Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Madden 2006 thread

Featured Replies

hell ya i cant wait...im leavin at 1130 to get to the mall by 1145 to wait for my copy...n then no sleep for me...8 straight hours of MADDEN 2006

I'm interested to see how the new "QB look" feature works. But, I won't get it for another week. Gotta' keep my priorities straight.

According to IGN this is the first Madden to "fail to outdo itself". What a coincidence that this comes during the same year that there is no 2k football game to compete against.

According to IGN this is the first Madden to "fail to outdo itself". What a coincidence that this comes during the same year that there is no 2k football game to compete against.

893101[/snapback]

 

 

Kinda expected it to happen. Now that they don't have any direct competition, EA probably thinks that they are going to be able to slap on a new roster and slightly improve the graphics every year and people will buy it. While they are probably mostly right, smart gamers might want to hold off for a year or two if things get really bad.

 

 

As for me, EA was hoping to get all of those people who bought the 2k games the past year to pick up Madden, well I can tell you that this is one guy they will NEVER get to buy it.

im buying it this year

 

 

but i aint leaving my house to go buy the game at midnight, i can wait till tommorow or wednesday.

I was considering the midnight thing, since that's only about noon on my schedule.

 

But, I've decided I'd rather wait and swoop in and get it in 5 minutes tomorrow. I have it reserved, so it'll be there.

 

 

And I can already tell I'll be turning off the passing cones, too much button pushing nonsense for my liking.

Don't think it's been mentioned previously but Madden 2005 dropped it's price to $29.95 to compete with NFL 2K5. With the exclusive license, Madden 2006 is back to it's original (price gouging ways) $49.95.

According to IGN this is the first Madden to "fail to outdo itself". What a coincidence that this comes during the same year that there is no 2k football game to compete against.

893101[/snapback]

Should have expected it though. No competition, so nothing to really compare it to.

The new features this year are a joke. As I said I don't want to play the sims, I want a football game.

 

I'm not buying this for the first time in awhile but if enough people agree with me, the monopoly contract is thrown out.

between MVP and NCAA i can wait on Madden

The new features this year are a joke. As I said I don't want to play the sims, I want a football game.

 

I'm not buying this for the first time in awhile but if enough people agree with me, the monopoly contract is thrown out.

894790[/snapback]

I've been buying Maddens for the past few years, but I really think they've dropped the ball this year. Gonna rent it and if it isn't as good as it should be, decide to do the same as you. MVP has been good, though I don't want to overplay it due to no MVP 06.

I prefer NHL 2001 sadly enough

I played it today at my friends house for about two games and saw the whole franchise lay out

 

50 bucks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madden 06

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.