Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about Chris Resop?

Featured Replies

Congrats on another solid relief outing

 

seems like just last week you were having one of the most unfortunate major league debuts ever... oh wait, it was

 

keep up the good work Chris :thumbup

Congrats on another solid relief outing

 

seems like just last week you were having one of the most unfortunate major league debuts ever... oh wait, it was

 

keep up the good work Chris :thumbup

845034[/snapback]

 

Mav, the kid really looked great out there didn't he?!! He appears to be the real deal. Makes Beinfest's job alot easier in the next three weeks if he keeps this up.

Great outing...if Santos and Resop can continue to perform well that definitely takes out the need to go out and get someone trade deadline, not to mention a healthy AA back in August would be the equivalent of a trade anyways.

 

Loved the way he walked off the mound after the K in the 8th...kid has some confidence it seems

Resop showed alot of improvement from his debut. 4 K's and only 1 hit.. We might not see him for a couple of days, but he I think he'll get more chances to pitch.

Wow...VDLS, Resop, Mota, Mecir & Jones...the pen is really starting to shape up. Adding AA and another arm bodes well for the second half.

 

:thumbup

Great outing...if Santos and Resop can continue to perform well that definitely takes out the need to go out and get someone trade deadline, not to mention a healthy AA back in August would be the equivalent of a trade anyways.

 

Loved the way he walked off the mound after the K in the 8th...kid has some confidence it seems

845054[/snapback]

I still like the AJ for Sheffield trade.

I had no idea he had that kind of gas in his tank to be able to go and throw almost 3 dominant innings. I thought he was a 1 inning type of guy...

 

very impressive

I had no idea he had that kind of gas in his tank to be able to go and throw almost 3 dominant innings. I thought he was a 1 inning type of guy...

 

very impressive

845067[/snapback]

 

Frankly I was surprised too, as much with the kid as with Jack. I'm surprised he pushed him like that but I guess he wanted to see what the kid was made of, and he rose to the ocassion. Those were major league strikeouts too.

I had no idea he had that kind of gas in his tank to be able to go and throw almost 3 dominant innings. I thought he was a 1 inning type of guy...

 

very impressive

845067[/snapback]

 

Frankly I was surprised too, as much with the kid as with Jack. I'm surprised he pushed him like that but I guess he wanted to see what the kid was made of, and he rose to the ocassion. Those were major league strikeouts too.

845077[/snapback]

I don't know if he's ever pitched more than 2 innings in his professional career until today.

Real encouraging outing from the kid- if he can keep it up, that's one less worry spot (or one less player that needs replaced in a worry spot).

Can anyone belive this kid converted from OF around this time last year in LOW A ball? Great job.

845167[/snapback]

 

It's a great story my dear friend Mr. Shamster. Do you know who suggested the change and how it came about?

Marlins2003, apparently the Marlins suggested it.

 

Barron Collier graduate Chris Resop stepped off the visiting team's bus to true home fans.

 

"I've known this kid since he was nine-years-old," says his Little League coach Lee Hansen. " It's emotional. To see a little kid nine-years-old in the big-league uniform...it's special."

 

Chris says that he remembers those days too. When he watched games at Hammond Stadium.

 

Four years ago Resop was drafted as an outfielder. Last year the Marlins came to him and suggested a switch to pitcher.

 

"He called me up one day and says, 'Dad, I think I'm done,'" recalls Tom Resop. "I said, 'What do you mean, done?' 'Well, they don't want me to hit anymore.' I said, 'Pack your bags, come home, and go back to school.'"

 

Chris adds, "I got called in and they said, 'Would you consider pitching? Have you thought about it?' I said, 'No, I haven't thought about it. I'm an outfielder.' He said, 'We're gonna make you a pitcher anyway.' I was like, all-right. I called my dad, I called my agent, and said, 'I need a glove right now.'"

 

Chris is probably at least a year away from the Major Leagues. But now his family and friends can say that they've seen him pitch in a big-league game.

 

Link

Thanks Admin,I think I saw that, but what I'm really curious "who" in the organization was the person (or people) alluded to in the story.

 

If you get a chance to interview him for marlinbaseball.com, I hope you'll ask the question.

 

(the above goes for Maverick too)

  • Author

Thanks Admin,I think I saw that, but what I'm really curious "who" in the organization was the person (or people) alluded to in the story.

 

If you get a chance to interview him for marlinbaseball.com, I hope you'll ask the question.

 

(the above goes for Maverick too)

845187[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but the name escapes me right now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.