Marlins' on Steroids?

prinmemito

Why Beckett?

Personally I think its BS to accuse people of taking steroids who have no proof of it.

680236[/snapback]

I am not accusing him of using it... like I said in the beginning, no one jumps out to me. I personally don't think he did use steroids, but if I had to pick some players from the Marlins I think I would go with him. I have no proof... I don't think he did.

About Miggy getting bigger between the playoffs in 2003 and last year... the man went from being 20 years old to 21. He was just growing into his frame and I am sure he worked out hard. He's definitely not on steroids.

Why Beckett?

Personally I think its BS to accuse people of taking steroids who have no proof of it.

680236[/snapback]

I am not accusing him of using it... like I said in the beginning, no one jumps out to me. I personally don't think he did use steroids, but if I had to pick some players from the Marlins I think I would go with him. I have no proof... I don't think he did.

About Miggy getting bigger between the playoffs in 2003 and last year... the man went from being 20 years old to 21. He was just growing into his frame and I am sure he worked out hard. He's definitely not on steroids.

680246[/snapback]

why would u think niner or beckett, however, theres no way miggy? sounds a little biased

Why Beckett?

680236[/snapback]

680246[/snapback]

why would u think niner or beckett, however, theres no way miggy? sounds a little biased

680265[/snapback]

Miggy's growth over the last two years was expected because of his age. I was just throwing names out there... I don't think Beckett or Niner used steroids. We just don't have any guys on this team that yell out "ROIDS USER!" Just forgfet I said those guys' names. I was just curious what people would think given what Jose Canseco has alleged. That's all.

Why Beckett?

680236[/snapback]

680246[/snapback]

680265[/snapback]

Miggy's growth over the last two years was expected because of his age. I was just throwing names out there... I don't think Beckett or Niner used steroids. We just don't have any guys on this team that yell out "ROIDS USER!" Just forgfet I said those guys' names. I was just curious what people would think given what Jose Canseco has alleged. That's all.

680275[/snapback]

lol in my opinion anyone of these players could be using roids. I know that it would suck but i agree with what canseco said more use it than don't

A young guy like Cabrera or Jose Reyes is expected to add muscle to his frame as he begins to grow. It's hard to believe, but these guys are 21-22 and just entering the age where they start to add that muscle. Accusing them of using steroids at an age where they're finally growing into their frames is ridiculous. However, a guy like Barry Bonds who continued to add massive amounts of muscle to his frame as he grew into his 30's is a much more likely candidate. Accusing Cabrera of taking steroids at this point is almost as bad as suggesting Chuck Carr was on the juice.

Steroids would explain why Nunez hit 19 home runs in Spring Training, but then suddenly acted like that never happened once the season started, and sucked unbelievably.

Remember, Cabrera's still young, he hasn't reached his full body potential yet.

As for past Marlins that have used steroids: Benito Santiago, Gary Sheffield, and Armando Almanza. :plain

Guest Moneyball

Steroids would explain why Nunez hit 19 home runs in Spring Training, but then suddenly acted like that never happened once the season started, and sucked unbelievably.

Remember, Cabrera's still young, he hasn't reached his full body potential yet.

As for past Marlins that have used steroids: Benito Santiago, Gary Sheffield, and Armando Almanza. :plain

680301[/snapback]

I wouldn't say OMGNunez did them just because of that. The HR's in ST can be easily explained, he just saw more fastballs and no breaking stuff then he would have in a real season. Ex: Ramon Castro

This is insane. I am by no means saying Cabrera defintily used the juice, i just think that it is stupid to say that he didn't because he is young and growing. I know alot of young people who are growing and don't add weight and mass the way he is. The point is that we have no way of knowing and we shouldn't let ourselves be blinded just because we have an affinity to a particular player. Now that being said i think Antonio Alfonseca is on the juice just look at all those digits he has, that a definate side effect. :mischief2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.