Beckett Injured?

Boog Sciambi

anyone else notice that josh topped out on the radar gun about 85 or 86 and in not one of his pitches did a phillies batter swing and miss.

don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and he's on the dl.

760720[/snapback]

Actually I noticed he was getting it up to 98. Maybe you mistook the '9' for an '8'.

anyone else notice that josh topped out on the radar gun about 85 or 86 and in not one of his pitches did a phillies batter swing and miss.

760720[/snapback]

Actually I noticed he was getting it up to 98. Maybe you mistook the '9' for an '8'.

760725[/snapback]

i was listening and dvh and roxie were sayin gthe same thing

I mean, the reason he wasnt fooling any Phillies today was because he was routinely behind in the counts... they were sitting on fastballs... especially Bobby Abreu

760739[/snapback]

that makes sense if he can't throw strikes with other pitches he's gonna throw the getmeover fastballs and if thats all he can throw for a strike then it dosn't matter whether or not its 80 miles an hour or 100 mph

I knew something like this was coming. A guy has a bad game and suddenly he's hurt. No need to make these assumptions. He didn't have it today. That's all.

760753[/snapback]

no al leiter screwed up royally 2 weeks ago and no one said anything. even dave van horne was like uhhhh

Curious. I don't think (without facts) that there was an injury to Josh.

But, given his ego (which is becoming a mature ego... e.g. Pride) I am sure he wanted to keep up with Burnett and Willis.

Maybe that was the problem. He put too much pressure on himself... didn't relax and do his thing.

I'm sure that was devastating for him. Hopefully, it was a lesson to him.

Whatever that "lesson" might be.

Guest FishFanInPA

Usually after he gets rocked, he's "injured" and needs to go on the DL....fits his personality of I'm great and if i lose then i must be hurt.

Guest Jack1

760720[/snapback]

Remember that these guys had a very late night Saturday night. The weather was miserable and if the Phillies had been up 2 -1, the game would have been called by 10.

I know...I was there and was stupid enough to stay until the bitter end.

I knew something like this was coming. A guy has a bad game and suddenly he's hurt. No need to make these assumptions. He didn't have it today. That's all.

760753[/snapback]

no al leiter screwed up royally 2 weeks ago and no one said anything. even dave van horne was like uhhhh

760770[/snapback]

The expectations aren't there for Leiter, like they are with Beckett. Leiter has a bad game and it's just a bad game. Beckett, Willis, or Burnett have a bad game and suddenly something must be wrong. He didn't have it...It happens.