Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Official Matt Treanor is A Baller Thread

Featured Replies

I couldn't find a picture of that monster tag he put at the plate, but he was nailed and held on for a huge play when it counted.

 

Matt, you are the man. Thanks to you I have three Papa John's pizzas.

:thumbup

:notworthy

great play by Treanor, he awesome defensively, not only on that play but on other he has made and calling the game. He just needs to work on hitting...

great play by Treanor, he awesome defensively, not only on that play but on other he has made and calling the game. He just needs to work on hitting...

901004[/snapback]

 

Which is why he's the perfect backup catcher. Offense is secondary in that role.

I thought it was shaken up on that game. It was amazing though that play. Then he had a great blocks on a few balls and a great job all together there. Truly he had a great game. That play was amazing.

And JP got his first career outfield assist!!! (maybe)

901018[/snapback]

 

It was his second "unassisted" OF assist to home plate

I still cant get over the fact that the play by treanor hasnt been shown on mlb.com top plays of the day..THAT IS bulls*** :mad

901029[/snapback]

Dude, it happened like 90 minutes ago. It will be on there by tomorrow, have some patience.

I still cant get over the fact that the play by treanor hasnt been shown on mlb.com top plays of the day..THAT IS bulls*** :mad

901029[/snapback]

 

I bet they got the Yankees walk off home run though...at the bottom line of espn it has ahead: "Yanks win with walk-off hr"...I though the Yanks/BoSawx bias was only bad when they actually played eachother, but I guess not.

I heard Roxy with the call and it was absolutely amazing! Treanor really came through big time and showed flashes of Game 4 of the NLDS all over again. :thumbup

he is Mike Redmond jr

901035[/snapback]

if you think about it...

 

the marlins ahve had some pretty damn good backup catchers.

901041[/snapback]

 

I can think of at least one guy not included in that group......

 

 

 

:lol

Treanor is the kind of guy you want on your team. He is gritty and will get the job done when called upon. As a catcher, offense is generally considered a secondary job. i wish he would get a tad more playing time though. But it is what it is. PS this injury to Paulie may be a blessing in disguise if we can find our heart.

Flashes of game 4 NLDS for sure. I happened to be sitting in the same seats tonite that I was in for that game. I've been in other seats in the 50 games I've been at in between. You guys are gonna have to chip in and buy me those seats if this happens whenever I sit there. A great throw also by Pierre. Unexpected, considering the source. As bad as his arm is it's hard to believe he's only had 0 or 1 other outfield assist as long as he's been playing. You'd think that someone would have stumbled running home at some point at least and he'd have at least one other assist.

he is Mike Redmond jr

901035[/snapback]

if you think about it...

 

the marlins ahve had some pretty damn good backup catchers.

901041[/snapback]

 

I can think of at least one guy not included in that group......

 

 

 

:lol

901082[/snapback]

 

 

 

No kidding. He couldn't do jack for us, but seems pretty good at doing jack against us though. :thumbdown

he is Mike Redmond jr

901035[/snapback]

if you think about it...

 

the marlins ahve had some pretty damn good backup catchers.

901041[/snapback]

 

I can think of at least one guy not included in that group......

 

 

 

:lol

901082[/snapback]

 

 

 

No kidding. He couldn't do jack for us, but seems pretty good at doing jack against us though. :thumbdown

901133[/snapback]

 

 

Castro had some big hits off the bench for us in 03 he just couldnt cut it as a starter. As for the Treanor play he shut me up big time I have to hate that I was sort of down on him before the game about his struggles at the plate but after the way he blocked the plater and then held on to the ball tonight I dont care how he is hitting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.