Marlins

PositiveHype

Well, I was out of town over the weekend and couldn't follow anything so I can't critique Jack McKeon's decision making, even in the game in which they scored less than 3 runs again (which makes them 3 and 29 in those games). I also, haven't been able to check on anything because I returned to the classroom today to set up for the new year.

So, I'll say this from a currently blind point of view. The Marlins are winning and if they can keep this current pace, they still have a shot at the playoffs, in particular the division title. Although, to win the division, they probably are going to have to knock the Braves down themselves becuase I really don't think that any of the other NL East teams are going to be able to beat them from this point on. The fish may also need at least 1 head-to-head sweep against them.

Anyway, the Marlins have won 9 out of 12 and I'll take that. I still would prefer the 10 game winning streak method over the taking 2 out of 3 method. But, the rule of thumb is "never look a gift horse in the mouth." So, I'm not going to look in this horse's (or fish) mouth nor am I going to question any of Jack or Bill Robinson's decisions while the fish are still winning and climbing.

Let's go fish...Let's go fish!!!

Go Marlins!!!

:thumbup :D :notworthy

You reference the Marlins having a dismal record when failing to score 3 runs or more...this seems like a rather obvious stat...don't most teams have poor records when they fail to score 3 runs or more? I was wondering if you might have some statistics to back up this "problem" the Marlins are having.

Also, I you can correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm pretty sure the Marlins have not won a single game this year when they have scored less than one run!

:whistle

These series agains the Cardinals, and the next one against the Cincinnati Reds are very crucial for the Marlins. In order to keep up, they're going to have to atleast even up 2-2 with the Cardinals, and win the series at Cincinnati.

The Braves are looking very good, with their recent returns of C. Jones, T-Hud, and Hampton, they are going to be the team to beat in the NL East.

However, the Marlins most legitimate shot is in the Wild Card, where the hot Astros lead us by just two games. The Nationals are in second, but that team is crumbling quickly.

The division is going to be tough to snatch from the Braves, but the Wild Card will be an interesting battle.

You reference the Marlins having a dismal record when failing to score 3 runs or more...this seems like a rather obvious stat...don't most teams have poor records when they fail to score 3 runs or more? I was wondering if you might have some statistics to back up this "problem" the Marlins are having.

Also, I you can correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm pretty sure the Marlins have not won a single game this year when they have scored less than one run!

885202[/snapback]

Well, maybe I wasn't too clear about what I was trying to state about that part. I wasn't complaining that the Marlins should have a better record in those games. It's just me writing it to more-or-less give an idea how much of an impact that the problem has had on our teams position in the standings. To clarify, my complaint is that they have scored less than 3 runs in 32 of our 103 games. That's just too high a percentage of games for this to be happening in.

However, I attempted to be positive in my post with the rest of what I wrote.

I think that John Kruk said it best; The Marlins can be a dangerously dominant team if they make the postseason.

You reference the Marlins having a dismal record when failing to score 3 runs or more...this seems like a rather obvious stat...don't most teams have poor records when they fail to score 3 runs or more?? I was wondering if you might have some statistics to back up this "problem" the Marlins are having.

885202[/snapback]

Well, maybe I wasn't too clear about what I was trying to state about that part. I wasn't complaining that the Marlins should have a better record in those games. It's just me writing it to more-or-less give an idea how much of an impact that the problem has had on our teams position in the standings. To clarify, my complaint is that they have scored less than 3 runs in 32 of our 103 games. That's just too high a percentage of games for this to be happening in.

I think that John Kruk said it best; The Marlins can be a dangerously dominant team if they make the postseason.

885258[/snapback]

I did a quick review of the Cardinals schedule and it appears that the mighty cardinals have scored 3 or less runs 30 times so far this season...I might be off by a game or two...but whatever, I don't think the statistic you refer to is that meaningful. Every team is going to run into good pitching and sporatic batting slumps...it's part of the game.

You reference the Marlins having a dismal record when failing to score 3 runs or more...this seems like a rather obvious stat...don't most teams have poor records when they fail to score 3 runs or more?? I was wondering if you might have some statistics to back up this "problem" the Marlins are having.

885202[/snapback]

885258[/snapback]

I did a quick review of the Cardinals schedule and it appears that the mighty cardinals have scored 3 or less runs 30 times so far this season...I might be off by a game or two...but whatever, I don't think the statistic you refer to is that meaningful. Every team is going to run into good pitching and sporatic batting slumps...it's part of the game.

885274[/snapback]

So what you're saying is that everyone throughout the nation that has pointed out the Marlins hitting woes is innacurrate in their assessments? I guess that the problem is that they aren't dominating teams the way that they should when they score more than 3 runs per game. The fish are 51 and 20 in those games. I thought that was pretty good. What are the Cardinals doing when they score more than 2 runs? I can't do a search where I am, but according to your information, I guess that the Cards must be playing at about a .900 clip when they score more than 2 runs per game. Oh, and by the way, most of those games that I mentioned about the fish were prior to the All-Star break. I think that they have had only 2 since.

Anyways, why am I having to go over this? I only complain when something needs to be said. Right now, although I still disagree with the way Jack and his coaches run the team, I can't complain because they are in a good groove and are finally starting to look like the team that they were expected to be.

Let's go fish...Let's go fish!!!

Go Marlins!!!

Holy Crap the world is coming to an end. PositiveHype with something positive! Oh dear god, help us now!

885198[/snapback]

885202[/snapback]

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ...bandwagoner :plain

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ...bandwagoner :plain

885372[/snapback]

Let me see, Malman has been here since August, 2002 (member #32) and rorod has been here since ooooh what is it, July 2005 (member #2,347) and the latter is calling the former a "bandwagoner".

Wow !!! Absolutely freakin' WOW !!!! :brigginbounce

:notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ...bandwagoner :plain

885372[/snapback]

Let me see, Malman has been here since August, 2002 (member #32) and rorod has been here since ooooh what is it, July 2005 (member #2,347) and the latter is calling the former a "bandwagoner".

885397[/snapback]

I don't like to do it, but I've placed a few members who's posts never added anything to my ignore list, and I must say it's made reading the boards more enjoyable.

Monday's win was huge. I have been as pesimistic as anyone in this forum and have not fully bought into our trio of series wins versus inferior teams. I said going into this series that a split would be huge. I expect a win from AJ over Suppan in Game 4. Games 2&3 could go either way, so game 1 was very important. The Cards had the edge in the pitching matchup...and they had the lead in the game. I'd like 2 of the next three games but 1 of 3 is a split vs. the Cards in St. Louis and that is a very positive sign.

A win tonight vs Carpenter would be a major boost..and get the Cards thinking.

:notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy ...bandwagoner :plain

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

I think he was calling out PositiveHype, not Malman.

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

885423[/snapback]

Then why would he use a Malman post to make his comment?

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

885423[/snapback]

Then why would he use a Malman post to make his comment?

885426[/snapback]

He used mine as well, that was calling out PositiveHype.

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

885423[/snapback]

When have I been a bandwagoner? I have never hated the fish and if you look at my posts, I still say that I disagree with Jack and his coaching staff's handling of the team, but won't say much because they are winning right now. How is this jumping on a bandwagon? I was driving it since we got a team down here and I was just hoping to throw this coaching staff off before the wagon came to a hault this season.

I stick with the fish and bleed teal and will criticize anything that I don't like to see and will celebrate when it's deserving.

Whew...some of you guys confuse me. If you want, refer to me as being like Randy Quaid's character in the "Major League" movies, but don't call me a bandwagoner.

:mad

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

885423[/snapback]

When have I been a bandwagoner? I have never hated the fish and if you look at my posts, I still say that I disagree with Jack and his coaching staff's handling of the team, but won't say much because they are winning right now. How is this jumping on a bandwagon? I was driving it since we got a team down here and I was just hoping to throw this coaching staff off before the wagon came to a hault this season.

I stick with the fish and bleed teal and will criticize anything that I don't like to see and will celebrate when it's deserving.

Whew...some of you guys confuse me. If you want, refer to me as being like Randy Quaid's character in the "Major League" movies, but don't call me a bandwagoner.

885436[/snapback]

And by the way, I'm a fan that actually goes to the game and doesn't sit at home, gathering dust, on a heavy-duty couch or recliner, exercizing my remote control hand (double meaning).

Any way...

let's go fish!!!

hey malman im sorry if i offended you but i wasnt calling you a band wagoner. i put the :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy symbols to give props to you and beinfest4prez's comments. the bandwagon comment was directed to positive hype who is never positive. i mean when the team is losing everyone is a problem but as soon as they start to win he comes running back praising the team. and marlin man2003 see what happens when people start talking about things they dont know everything about

hey malman im sorry if i offended you but i wasnt calling you a band wagoner. i put the :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy symbols to give props to you and beinfest4prez's comments. the bandwagon comment was directed to positive hype who is never positive. i mean when the team is losing everyone is a problem but as soon as they start to win he comes running back praising the team. and marlin man2003 see what happens when people start talking about things they dont know everything about

885471[/snapback]

No offense taken...

Go Fish!

885372[/snapback]

885397[/snapback]

885423[/snapback]

885436[/snapback]

And by the way, I'm a fan that actually goes to the game and doesn't sit at home, gathering dust, on a heavy-duty couch or recliner, exercizing my remote control hand (double meaning).

Any way...

let's go fish!!!

885440[/snapback]

Negativity, it's all the rage :thumbup