Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TOP TEN PROSPECTS FOR 2006

Featured Replies

Who are the Marlins' top 10 prospects for 2006 as Baseball America is getting their annual prospect book ready....... after the top 10 who might round out the top 20?

 

#1 Hermida

#2 Olsen

#3 Vargas

1. Hermida

2. Olsen

3. Vargas

4. Josh Johnson

5. Chris Resop

6. Chris Volstad

7. Sean West

8. R. Andino

9. Gaby Sanchez

10. Josh Willingham

 

that is my guess at least.

1. Hermida

2. Olsen

3. Vargas

4. Joe Johnson

5. Chris Resop

6. Chris Volstad

7. Sean West

8. R. Andino

9. Gaby Sanchez

10. Josh Willingham

 

that is my guess at least.

 

 

My list:

 

1. Hermida

2. Vargas

3. Olsen

4. Josh Johnson

5. Josh Willingham

6. Chris Volstad

7. Chris Resop

8. Robert Andino

9. Sean West

10. Gaby Sanchez

 

5 out of our top 7 prospects are pitchers. We need to start developing some hitters.

 

Oh, and the other high school pitcher we took in the first round... he might be in the top ten. I forget his name. Volstad is going to be a monster. I honestly expect him with the big league club as early as 2007.

Willingham? Aint a 28 year old back up catcher too old to be a top 10 prospect, or is our system really that devoid of bats?

 

 

 

that is what I was trying to figure out. A bat instead. Perhaps that Harvey kid? Stokes? I dont know. Why I tossed him 10th. :blink:

What about Reggie? Volstad probably makes the list and Tank's dropped from it.

 

FYI, here's our top 10 from last year:

 

1. Jeremy Hermida, of

2. Scott Olsen, lhp

3. Yorman Bazardo, rhp

4. Jason Stokes, 1b

5. Josh Willingham, c/1b

6. Eric Reed, of

7. Taylor Tankersley, lhp

8. Jason Vargas, lhp

9. Robert Andino, ss

10. Trevor Hutchinson, rhp

5 out of our top 7 prospects are pitchers. We need to start developing some hitters.

 

 

 

I've been saying that for a few years now. Look at the Braves this year, they had a lot of young hitters they were able to plug into holes to fill needs and it worked.

5 out of our top 7 prospects are pitchers. We need to start developing some hitters.

I've been saying that for a few years now. Look at the Braves this year, they had a lot of young hitters they were able to plug into holes to fill needs and it worked.The Braves also have a unique luxury, they can bring in almost any pitcher in the free agent market no matter how cheap and have them perform well.

Willingham? Aint a 28 year old back up catcher too old to be a top 10 prospect, or is our system really that devoid of bats?

Willingham is 25 last time I checked. :plain

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

 

nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case.

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

 

nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case.

 

You do realize that his season at AA WAS exceptional when compared to the amount of offense around him. And Beinfest4Prez, Willingham is 26, will be 27 right at the start of spring training...I was off by a year lol

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

 

nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case. Miguel didn't have so hot a start in the minors either. In fact, he didn't really perform at all till he hit AA. Why don't you check your facts?

 

 

And Hermida is a better all around ball player than Miguel. 5 tools. And don't say I jumped on his bandwagon cause he hit the grand slam either, because I have been a fan of his since he was drafted.

 

 

 

 

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

 

nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case.

 

You do realize that his season at AA WAS exceptional when compared to the amount of offense around him. And Beinfest4Prez, Willingham is 26, will be 27 right at the start of spring training...I was off by a year lol LOL. I was off by a year too.

Well for our sake, I hope i'm wrong about him. I guess we have no choice but to play him since we are going for a budget team next season.

Well for our sake, I hope i'm wrong about him. I guess we have no choice but to play him since we are going for a budget team next season.

 

 

Payroll likely wont be that much lower than this year, right about the same probably. And it is not about "having no choice but to play him", we are playing him because he will help that team, and has the makings of a truly special player.

ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best.

 

Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?

You have got to be kidding me.

 

nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case.

 

 

He is rated a top 25 player by BA going into the year. He was rated a top 10 player after the year he had. He is projected to hit .280 avg .350 OBP, 20-30 HR, 80 rbis 20 SB and solid defense. Basically he is rated the top 5 tool player. Those projections are within the next 2-3 years time. It will take some time for him to get used those type of stats. No he isnt Miggy, Miggy is very very rare. But those are future Allstar type stats.

 

If he plays out to his potential he could be a rock for us for the next 6 years in RF and a core of the team.

Hermida had great stats in a 41 AB call-up

 

 

23G 41AB 9R 12H 2DB 4HR 11RBI 26TB 6BB 12SO 2SB .383OBP .634SLG .293AVG

 

 

This team will be built around Miggy, Hermida, Beckett, and D-Train down the road

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.