beckett would win 300 games. I bet in the early 90s people said the same about Van Poppel and Brien Taylor. Things happen.

678143[/snapback]

Its not good to hate youll end up like this :boxed or this :owned and even this :guillotine :hanged LOL!!

678143[/snapback]

So you think it was absurd to sign Pujos to 10 years and $100 million? I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is that he'll be a FA after the 2009 season, at 26 years old. He *projects* to be better than Beltran at that age, and Beltran got 7 years. I don't think over 7 years is out of the question for a player like Miggy. You don't think the Yankees would offer him 10 years? If we offered him 10 years when he's 25, that keeps him a Marlin until age 34... just a year after the end of his prime and the beginning of his decline. I think that's reasonable.

Also, the people asking if Beckett would win 300 games 3 years ago had no real reason to ask that... Josh has never won more than 9 games in one season. Miggy already has 30hr, 100 rbi, and 100 runs under his belt. This question is more realistic.

678143[/snapback]

So you think it was absurd to sign Pujos to 10 years and $100 million? I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is that he'll be a FA after the 2009 season, at 26 years old. He *projects* to be better than Beltran at that age, and Beltran got 7 years. I don't think over 7 years is out of the question for a player like Miggy. You don't think the Yankees would offer him 10 years? If we offered him 10 years when he's 25, that keeps him a Marlin until age 34... just a year after the end of his prime and the beginning of his decline. I think that's reasonable.

Also, the people asking if Beckett would win 300 games 3 years ago had no real reason to ask that... Josh has never won more than 9 games in one season. Miggy already has 30hr, 100 rbi, and 100 runs under his belt. This question is more realistic.

678174[/snapback]

Yeah What he said :thumbup

678143[/snapback]

So you think it was absurd to sign Pujos to 10 years and $100 million?

678174[/snapback]

well it was 7 years

so bah

:plain

Yeah, he probably would be the first player to go into the HOF as a Marlin. If the stadium becomes a reality, then I think we'll sign him long term. We should sign him to a 10 year $120 million contract after the 2008 season and make sure he goes in as a Marlin. :thumbup

678129[/snapback]

he will easily make the 500 hr club. hopefully he'll be up there with aaron and "steroid' bonds.

Yeah, he probably would be the first player to go into the HOF as a Marlin. If the stadium becomes a reality, then I think we'll sign him long term. We should sign him to a 10 year $120 million contract after the 2008 season and make sure he goes in as a Marlin. :thumbup

678129[/snapback]

he will easily make the 500 hr club. hopefully he'll be up there with aaron and "steroid' bonds.

678367[/snapback]

You're crazy, no player "easily" makes the 500 HR club, it doesn't matter who they are. Even Delgado, who has been playing for 12 seasons and has remained virtually injury throughout his career is a LONG way from 500 with 336.