MVP Baseball 2005

Admin

Well i've found were hot rod todds trade ideas are coming from

867388[/snapback]

Actually no, I dont make trades on MVP. I keep the team as it actually is. And all the trade ideas I submit are feasible, not one is outlandish or undoable(except the AJ for Pavano, Henn, and Duncan but that was a joke lol).

Guest FishFanInPA

Well i've found were hot rod todds trade ideas are coming from

867388[/snapback]

Actually no, I dont make trades on MVP. I keep the team as it actually is. And all the trade ideas I submit are feasible, not one is outlandish or undoable(except the AJ for Pavano, Henn, and Duncan but that was a joke lol).

867601[/snapback]

Just because you say so doesnt mean we'll believe it....keep bringing up these proposals and maybe one day a GM will be drunk and agree.

You need to edit his stats to be realistic since EA makes him horrible at defense.

867219[/snapback]

How do you do that?

867233[/snapback]

Team Management --> Rosters --> Create/Edit Player, then find him and change his defence, I believe when you start it is rated at 50, i made it 70, but I'm in year 2 and he progressed to 75

btw the other day I got OFFERED a trade on MVP: Darin Erstad for Chris Aguila, I had enough money so obviously I did it, and traded enc for some bullpen arms

I traded off alot of my more experienced players. Found people that matched up height and weight wise to guys in our minor league system, and edited their ages. I now have a full farm stocked with our actual players to call on(Vargas and Olsen are already in the rotation :thumbup )

On a side note, Josh Willingham is hitting extremely well for me...he has made 1 start, and has pinch hit twice, and he is 1 for 2 with 7 rbi. The 1 hit he has was a grand slam, and the game he started he hit 3 sac flies(gave me the only offense I needed...against Philly actually, and they scored once, on a sac fly, it was kind of weird).

On a side note, Josh Willingham is hitting extremely well for me...he has made 1 start, and has pinch hit twice, and he is 1 for 2 with 7 rbi. The 1 hit he has was a grand slam, and the game he started he hit 3 sac flies(gave me the only offense I needed...against Philly actually, and they scored once, on a sac fly, it was kind of weird).

869753[/snapback]

:lol thats funny..

of course you couldve had a 3-run groundout instead of 3 sac flies..you hit it on the ground into the left field corner, and Willingham trips and gets injured, and all 3 runs score but willingham is out..

and thats not really hitting "extremely" well though..2 official AB's..

On a side note, Josh Willingham is hitting extremely well for me...he has made 1 start, and has pinch hit twice, and he is 1 for 2 with 7 rbi.? The 1 hit he has was a grand slam, and the game he started he hit 3 sac flies(gave me the only offense I needed...against Philly actually, and they scored once, on a sac fly, it was kind of weird).

869753[/snapback]

:lol thats funny..

of course you couldve had a 3-run groundout instead of 3 sac flies..you hit it on the ground into the left field corner, and Willingham trips and gets injured, and all 3 runs score but willingham is out..

and thats not really hitting "extremely" well though..2 official AB's..

869769[/snapback]

More than he's got in real life this season lol :p And Willingham is my starting 1B right now because Delgado and Stokes both had minor injuries(Delgado got hurt, I called up Stokes, his first game, he gets injured, it is frustrating). Willingham is a beast behind the plate tho and I dont get it, I have nailed 14 for 14 base stealing attempts with him. EA has his defensive parameters set way too high. And he has more at bats now, now he is hitting .125

If you are just beginning your dynasty or owner's mode, here are three must get players for your future.

1. RF Wes Krukow from Giants

2. 1B Greg Rushton from Giants

3. SS Khalil Greene from Padres

As I go on with my franchise, I will give you more advice to improve your team so all Marlins owners on the game can have great success in the future.

More than he's got in real life this season lol :p And Willingham is my starting 1B right now because Delgado and Stokes both had minor injuries(Delgado got hurt, I called up Stokes, his first game, he gets injured, it is frustrating). Willingham is a beast behind the plate tho and I dont get it, I have nailed 14 for 14 base stealing attempts with him. EA has his defensive parameters set way too high. And he has more at bats now, now he is hitting .125

869777[/snapback]

That's about what Willy hit for me in his brief stint with the big club. Beckett is really struggling for me. He's 6-7 with an ERA in the 4's and has given up like 25 homers this year. AJ has been pretty dominant and Dontrelle has pitched really well recently, kind of the reverse of the actual season. Besides that, a lot of the players are pretty close to their season stats, namely Cabs, Carlos, and Enc.

More than he's got in real life this season lol :p And Willingham is my starting 1B right now because Delgado and Stokes both had minor injuries(Delgado got hurt, I called up Stokes, his first game, he gets injured, it is frustrating).? Willingham is a beast behind the plate tho and I dont get it, I have nailed 14 for 14 base stealing attempts with him.? EA has his defensive parameters set way too high.? And he has more at bats now, now he is hitting .125

869777[/snapback]

That's about what Willy hit for me in his brief stint with the big club. Beckett is really struggling for me. He's 6-7 with an ERA in the 4's and has given up like 25 homers this year. AJ has been pretty dominant and Dontrelle has pitched really well recently, kind of the reverse of the actual season. Besides that, a lot of the players are pretty close to their season stats, namely Cabs, Carlos, and Enc.

871410[/snapback]

I dont have Enc, my lineup is the same as it really is except Hermida in right, and my rotation is Beckett, Willis, Olsen, Moehler, and Vargas. Doing well.